Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

How Lucrative Is Sas(statistical Analysis Software) In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Lucrative Is Sas(statistical Analysis Software) In Nigeria (3155 Views)

How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? / How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / How Lucrative Is OPTOMETRY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is Sas(statistical Analysis Software) In Nigeria by gbemiady: 11:40am On Feb 02, 2010
Hi House,

Am planning picking a career in SAS(Statistical Analysis Software), a friend introduced me to the software. I will like to know how lucrative is it pcking up career in it. My friend told me is used by GTbank, Skye Bank, First Bank and some other big firm in Nigeria. He also told me that just 10 people are certified in Nigeria as at 1 month ago and checking on line for job abroad is quite lucrative, imagine the salary scale of $80,000-$100,000 per annum.
Re: How Lucrative Is Sas(statistical Analysis Software) In Nigeria by ishmael(m): 3:50pm On Feb 02, 2010
gbemiady:

Hi House,

Am planning picking a career in SAS(Statistical Analysis Software), a friend introduced me to the software. I will like to know how lucrative is it pcking up career in it. My friend told me is used by GTbank, Skye Bank, First Bank and some other big firm in Nigeria. He also told me that just 10 people are certified in Nigeria as at 1 month ago and checking on line for job abroad is quite lucrative, imagine the salary scale of $80,000-$100,000 per annum.

That Nigerian Banks and big firms use it? What do they do with it? I doubt if nigerian banks believe in using such packages to achieve what they want (profit). American and European banks and businesses use it a lot for business analyses; but nigeria, i doubt; no body wants to follow the right path, they believe even without it they can still make their profits.

Just learn it on your own and add to your cv.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Sas(statistical Analysis Software) In Nigeria by chuckdee4(m): 4:19pm On Oct 15, 2010
ishmael:

That Nigerian Banks and big firms use it? What do they do with it? I doubt if nigerian banks believe in using such packages to achieve what they want (profit). American and European banks and businesses use it a lot for business analyses; but nigeria, i doubt; no body wants to follow the right path, they believe even without it they can still make their profits.

Just learn it on your own and add to your cv.

Couldn't agree more with you, i knw First Bank use it for their credit risk managment but asides that, the tool just sits down there doing nothing.
With all the cyustomer data and transactional data they collect, they could easily start up a customer intelligence unit to understand their customers better but these banks are all about marketing, trying to obtain new customers when the one's yuo have are not happy with the service you are providing.

The thought pattern of organizations has to change dramatically before tools like SAS can be fully utilized in Nigeria.

Where i work, only 1 person in the entire company knows how to use Cognos

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Are The Highest Paid Professionals In Nigeria? / Nestle Nigeria Or Oceanic Bank? / Oil Rig Worker Career Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.