Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

How Do I Delete A Thread? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do I Delete A Thread? (1053 Views)

How Do I Delete A Blogger/ Blog? / How Can I Delete A Thread / How Do I Delete A Topic I Created On Nairaland?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Delete A Thread? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
I'd like to know if it's allowed to delete a thread you created on nairaland?
Re: How Do I Delete A Thread? by paulGrundy(m): 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
Am interested in it too.

Cc Seun(m)
Re: How Do I Delete A Thread? by Zenlife: 3:54am On Mar 14, 2016
healthFirst:
I'd like to know if it's allowed to delete a thread you created on nairaland?

hopefully it is not this thread you have in mind healthfirst, ''LILO EWE ATI EGBO FUN IWOSAN, ITUSILE ATI ASEYORI'' lest it will be insensitive, callous and selfish...considering its many services to the people. And why do so if it is. that is if the original true 'honest' intent is to help the people as stated in your intro lines and not just to sell your book. I thus implore you, even if you can, despite your displeasure at some recent developments with the thread not to be a spoiler and delete this thread. HONOR AND VIRTUE, If however it is not the above stated thread intended, then do excuse me.
Re: How Do I Delete A Thread? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
Zenlife:

hopefully it is not this thread you have in mind healthfirst, ''LILO EWE ATI EGBO FUN IWOSAN, ITUSILE ATI ASEYORI'' lest it will be insensitive, callous and selfish...considering its many services to the people. And why do so if it is. that is if the original true 'honest' intent is to help the people as stated in your intro lines and not just to sell your book. I thus implore you, even if you can, despite your displeasure at some recent developments with the thread not to be a spoiler and delete this thread. HONOR AND VIRTUE, If however it is not the above stated thread intended, then do excuse me.

In as much as I have resolved not to join issues with the actual spoilers of the mentioned thread, I'd like to reiterate my intention to share knowledge freely as much as I can and I have being doing so. however, when I started the thread, I knew to every beginning, there's an ending. There's a limit to which I can assimilate insults from do-no-goods, semi illiterates and ill-will charlatans. I created that page with no intention to profit myself apart from the feeling of satisfaction that I get from people all over the world when they called to say the thread has benefited them.

My original intention still stands with the numerous beneficiary of the page but I'd like to be in control of what goes in there. Since nairaland doesn't offer such control to the creators of threads, I'll create a blog where people can still continue to benefit from whatever I'm able to share as long as I can. It's disheartening when you are willing to share precious knowledge but some people thinks the best is to baselessly cast aspersions on my character. I'll no longer take it.

@ Zenlife, Your view is well taken but I'm surprised you used these words(insensitive, callous) on my intention to stop the thread, but you didn't have anything to say about what's going on on the thread; perhaps, you think it's ok?
Re: How Do I Delete A Thread? by Zenlife: 10:38am On Mar 15, 2016
healthFirst:

In as much as I have resolved not to join issues with the actual spoilers of the mentioned thread, I'd like to reiterate my intention to share knowledge freely as much as I can and I have being doing so. however, when I started the thread, I knew to every beginning, there's an ending. There's a limit to which I can assimilate insults from do-no-goods, semi illiterates and ill-will charlatans. I created that page with no intention to profit myself apart from the feeling of satisfaction that I get from people all over the world when they called to say the thread has benefited them.

My original intention still stands with the numerous beneficiary of the page but I'd like to be in control of what goes in there. Since nairaland doesn't offer such control to the creators of threads, I'll create a blog where people can still continue to benefit from whatever I'm able to share as long as I can. It's disheartening when you are willing to share precious knowledge but some people thinks the best is to baselessly cast aspersions on my character. I'll no longer take it.

@ Zenlife, Your view is well taken but I'm surprised you used these words(insensitive, callous) on my intention to stop the thread, but you didn't have anything to say about what's going on on the thread; perhaps, you think it's ok?

My apologies for those words, do pardon me. No negativity intended. I also use this time to be apologetic to you on behalf of any who you feel may have offended you as you mentioned.

Your intent baba healthfirst with this beautiful thread you created is undoubtedly a noble one, your contributions even more beneficial, utilized and appreciated by all and sudry. Hence I appeal on behalf of users of this to keep it, operate it and continue your contributions. Your displeasure at recent trends have been observed, noted and addressed by some users recently, with your wisdom though, you are aware that its a world of opposites. With beauty comes ugliness, with light, darkness, etc. But daylight do not discontinue because of nightfall and vice-versa. Somehow they have always found a way to co-exist. In similar light, I humbly request all users of this thread to co-exist and accentuate rather than rend each other. No one is above learning, if they are, then I believe this thread isn't for them and free to take a walk. We are all here to share and learn. Yes here, some know more than many, they are teachers. and we the students are thankful for their willingness to teach and share. To he much is given much is expected.

With ultimate respect to God and due respect and honor to the Ifa Corpus, the antagonisms, distractions and derailings should cease from all quarters. I suggest if one is diapleased with a post it should be addressed privately via e-mail, etc; if done on this thread, it shouldn't be done aggresively whereby the other party feels defensive of offended. Let all respect each other. One of Ifa's main requisites in its practices is distinct character. Let us all represent and emulate such. Whomsoever knowingly is disrespectful or antagonistic in their apporoach to issues should be warned and with further breach be banned from this thread.

As it is, checks and balances in a tasteful manner must be employed for the honor, use and operation of this thread. It is my belief so far that the Corpus is displeased with the recent happenings on this thread. We all must understand and honor the purpose of this thread, contribute and share in a sacred, tasteful and matured manner, lest we abuse Ifa, and that is unacceptable.

I thus again seriously and heartfully appeal to you baba healthfirst not to abandon this beauty which you created and continue as the op. The blog consideration, while it may be executed, shouldn't deter your op of this thread. We the users need you here, and we all need each other. We are all, but a part of a whole which absolutely merits honor and praise. No more quarrels, back-bittings, attacks, etc. Let us all be good disciples and emulators of Ifa tenets and not make ourselves a laughing stock. In unity we stand. Let us all make Ifa proud and be one big happy family.

Let peace reign and be.

I thank you all.
Re: How Do I Delete A Thread? by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 15, 2016
Zenlife:

My apologies for those words, do pardon me. No negativity intended. I also use this time to be apologetic to you on behalf of any who you feel may have offended you as you mentioned.

Your intent baba healthfirst with this beautiful thread you created is undoubtedly a noble one, your contributions even more beneficial, utilized and appreciated by all and sudry. Hence I appeal on behalf of users of this to keep it, operate it and continue your contributions. Your displeasure at recent trends have been observed, noted and addressed by some users recently, with your wisdom though, you are aware that its a world of opposites. With beauty comes ugliness, with light, darkness, etc. But daylight do not discontinue because of nightfall and vice-versa. Somehow they have always found a way to co-exist. In similar light, I humbly request all users of this thread to co-exist and accentuate rather than rend each other. No one is above learning, if they are, then I believe this thread isn't for them and free to take a walk. We are all here to share and learn. Yes here, some know more than many, they are teachers. and we the students are thankful for their willingness to teach and share. To he much is given much is expected.

With ultimate respect to God and due respect and honor to the Ifa Corpus, the antagonisms, distractions and derailings should cease from all quarters. I suggest if one is diapleased with a post it should be addressed privately via e-mail, etc; if done on this thread, it shouldn't be done aggresively whereby the other party feels defensive of offended. Let all respect each other. One of Ifa's main requisites in its practices is distinct character. Let us all represent and emulate such. Whomsoever knowingly is disrespectful or antagonistic in their apporoach to issues should be warned and with further breach be banned from this thread.

As it is, checks and balances in a tasteful manner must be employed for the honor, use and operation of this thread. It is my belief so far that the Corpus is displeased with the recent happenings on this thread. We all must understand and honor the purpose of this thread, contribute and share in a sacred, tasteful and matured manner, lest we abuse Ifa, and that is unacceptable.

I thus again seriously and heartfully appeal to you baba healthfirst not to abandon this beauty which you created and continue as the op. The blog consideration, while it may be executed, shouldn't deter your op of this thread. We the users need you here, and we all need each other. We are all, but a part of a whole which absolutely merits honor and praise. No more quarrels, back-bittings, attacks, etc. Let us all be good disciples and emulators of Ifa tenets and not make ourselves a laughing stock. In unity we stand. Let us all make Ifa proud and be one big happy family.

Let peace reign and be.

I thank you all.

I'm speechless. I appreciate.
Re: How Do I Delete A Thread? by iLegendd(m): 11:49am On Oct 21, 2017

(1) (Reply)

(video) Lagos-bound Air Peace Flight Went In Flames After Take Off / #just Happened : #ghastly_motor_accident At Abia State (photos) / Shocking! Former Super Eagles Coach Stephen Kechi Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.