Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Nairaland.com And nairaland.+net. Any Connection? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland.com And nairaland.+net. Any Connection? (601 Views)

Run Whatsapp Without Internet Connection? / Top Events That Rocked Nigeria And Nairaland / Letter To Mr Seun And Nairaland Mods On Mr And Mrs Nairaland Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland.com And nairaland.+net. Any Connection? by MisterMan(m): 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2009
Recently I was trying out Bing (The new Search site by MS) - to compare with Google. In order to test it out, I typed Nairaland (out of nothing to really 'Bing': http://www.bing.com/search?q=nairaland&go=&form=QBLH&qs=n. One of the things that came out is nairaland.+net. I guess the two do not really have anything together. I quickly scanned thru. I guess it was a immitation. To comfirm further, I typed my username and password. Of course, it said it was wrong. I guess this has to do with the popularity that nairaland.com possess.

The only thing I found annoying is the too similarity between the two byline. For .net it is:
Welcome to nairaland.+net for Nigerians and Friends of Nigeria
It is too similar.
Re: Nairaland.com And nairaland.+net. Any Connection? by dominique(f): 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2009
i think a disgruntled ex nairalander decided to go solo and create its own forum, but it diddnt quite meet up to expectation. the imitation was just too much been there myself, must have been about 2 or 3 years ago. . . and it was so dry and empty. most of the topics were started by and got zero replies (kindda pathetic). dont know about now though, maybe the membership has picked up what i know is that it can and will never be like nairaland.com. .  . the no.1 Nigerian forum.

(1) (Reply)

Which Kind Of Father & Son Are This: ? / Introduction To Kemet / Outsourcing Kenya Gunning For India's Crown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.