Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,523 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Noun Mass Failure & Ignorance To Her Students:- A Shoutout To Prof Ado Tenebe - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Noun Mass Failure & Ignorance To Her Students:- A Shoutout To Prof Ado Tenebe (1046 Views)

Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy / Delta State Polytechnic Students Protest Over Mass Failure / Noun Mass Failure And Ignorance To Their Students Complain. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Noun Mass Failure & Ignorance To Her Students:- A Shoutout To Prof Ado Tenebe by Tessyy1701: 8:09pm On Nov 25, 2016
This has been a very disturbing issue on the heart of the students since the emergence of prof. Abdallah Adamu. In this second batch of the noun 2016, noun have been out of the league if I would say. Noun is said to be an online/distance learning institution but for over some months now the students have not been able to assess the school portal,and this caused some major damage having some student not been able to complete their registration,paying their fees or even more doing and submitting their test(Tma). With Noun having in mind that their is no way to communicate or pass announcement to their students not even to attempt to send a text message to them went ahead to fix an examination. i have never heard where a distance learning institution is operating an exam without there portal being accessible. Noun didn't only block out the students from not being able to access their private portal they also made most of them not to be able to write their test without any reasonable explanation on why the portal shut down.
Now with all this happening 95percent of the students that are now doing their exams have all been having mass failure in all the 3exams that have gone with nobody scoring 50 in the exams. The scores have been circling from 0-30 and with that, they have all been complaining but noun officials seems to be putting on deaf ears to their complains. Their have also been complains of malfunctioning computers and incomplete questions having no solutions in them but still yet no staff is giving any response to it and no official is wanting to resolve or bring solution to it.
The students are all angry and are saying that the exam should be stopped till the portal is rectified even if it will take all through the year than for them to be treated as if they don't matter at all. 
My question is this.... is it that noun don't have their students in heart or are they just doing this so as to greatly reduce the number of student by issuing a mass failure skill to all of the students writing the computer based test and what is now trying to do about the none going portal and the level of mass failure already awarded to their students?
National open university is bigger and better than a man who don't pass from ABU Zaria but Buhari should bring back our ADO TENEBE
Re: Noun Mass Failure & Ignorance To Her Students:- A Shoutout To Prof Ado Tenebe by omokab: 9:43pm On Nov 25, 2016
Changing of management is the cause of this nonsense. The new management is not trying at all on the issue of portal. How possible school will close it's portal while the course registration and exam registration is going on? In actual sense many student could not register for exam and do their TMA which means a bad precedent. The management may have a good intention of upgrading the school but it come at the wrong time. I know they are trying to employing best hand lecturers now, because I saw their advertisement on national daily. I love the way they set their questions as it is standard. It may be because of this student were complaining of mass failure. Because if you are writing an exam, it has nothing to do with portal as u already have your course materials to read for the exam. Another area is on the school fees and project cost. I paid 26k for project this last semester to school account, just to register for project. Now still need to incur cost to write my project which I don't know what it will cost me.

1 Like

Re: Noun Mass Failure & Ignorance To Her Students:- A Shoutout To Prof Ado Tenebe by Tessyy1701: 4:11am On Nov 26, 2016
omokab:
Changing of management is the cause of this nonsense. The new management is not trying at all on the issue of portal. How possible school will close it's portal while the course registration and exam registration is going on? In actual sense many student could not register for exam and do their TMA which means a bad precedent. The management may have a good intention of upgrading the school but it come at the wrong time. I know they are trying to employing best hand lecturers now, because I saw their advertisement on national daily. I love the way they set their questions as it is standard. It may be because of this student were complaining of mass failure. Because if you are writing an exam, it has nothing to do with portal as u already have your course materials to read for the exam. Another area is on the school fees and project cost. I paid 26k for project this last semester to school account, just to register for project. Now still need to incur cost to write my project which I don't know what it will cost me.
One of the undoing of d school, y on earth ll u pay 15k for project, 15k for IT registration and U all still go on to pay a thousand Naira each for exam registration.... Are they a writing exams?
Re: Noun Mass Failure & Ignorance To Her Students:- A Shoutout To Prof Ado Tenebe by klassiquepromzy: 8:24am On Nov 26, 2016
omokab:

If u wrote this exam, In any lagos centre esp. Apapa centre u will understand what we saying. There computers were malfunctioning, missing solutions to questions and much more disturbing issues. Noun were not prepared for this exam and at that should should not have rushed into it without considering the students
Re: Noun Mass Failure & Ignorance To Her Students:- A Shoutout To Prof Ado Tenebe by Tessyy1701: 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2016
klassiquepromzy:

If u wrote this exam, In any lagos centre esp. Apapa centre u will understand what we saying. There computers were malfunctioning, missing solutions to questions and much more disturbing issues. Noun were not prepared for this exam and at that should should not have rushed into it without considering the students
My broda come to Ilorin study centre, we re facing hell here

(1) (Reply)

See What Happens In Mouau Night Classes..... / University Of Stirling International Masters Scholarships And Awards / How To Check 2017 JAMB Results-jamb Checkers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.