Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

$2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation (30797 Views)

Arms Deals: EFCC Seizes Ex-chief Of Army Staff’s N4B Estate / $15bn Arms Deals: Panel Traces N2bn To Five Children Of Ex-army Chief / $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by youngwarlocks: 7:39am On Mar 14, 2016
ok
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by callJesu: 7:41am On Mar 14, 2016
Every means to obtain Nigeria in all areas by men, God will scatter their works
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by ROCKHARDDK(m): 7:43am On Mar 14, 2016
Dasuki should've pushed me just a token of 50m for the sake of our friendship but he didn't instead he pushed his son Bily Naira.

Baba Catch Dem
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by obailala(m): 7:43am On Mar 14, 2016
egalitarian78:
The corruption in this country is just too endemic for anyone's liking but d state agents must also be told that dia penchant for rushing to d media when investigation is yet to be concluded, obviously to make us know they're active in their job, might be having a negative effect as d suspects and their lawyers will immediately modify dia strategy and build a stronger defence against d state. This has been why Efcc has not won most corruption cases dat looked too gigantic at onset by dia media propaganda only to be soon deflated at d courts. The portion dat said his father giving some instructions; were they referring to d boy's father as d minister or as d husband of d minister. The govt must also be reminded dat anti corruption fight must go on with governance as abandoning d later completely is what has left d country in d present day economic hardship and confusion. Personally, most truthful Nigerians will not change dia 'persecution ' impression about this fight if only d opposition members are being caught by dia net. Every thief must be brought to justice.
Have you imagined that most times, it it the media that runs to EFCC in search of food (news) and not the other way round?... Hence the reports are always being incomplete with the EFCC officials refusing to give full details.

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by erico2k2(m): 7:44am On Mar 14, 2016
malton:
It beats me how the very same people who bear the brunt (if at all they do) of such kleptocracy stake their reputation defending the indefensible. Does your conscience not prick you at all? How do you sleep at nights with so much blood on your hands?

I've lost friends and known ones, an uncle and nearly lost my mum all to Boko haram. They burnt down my dad's house, and he's broken a bone in an accident he was involved in whilst he and his team were chasing them down.

So I know firsthand what it's like to suffer in the hands of those monsters. The thing is, it all happened at the time bullets were being rationed to soldiers, by which time they could have long been contained or their powers whittled down at the very least, had the money been put to purpose.

All we want is justice for the lost souls who cannot speak up now. We're their voices, and are watching with keen interest from the sideline how events unfold.
Some times I think it's the leaders who. Are the real BH.coming here to tell us they cannot name the minister and his Son is a slap in the face of well meaning Nigerians. When the minister for Aviation was probed she was named even in a larger sum so what's the big deal in them not naming a formal minister or is he in Power?

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 14, 2016
malton:
It beats me how the very same people who bear the brunt (if at all they do) of such kleptocracy stake their reputation defending the indefensible. Does your conscience not prick you at all? How do you sleep at nights with so much blood on your hands?

I've lost friends and known ones, an uncle and nearly lost my mum all to Boko haram. They burnt down my dad's house, and he's broken a bone in an accident he was involved in whilst he and his team were chasing them down.

So I know firsthand what it's like to suffer in the hands of those monsters. The thing is, it all happened at the time bullets were being rationed to soldiers, by which time they could have long been contained or their powers whittled down at the very least, had the money been put to purpose.

All we want is justice for the lost souls who cannot speak up now. We're their voices, and are watching with keen interest from the sideline how events unfold.

What beats me more is why they dont sentence dasuki to death

Rev King killed off some congregation, and was sentenced to death
Dasuki caused the death of many, but his allowed to breath, and even talk to the media

I know if this was somewhere in iran, dasuki would be dead by now, but over here in Nigeria oeople will scream "human right"
As if people that were killed because of this mismanagement weren't humans. The laws weren't made for the rich

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by eLcastro(m): 7:45am On Mar 14, 2016
DaBullIT:
Again

the news said , Son of a former minister of finance

But they said they won't name the son

Abeg, when you sabi the minister name , you no go sabi him pikin ?

Hidden clues in Nigerian Journalism

Wikipedia I hail thee

Adamu Ciroma 1999–2003

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala 2003–2006

Nnenadi Usman 2006–2007

Shamsuddeen Usman 2007–2009

Mansur Mukhtar 2009–2010

Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga 2010– June, 2011

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala July 2011–May 2015

Kemi Adeosun 11 November 2015–present

[size=18pt]I WANT TO PLAY A GAME , IT'S CALLED SPOT THE THIEF
[/size]
d gods always hav a way of makin d wise look foolish....is Kemi an X-minister.?

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by Kimoni: 7:46am On Mar 14, 2016
mallamseifaldin:
Buhari you are disappointing me..

Stop granting this criminals bail, jail them so that others will learn and the world will know that you are really fighting corruption....

PMB please let us go back to the old path, let us go back to 1983 when corrupt politicians are jailed.....

I AM TIRED OFF ARRESTED TODAY, BAILED TOMORROW......

We are all tired honestly but the truth remains: rule of law must prevail
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by brunofarad(m): 7:46am On Mar 14, 2016
Ok na
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by modath(f): 7:47am On Mar 14, 2016
oyb:
Are we seeing how beasts of no nation was financed?

Hopefully some smart investigative reporter will do a background check on the no mane production companies involved in the project., lipsrsealed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beasts_of_No_Nation_(film)

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by Trulie(m): 7:49am On Mar 14, 2016
egalitarian78:
The corruption in this country is just too endemic for anyone's liking but d state agents must also be told that dia penchant for rushing to d media when investigation is yet to be concluded, obviously to make us know they're active in their job, might be having a negative effect as d suspects and their lawyers will immediately modify dia strategy and build a stronger defence against d state. This has been why Efcc has not won most corruption cases dat looked too gigantic at onset by dia media propaganda only to be soon deflated at d courts. The portion dat said his father giving some instructions; were they referring to d boy's father as d minister or as d husband of d minister. The govt must also be reminded dat anti corruption fight must go on with governance as abandoning d later completely is what has left d country in d present day economic hardship and confusion. Personally, most truthful Nigerians will not change dia 'persecution ' impression about this fight if only d opposition members are being caught by dia net. Every thief must be brought to justice.

that's my worries exactly. how can apc members be this CLEAN. how many of the pdp turned apc members have been caught so far? Personally I think this administration is one-sided in its fight against corruption.

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by amagunnerfan: 7:51am On Mar 14, 2016
jmichlins:
I do not know if am the only one tired of this efcc arrest and detain troubles. Please save us the details and throw someone in jail then come tell us
Then you lot can go about and shout how Buhari is practising jungle justice? Due process has to be followed mate.

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by LordVoldemort(m): 7:51am On Mar 14, 2016
This is the story of senator musilu Obanikoro and son.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by Sijo01(f): 7:52am On Mar 14, 2016
Nigeria politicians will loot for themselves and their unborn generations.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by Gkemz: 7:52am On Mar 14, 2016
One thing this government is good at is inflating figures to sound so big to the ear.

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by erico2k2(m): 7:55am On Mar 14, 2016
DaBullIT:
Again

Wikipedia I hail thee

Adamu Ciroma 1999–2003

Nnenadi Usman 2006–2007

Mansur Mukhtar 2009–2010

[/size]
I just realised they said the FATHER.not THE MOTHER. EFCC plz carry the public along ni.we are tired of Cat and Mouse game and how do you ask a thief to return money?

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by amagunnerfan: 7:55am On Mar 14, 2016
egalitarian78:
I agree with you here. It is a shame really and I think this is been done to make people see the government is actually doing something.

This happens as the government is struggling to encourage people to be patient. It is a "see me" attitude and this is due largely to the level of the rot the previous government left behind.

APC is trying so hard to let the world know they are trying but the damage is colossal.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by DaBullIT(m): 7:56am On Mar 14, 2016
Perhaps in reality , Gods always have a way of making good eyes blind

Kemi Adeosun 11 November 2015–[b]present[/b]

eLcastro:
d gods always hav a way of makin d wise look foolish....is Kemi an X-minister.?
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by bankylan: 7:56am On Mar 14, 2016
olatade:
There is always a price for every change, any change without a price is a fad. I understand the fact that Nigerians are going through a lot of difficulty time at the moment which is quite painful. However we need to be objective and impervious. We need to critically assess our situation. At the moment the oil price is at its lowest price in 16 years and the reality is that as a nation we don't have other means of income. With the rapacious greed demonstrated by the previous governments it is clear we have no savings for all 16 years of raining days.
For us to move forward as a nation we must take deliberate and painful steps that will liberate our nation. Under the watch of #Ngozi madam world Bank trillions of naira were lavished on friends and associates and the nation was left bleeding.
To all supporters of #GEJ the elections are over and your mentor will never return as a president not even of Niger Delta. He has become part of our black history.
. #PMBleadUsToTheNextLevel. God bless Nigeria.

When a young man thinks it is his grandfather that will chart the Course of his life for him in this age, that is pure mental slavery

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by kolaaderin: 7:57am On Mar 14, 2016
That is how exactly naira was sent to early grave, imagine that amount of transaction in dollars just for loot by the BDC, ' am just doing my business of changing that ridiculous amount of money outside banking system without informing EFCC' now u see why we need to stop BDC for good.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by LordVoldemort(m): 7:57am On Mar 14, 2016
Trulie:

that's my worries exactly. how can apc members be this CLEAN. how many of the pdp turned apc members have been caught so far? Personally I think this administration is one-sided in its fight against corruption.

There is no way everybody in APC Is clean. The fight might be one sided at the moment because you wouldn't want to create internal crisis in your party by investigating members of your party when you need their support to prosecute the yam eaters. When buhari Is done with PDP am very positive he will turn his attention to all the not so smart yam eaters in APC but for now it is unwise to for him to do so.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by Jethrolite(m): 7:58am On Mar 14, 2016
DaBullIT:
Again

Wikipedia I hail thee

Adamu Ciroma 1999–2003

Nnenadi Usman 2006–2007

Mansur Mukhtar 2009–2010

[/size]
That ministry has 2 ministers at any point.

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by tinsel: 8:00am On Mar 14, 2016
LordVoldemort:
This is the story of senator musilu Obanikoro and son.
Was he ever a Minister of Finance or State(finance)?

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by Lionhearted: 8:00am On Mar 14, 2016
DaBullIT:
Again

Wikipedia I hail thee

Adamu Ciroma 1999–2003

Nnenadi Usman 2006–2007

Mansur Mukhtar 2009–2010

[/size]

Good thinking...

But how do you reconcile the part 'some of the instructions were also received from the father'? Note the word 'also'? The minister is probably a male, perhaps a minister of state. Or the choices of words chosen to play to the gallery.

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by Nbote(m): 8:03am On Mar 14, 2016
It's increasingly becoming annoying dis 'Tracing" by EFCC of sums. Why not finish up ur investigations and go to court with ur evidences instead of keeping the media awash with figures dat add to their already harsh realities. Go and make ur revelations in the courts and stop dis distraction, it's becoming really annoying.

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by NenweIstson: 8:06am On Mar 14, 2016
When is time going to ripe? After 2019? Keep deceiving yourself bro
DropShot:
Ngozi Iweala is a thief. She will soon have her days in court.

I kukuma trust Buhari and this Magu guy to do the needful when the time is ripe.

Or better for her not to step into Naija during the life of this administration.

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by hustla(m): 8:06am On Mar 14, 2016
BaddieKay:
You don't have full details yet and u hurried to release a statement.why not finish ur investigation and effect arrest b4 blabbing.As it is u've already let the young man know ur after him and he'll come prepared.

What exactly is it that's stopping you 4rm giving the name of the minister's son?

It's actually better they don't
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by LordVoldemort(m): 8:09am On Mar 14, 2016
tinsel:

Was he ever a Minister of Finance or State(finance)?

What year are we? 2016?

Sorry just got back from the future, things are not nice in the future ooo
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by pasol4real(m): 8:09am On Mar 14, 2016
DropShot:
Ngozi Iweala is a thief. She will soon have her days in court.

I kukuma trust Buhari and this Magu guy to do the needful when the time is ripe.

Or better for her not to step into Naija during the life of this administration.
**** like u she lives in nigeria
Go n touch her If u can .

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by NenweIstson: 8:10am On Mar 14, 2016
We have all heard of this propaganda, go make arrest and charge them to court, anyway I don't trust the media channel that reported this issue.

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by oweman: 8:10am On Mar 14, 2016
[quote author=mallamseifaldin post=43751425]Buhari you are disappointing me..

Stop granting this criminals bail, jail them so that others will learn and the world will know that you are really fighting corruption....

PMB please let us go back to the old path, let us go back to 1983 when corrupt politicians are jailed.....

I AM TIRED OFF ARRESTED TODAY, BAILED TOMORROW......

Going bavk as you wsh is imposible; then there were no wailers and the settingd was under a military set up not now that its democracy .
But its as if our own democracy is like what Fela will call demonscrazy this exposse are too much! its madness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers Assembly: Ehie Edison Declares The Seats Of 25 Defected Members Vacant / Aisha Buhari, Dolapo Osinbajo In Katsina (Photos) / Saraki Speaks On CRK, IRK Curriculum Controversy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.