Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Job Assistance After 1020 Applications - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Job Assistance After 1020 Applications (752 Views)

Not All Roles Are Advertised: The Importance Of Speculative Applications / Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response / Teach For Nigeria Is Now Receiving Applications. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Assistance After 1020 Applications by Bumken(f): 5:24am On Mar 14, 2016
I write to solicit help from well meaning Nigerians with regards to job. I have great qualifications, skills and experience as shown on my profile below but all my effort to get a job mounted to nothing since I don't have godfather. I have submitted 1020 job applications just this year alone but no feedback and when I stand a chance it will be manipulated. Below is my resume for an overview. Anyone that can help; please help me and I will everly appreciate. Any job, location and salary are all welcomed. Thanks and may God meet you, all at your own points of need.

CAREER PROFILE A highly disciplined, creative and skilled individual with diverse knowledge and experiences in Administrative, Marketing and Managerial field, seeking to secure a challenging position in an organization where knowledge, skills and experience can be well utilized for the development of the prospective company. PROFESSIONAL STRENGTH Exceptional five years of Administrative, Marketing and Managerial experience Effective written and verbal communication skills Leadership, Problem solving and team work skills In-depth knowledge of computer and the internet for research Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and without supervision WORK EXPERIENCE MANAGER 2012 – 2015 Royal Suites Ltd Major responsibilities Planning, directing and overseeing the daily operations as well as fiscal health of the company. Reviewing performance data, which includes financial, sales and activity report as to ensure general productivity, goal achievement and overall effectiveness of the company. Communicating regularly with other staff, the Chief Executive Officer and other designated contacts within the company for effective operation. Providing oversight and direction to employees in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures. Temporary engaging in marketing of company products. SECRETARY 2010 – 2012 Leads Resources Ltd Major responsibilities Performs complex secretarial and clerical functions and activities to relieve the Chief Executive Officer of routine administrative details. Coordinates and prioritize work flow within assigned duties as to ensure efficient and effect office operations. Prepares and maintains varieties of confidential documents as related to the office duties. Attends a variety of meetings as required. Operates computer for data management; storage and retrieval. TEACHING (NYSC) 2009 – 2010 Oboh International School Major Responsibilities Rendering of selfless service of impacting knowledge to SS1, 2 and 3 student of government and CRK subject according to educational scheme of work. Facilities student learning of the subject; government and CRK by fostering a classroom environment conducive to learning and promoting excellent engagement. Conduct class test to ascertain student learning ability and performance Formulate exam questions, supervises exams and prepare student result sheet prior to the end of academic session. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS Member- British Project Professional 2015 Awarding body: British Project Professional Society, UK. Certificate In Computer Studies 2014 Awarding body: Bina-Universal Information Technology, Ltd. Advanced Diploma In Project Management 2013 - 2014 Awarding body: British school of project management, UK. Certificate of International English Language Testing system 2010 Awarding body: British Council, UK. Certificate of National Youth Service Corp 2009 – 2010 Awarding body: Federal Government of Nigeria. Bachelor’s degree in Political Science 2004 – 2008 Awarding body: Anambra State University, Uli. PERSONAL DATA Name: Obiaku Obunike Christopher Date of Birth: 29th November, 1984 State of Origin: Anambra State Gender: Male Marital Status: Single Nationality: Nigerian HOBBIES Passion for reading, writing and research REFEREES Available on request
08095854528 ocobiaku@gmail.com
Re: Job Assistance After 1020 Applications by hrworld: 3:04pm On Mar 14, 2016
If you have submitted 1020 application this year alone means that you are just dropping your CV for all the openings you see. You mention godfather which means you believe you cannot get a job without one and it's affecting you. I have had over 10 years work experience in different companies and I have never used godfather ism. Infact those days when we had to apply through The Guardian and post we still get invitation.

You need to review your CV and change your impression that if you don't know people you can't get job because if you don't change that attitude, you will not get a desired job.

4 Likes

Re: Job Assistance After 1020 Applications by exotiqueify(f): 10:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
My dear brother, plz for the love of God, I'm talking to u as a sister to a brother, and not only because we are both igbos, but we are from same state, plz, I implore u, take off ur personal details from this forum. I know getting a job is hard but u have to hang in there.. Dont reduce yourself to this, to get a job, biko... Truth is, u have more experience than I have at hand, and yet, I get invited for interviews at least 3times a week,(and friends ask me how I do it, and I'm like, I don't even know). I even pick the ones to go to. I'm surprised u don't, even with the experience u have. My advise, though is this, apply to places that actually suit u, and even when u get an offer which is small, try to start from there, and grow....The Lord is ur strength....Meanwhile, do what u know u can do, which I have figured so far is writing; it yields a lot of income, u'ld be surprised....Meanwhile I want to talk to u concerning one of your recent threads on writing..... It is well
P.S: I write too....
Re: Job Assistance After 1020 Applications by engineerjimmy: 12:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
Are you an aspiring or praticing technician/engineer who is looking for fellow technicians/engineers to share knowledge with,share and gain from job and contract opportunities,and also participate in different on going projects,you can message 08170697723 on whatsapp and be part of the engineeringforum group. Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Advice: How Can I Survive In This Labour Market Without Breaking My Virginity. / How To Remain Poor. / 10 Signs You Really Are A Leader (and Might Not Know It)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.