Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,309 members, 7,860,760 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:42 PM

What is the Marking Scheme for JAMB Exam? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What is the Marking Scheme for JAMB Exam? (1087 Views)

Is Marking Scheme Necessary For Lecturers? / Jamb Shld Accept D Error Of Using Wrong Marking Scheme To Mark Diff Subj. Types / JAMB CBT Marking Scheme For 2016 UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What is the Marking Scheme for JAMB Exam? by Dee235: 12:05am On Mar 14, 2016
My first experience in writing JAMB exam was in SS3, in 2001, of course I went in naive and didn't know much about the exam. I scored 187 out of 400. I was surprised at my score.

The following year I prepared harder for the exam, my Dad enrolled me in one of the best private lessons, I studied hard as well. I heard rumours that negative marking was applied in marking of the exam, and also heard that some questions had no answer. So I determined to study harder and not to guess at all, and I would only answer only questions I was very sure. God so kind I scored 286 that year and it was enough to gain admission into Engineering.

I didn't start schooling that year because the school I intended to study was on strike. I had already secured admission by virtue of my score. So I enrolled for JAMB exam the following year just for fun of it, I applied the strategies I had earlier used. I avoided guessing, I only answered the questions I was very sure of. For the English section I answered the much of the questions, but for the other 3 subjects I avoided guessing. This time I scored 291. I was expecting to score lower than the second time. I was surprised and delighted at the score.

I noticed from the exams, from the 50 questions in Maths, the more questions I answered in the section I scored just around 67 when I thought I should score around 90 or 95. I also noticed if I scantily answered only the questions I knew in Chemistry say 20 or 25 of the questions, without trying to guess aimlessly I scored around 70 or so.

I don't know if you had similar experience, but up till date, I don't know if JAMB has officially released their marking scheme. I think they should release it for transparency, and to assist students in their studies and preparations.
Re: What is the Marking Scheme for JAMB Exam? by chiefolododo(m): 12:26am On Mar 14, 2016
Congrats

1 Like

Re: What is the Marking Scheme for JAMB Exam? by Monalisa185(f): 12:36am On Mar 14, 2016
in a nutshell, you wrote your jamb in 2003...my brother/sister, that was when the system of education in this country was good.... in fact, there was no post utme during that time....

now, things have fallen apart....need I say more?

1 Like

Re: What is the Marking Scheme for JAMB Exam? by kaysolo726: 12:44am On Mar 14, 2016
hmm
Re: What is the Marking Scheme for JAMB Exam? by kaysolo726: 7:28am On Mar 14, 2016
We want our real score,#saynotojambfakeresults
We need justice
A peaceful protest will be held in Abuja and lagos tomorrow
This is how we are gonna be moving tmrw. Lagos Chapter, let us meet by 8am at
11 OJORA ROAD, IKOYI,
P.M.B. 12748, LAGOS, LAGOS STATE.
PHONE: 0*8033051253
E-mail: jambnhalagos@yahoo.co*m, Lagos.
From there we head to
Channels Television, Kresta Laurel Complex, 376 Ikorodu Road, Maryland, Lagos , Nigeria. From Channels to TVC and other medias.
Our major aim is to get to jamb office, channels and Tvc while other medias can follow.
ABUJA,VENUE IS EAGLE SQUARE ... WEAR A BLACK SHIRT!!!! COME WITH YOUR MATERIALS FOR PROTEST IF U AV.
Winners Lawrence (Abuja Protestant Leader)
Note: You're meant to leave your house early because of Monday traffic as early as possible.
* You're meant to come with your cardboard each with your grievances on them and other protests tools e.g Bell
* You're meant to eat before coming
*You're meant to come with your jamb results as evidences/proof as requested by the media.
* You're meant to come with two or more people
* You're meant to come with your fare
* You're meant to dress like a learned person
* it's a peaceful protest
* For those chapters that won't protest tomorrow, support us online with the hashtag #Saynotojambfakeresults...on Facebook, Twitter and all social media
Ajala Samuel Akindele
Nationwide Prote*st Convener and Head of Lagos Chapter
U can also launch online prote*st on Facebook and twitter
@concernjambite
and hash tag #saynotojambfakeresult
Fellow jambites come out and let our voice be heard
Remember a close mouth is close destiny, let not allow jamb to change our future
Re: What is the Marking Scheme for JAMB Exam? by Dee235: 11:15pm On Mar 14, 2016
Monalisa185:
in a nutshell, you wrote your jamb in 2003...my brother/sister, that was when the system of education in this country was good.... in fact, there was no post utme during that time....

now, things have fallen apart....need I say more?

But still even at that time, we were still told that the system of education had fallen. And that the years before us, the system was good.
Re: What is the Marking Scheme for JAMB Exam? by Dee235: 11:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
kaysolo726:
We want our real score,#saynotojambfakeresults
We need justice
A peaceful protest will be held in Abuja and lagos tomorrow
This is how we are gonna be moving tmrw. Lagos Chapter, let us meet by 8am at
11 OJORA ROAD, IKOYI,
P.M.B. 12748, LAGOS, LAGOS STATE.
PHONE: 0*8033051253
E-mail: jambnhalagos@yahoo.co*m, Lagos.
From there we head to
Channels Television, Kresta Laurel Complex, 376 Ikorodu Road, Maryland, Lagos , Nigeria. From Channels to TVC and other medias.
Our major aim is to get to jamb office, channels and Tvc while other medias can follow.
ABUJA,VENUE IS EAGLE SQUARE ... WEAR A BLACK SHIRT!!!! COME WITH YOUR MATERIALS FOR PROTEST IF U AV.
Winners Lawrence (Abuja Protestant Leader)
Note: You're meant to leave your house early because of Monday traffic as early as possible.
* You're meant to come with your cardboard each with your grievances on them and other protests tools e.g Bell
* You're meant to eat before coming
*You're meant to come with your jamb results as evidences/proof as requested by the media.
* You're meant to come with two or more people
* You're meant to come with your fare
* You're meant to dress like a learned person
* it's a peaceful protest
* For those chapters that won't protest tomorrow, support us online with the hashtag #Saynotojambfakeresults...on Facebook, Twitter and all social media
Ajala Samuel Akindele
Nationwide Prote*st Convener and Head of Lagos Chapter
U can also launch online prote*st on Facebook and twitter
@concernjambite
and hash tag #saynotojambfakeresult
Fellow jambites come out and let our voice be heard
Remember a close mouth is close destiny, let not allow jamb to change our future

I think part of this can be resolved if JAMB officially release how they get to mark their questions, and how students are scored. They can't just add marks arbitrarily.

(1) (Reply)

Bilateral Games Between Unibadan And University Of Ghana,legon 2016 (2nd Leg) / Noun Mass Failure & Ignorance To Her Students:- A Shoutout To Prof Ado Tenebe / A Description Of GUI Of Window 8.0 Operating System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.