Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,428 members, 7,812,260 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Huawei Is Harrassing Staff To Sign Oath! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Huawei Is Harrassing Staff To Sign Oath! (3152 Views)

MASSIVE UNEMPLOYMENT LOOMS MTN NIGERIA: 4,500 STAFF TO LOSE THEIR JOBS!!! / Pls Wat Should I Do? I've Been Compelled Into A Serious Oath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei Is Harrassing Staff To Sign Oath! by unclebros: 7:50am On Jul 20, 2009
In this era of modernisation and freedom of movement.

Huawei Technology a foremost telecoms hardware company in Nigeria is harrassing the nigerian staff to sign oath with the organisation. This is a follow up to the recent sacking of about 100 staff and outsourcing of another 50 staff (all nigerians) all due to supposed recession. Meanwhile, as they sack the nigerian staff they bring in more Chinkos who now take up the positions of the sacked nigerian. We all know its more expensive to have expats in an organisation than the locals.

Its a thing of shame for such a thing to be happening only in nigeria, Huawei has other branches in africa and all over the world but the condition of employment is worse in nigeria due to weakness of our labour laws and institutions.

These Chinkos are wicked and very racial in thier dispositions to nigerians working with them, Huawei is the largest provider of telecoms infrastructure in the nigerian telecoms market.

The big one is that they have asked all nigerians working with them to come and sign an oath with the organisation by 31st of this month

Please note that most of these chinkos do not have legal immigration status and therefore hide from the immigration officials.

Nigerians in Huawei needs our help!
Re: Huawei Is Harrassing Staff To Sign Oath! by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 20, 2009
plz u don't need to lament here, our country is getting worst, is it not Nigerian immigration that lets them in thru bribe, i worked with Indians for 2 years i couldn't bear it, i had to leave without informing them cos they are not worth it.

while working with them, Immigration Officer, Tax officer, Auditors, Police Officer, Lawyer, Chairman etc they are behind the maltreatment of staffs cos of the bribe they get from them, imagine the Nigerian Chairman telling the boss not to increase staff salary, and the police officer telling them to sack and employ ever 6 months so he can get enough money

i was working as a secretary i overhead this discussion and pretended not to know, had to start applying till i got another job and left, Tax Officials do not get the correct tax from them they get their bribe first

Nigeria is getting worst no need to lament
Re: Huawei Is Harrassing Staff To Sign Oath! by kokoA(m): 2:59pm On Jul 20, 2009
Anderline:

plz u don't need to lament here, our country is getting worst, is it not Nigerian immigration that lets them in thru bribe, i worked with Indians for 2 years i couldn't bear it, i had to leave without informing them cos they are not worth it.

while working with them, Immigration Officer, Tax officer, Auditors, Police Officer, Lawyer, Chairman etc they are behind the maltreatment of staffs cos of the bribe they get from them, imagine the Nigerian Chairman telling the boss not to increase staff salary, and the police officer telling them to sack and employ ever 6 months so he can get enough money

i was working as a secretary i overhead this discussion and pretended not to know, had to start applying till i got another job and left, Tax Officials do not get the correct tax from them they get their bribe first

Nigeria is getting worst no need to lament
Are you serious? This really happened?
Re: Huawei Is Harrassing Staff To Sign Oath! by virgie(f): 10:58am On Jul 21, 2009
Terrible things are happening at Huawei. My elder brother works there. It is a miracle that he has not been sacked, because they are sacking almost all Nigerians there without recourse to the conditions in their employment letter. As a matter of fact, my brother's Contract ends with them by December 31st.They do not want him after that. He is already looking for alternative employment before they boot him out.

it is hi - time we started to take charge of our Country and refuse these chinkos to treat Nigerian employees like shit.
Re: Huawei Is Harrassing Staff To Sign Oath! by nuesaweso(f): 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2009
shocked

is this for real?
Re: Huawei Is Harrassing Staff To Sign Oath! by Tonynwosa: 7:10am On Jul 27, 2009
the problem is that these things happen and all we do is complain, can't we organise a protest? go to a media house?write a petition to the minister of comm. and copy other relevant ministries and offices? i stopped my ZI from the imposition of contribution on corpers in her local govt by simply letting the state coordinator know abt it and money was refunded. the moment we start seeking solutions to our problems and fight intimidation the better for us who are chinko's to come to my country and do rubbish cos i work for them, they cant try that shit with me cos i'll run them down.when we start fighting for ourselves and stop blaming the govt the better. If anyone in the house is ready to bring info or get a staff or ex staff testify we can take this up. I'm in all the way.[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Huawei Is Harrassing Staff To Sign Oath! by microscope: 5:24pm On Jul 27, 2009
The funniest thing about this chinko guys is that they dont take there bath and you can never see them leaving in a big apartment. They all squeez themselves in a one room apartment(upto 15 in a room). They came from there over-populated country to over-populate our own country.
Just because of their cheap technology, that's why Nigerian Telecoms industry cant dispose of them,
I believe that very soon they will get to their excess and they will get their own sack letter,
We will definitely get rid of them soon,
They like cheap labour and Nigerians can not accept that, that's why i said there cups will be full soon,

1 Like

Re: Huawei Is Harrassing Staff To Sign Oath! by olufidel(m): 2:18pm On Aug 01, 2009
May be Nigerian staff in Huawei should consult Niger Delta Boyz best way to deal with wicked foreigners and Governments. they should act very fast.
Then Nigerian Immigration should look into all these chincos papers then Immigration guys can make solo money from these chincos atleast 1000 dollars per head of a chinco per month.just to pardon them. 1k dols pls guys should wake 4 this call is free money they are ready to pay anything is our soil.
Re: Huawei Is Harrassing Staff To Sign Oath! by tck2000(m): 9:39pm On Oct 10, 2019
hm
Re: Huawei Is Harrassing Staff To Sign Oath! by Charleys: 1:56am On Oct 11, 2019
The problem is that so many b people need the job.

(1) (Reply)

So Touching!!the Untold Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Albert Fantrau. / How I Survived My 35 Years In The Oil Industry / How Lucrative Is Sas(statistical Analysis Software) In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.