Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria (38553 Views)

How To Make Money From Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria / My terrible experience with skrill / 8 Mistakes I Made Starting Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria That You Should Avoid! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by ityP(m): 9:24pm On May 27, 2016
I have a friend who was a classmate of mine. We graduated same year 2011... Two years after graduating, he entered GLND... I entered school that year. Up till now, he is still trekking the streets of Jos while I'm in my final year studying Med Lab Sci.... All I see in his life is HOPE.... Seriously I pity him. I don't know any person who has joined this MLM something and prospered. Except those who started then when the business was well known... The talk of being ur own boss, I stand to argue. I don't see how persuading people to buy a particular product or to join a particular company is being your own boss.... And pls stop using bill gates as an example.... He was sweet mouthing someone's company or selling someone's product online.

Pls young ones, go and learn a trade and start small scale businesses.... That's how people like bill gates and dangote started... Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by dramaticspeak(m): 9:35pm On May 27, 2016
Download and read that free book. its interesting and not long at all. it would open your eyes to the fact that mlm is a legal scam. Daylight robbery.

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by aloeman15(m): 11:47pm On May 27, 2016
Will you go invest your money in a spaceship? Or in car manufacturing? How about a safe bet like the transportation business?
Here's the problem-
After your business plan and getting funds and meeting all the requirements for your new venture, you will fail. Why?
Because you didn't get the proper tutelage from the experienced industry players.
The horror stories of failed businesses are enough to give grown men nightmares.
See?
There's a very good reason why ibo traders undergo apprenticeship.
dramaticspeak:
Download and read that free book. its interesting and not long at all. it would open your eyes to the fact that mlm is a legal scam. Daylight robbery.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by realunclej(m): 9:50am On Jun 09, 2016
ityP:
I have a friend who was a classmate of mine. We graduated same year 2011... Two years after graduating, he entered GLND... I entered school that year. Up till now, he is still trekking the streets of Jos while I'm in my final year studying Med Lab Sci.... All I see in his life is HOPE.... Seriously I pity him. I don't know any person who has joined this MLM something and prospered. Except those who started then when the business was well known... The talk of being ur own boss, I stand to argue. I don't see how persuading people to buy a particular product or to join a particular company is being your own boss.... And pls stop using bill gates as an example.... He was sweet mouthing someone's company or selling someone's product online.

Pls young ones, go and learn a trade and start small scale businesses.... That's how people like bill gates and dangote started... Thank you
I quite disagree with you. I for one know that the industry works. And for a company to be around for more than 58 years mean they are doing the right thing. Your friend may have done the wrong thing and that does not mean the company does not work or that the industry is bad. However, I join the same GNLD on 31st of May 2016 and today 9th of June 2016, I am qualify as a senior manager and I will be collecting my 1st check today. Although the money is not that big but at least it means I am doing the right thing. Although I am gainfully employed as a web designer and digital marketer, I turn to GNLD as an investment opportunity should I retire from my business. besides, I know joining an international company will open some door of opportunity. Even now my business is beginning to benefit from the networking experience. You can check my signature to see that I am going to create a niche out of the business. My final word, if you want to succeed where others fail, do what they do in a different way.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
realunclej:
I quite disagree with you. I for one know that the industry works. And for a company to be around for more than 58 years mean they are doing the right thing. Your friend may have done the wrong thing and that does not mean the company does not work or that the industry is bad. However, I join the same GNLD on 31st of May 2016 and today 9th of June 2016, I am qualify as a senior manager and I will be collecting my 1st check today. Although the money is not that big but at least it means I am doing the right thing. Although I am gainfully employed as a web designer and digital marketer, I turn to GNLD as an investment opportunity should I retire from my business. besides, I know joining an international company will open some door of opportunity. Even now my business is beginning to benefit from the networking experience. You can check my signature to see that I am going to create a niche out of the business. My final word, if you want to succeed where others fail, do what they do in a different way.
No one is talking about TREASURE TREE.
http://yemisiimasi.com/treasure-tree/
It's like a conspiracy of silence. OMERTA
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by omariojake: 8:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
Why MLM?
Of course you already have your financial goal. You have a way to get there. But having another way or indeed multiple ways to get there cannot be a bad thing can it? Assuming things didn't work out with your way of choice, does it mean that you will have to settle for a mediocre lifestyle?

MLM experience without education, training and practice is usually rubbish. Imagine someone complaining about his driving experience without any education, training and practice. I mean the dude should be doing some thanksgiving in the church not complaining.

So MLM is not bad if the company behind it is genuine and you are a MLM litrate.
I likened MLM to the long ladder in a snake and ladder game. It is a financial leverage that can dramatically change your lifestyle all of a sudden. But first, you need your education which you can get for free @ www.omariojake..com

NOTICE!!!!!
I haven't tried to sell you any opportunity and I wouldn't even bother to. When you understand what MLM is, you will decide how you want to proceed.

So how about getting some information and training for free? Visit www.omariojake..com
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by OnomeMaureen: 8:22am On May 07, 2018
Latty88:

Yes, she is a big scammer! I attended one of seminars,infact what pained me was the time I wasted that day.

I don't get this.

How does attending my seminar make me a scam?
You either attended the seminar for free or paid.
The seminar held, you attended it.

You either chose not to proceed further with the topic shared or
you chose to. If you chose to, its either you succeeded or
didn't.

How then is this a scam?

This name calling without tangible proofs is defamation of character.

Please be mindful.

Onome Maureen

PS: Network marketing has been the bane of such problems.
From experience it is easier for an internet marketing professional
to recruit others into MLM than it is for newbies. And then such
people get disgruntled and feel they have been scammed.
Its either they didn't follow through with the steps taught
for success in recruiting or they did to some extend, got
little results and gave up. I have since distanced myself from
MLM because of this.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by OnomeMaureen: 12:15pm On May 07, 2018
Peacetemi:
Has anyone ever heard of Onome Maureen? She's a big scammer, someone warned not to do business with her but I never listened. I'm not pained by the money I lost tho, its just painful that she wasted my time. Please beware of that woman, Onome Maureen.

Did you pay for a service or product and it was not delivered?

Did you pay to attend a Network marketing business event and the seminar
did not hold?

If this was so, then I apologise profusely about this.
Please PM your email address and details of the payment so this is rectified.

If not, then this name calling is very wrong.

Did you attend a Network marketing business event organised
by us and found out it wasn't for you?

If not, then that's fine. All income opportunities are not for everyone.

But to say I'm a scam because of this is very wrong
and a defamation of character.

Please be very mindful of your words.

Thank you
Onome Maureen

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by MrLouisVanGaal1: 12:29pm On May 07, 2018
Stop wasting time wth mlm's ..They'll waste your time and you really do not attain the financial freedom they lie about.

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Viking007(m): 7:52am On May 08, 2018
OnomeMaureen:

[s]Did you pay for a service or product and it was not delivered?

Did you pay to attend a Network marketing business event and the seminar
did not hold?

If this was so, then I apologise profusely about this.
Please PM your email address and details of the payment so this is rectified.

If not, then this name calling is very wrong.

Did you attend a Network marketing business event organised
by us and found out it wasn't for you?[/s]

If not, then that's fine. All income opportunities are not for everyone.

[s]But to say I'm a scam because of this is very wrong
and a defamation of character.

Please be very mindful of your words.

Thank you
Onome Maureen[/s]

If not then it's NOT fine. You shouldn't obtain money under false pretence. That's a scam. You should offer to refund their money not telling them 'its fine'.

That's the issue I've always had with all these online fraudsters marketers, you always end your crappy e-book jargon with "money back guaranteed" but when sh!t hits the fan you start preaching.

Only a goat will fall for such nonsense scam in 2018 anyways, the last time I fell was in 2009, when you took my hard earned N5000.

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by OnomeMaureen: 12:45pm On May 09, 2018
Viking007:
If not then it's NOT fine. You shouldn't obtain money under false pretence. That's a scam. You should offer to refund their money not telling them 'its fine'.

That's the issue I've always had with all these online fraudsters marketers, you always end your crappy e-book jargon with "money back guaranteed" but when sh!t hits the fan you start preaching.

Only a goat will fall for such nonsense scam in 2018 anyways, the last time I fell was in 2009, when you took my hard earned N5000.

I agree with you on a refund if product advertised was not as said.
Although this was obviously a network marketing event as the title of this thread suggests.
We don't have any MLM ebook.

Like I earlier said "Network marketing has been the bane of such problems.
From experience it is easier for an internet marketing professional
to recruit others into MLM than it is for newbies. And then such
people get disgruntled and feel they have been scammed.
Its either they didn't follow through with the steps taught
for success in recruiting or they did to some extend, got
little results and gave up. I have since distanced myself from
MLM because of this."
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by imhere: 7:58pm On Oct 27, 2019
Please help me with Norland office address in Ondo State. Thanks
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by besun(f): 11:31pm On Jan 07, 2020
evolg:
My experience with them wasn't as crazy as urs tho. After my Nysc, i stayed back in Porthacourt really hoping to get a good job n settle down...so one of diz days of job-hunting...I stumbled on diz wall advert dt says "Can you work in NNPC? Call 080******* #200,000 per month" Trust me, I was a bit skeptical abt it bt a part of me cudnt jst ignore d 6 digits figure n considering d fact dt i was new to d job hunting market...I immediately cald d number, it was a guy, he told me to send my name,e-mail and location to his phone right away...again i felt a little uneasy abt d fact dt i av to send my house address to som1 i dnt even knw...den a part of me reminded me if truly i needed dt "oyel money". So i sent d details to him...#2 weeks after# I was invited for an interview with "NNPC" at a stipulated address. I immediately took my white shirt and black trousers to d drycleaner, Ironed and well starched. On d day of interview, got up as early as 5am in order to beat traffic, tuk ma bath...by 6:10am i was out of d house so i can get to d venue b4 9am which ws wen d interview will commence. Traffic dt day ws crazy, i felt lyk i cud use dt my "GTA cheat-Rocketman" to get to d interview venue as fast as possible. To cut d long story short, i got to d stipulated address, i saw old men, old women, young men who were on suit n tie jst lyk me, it ws a mixed multitude. I cudnt rightly place wot it lukd lyk, a church crusade? Agbero meeting? Community elders' council? I was confused den i quickly walked towards one of d guys on suit n asked him if he was also here for d NNPC interview, he sed no o. His was GTB. i was shocked to my bones. At dt time, i knew somtin ws wrong...I told d guy, i was leaving, e persuaded me to wait so we can see wot diz ppl were up to...dt ws d annoying part; succumbing to his persuasion. To cut d long story short, it ws after 5hours of dia fruitless rant dt i realised i've been tricked to come for a GNLD seminar. I just "jejely" carried myself and somnolently went back to my house embittered.

I don laugh so teee I wake the person sleeping by my side! Chai!

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by besun(f): 11:49pm On Jan 07, 2020
mashnino:
well i can't really say,

The one i am into doesn't make you market anything..

just network of people... well i have eaten 27.5k since i joined last month..

so i guess not all of them are scam..

last time i tested this thing was with TIANSHI.. oh those guys were good with the way scammed Nigerians...

well, i am gonna see this one through.. i pray it works out well.. and pls can anybody say anything about GLC..

Which one is GLC, give the full name pls
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by JamesBond008(m): 5:50pm On May 16, 2020
UuzbaGuuzba:
Network Marketing is a mathematical algorithm.
Yes, it is true that if A sells to B and B to C, at the end of a set period of exchanges, 1 person at the top will become rich. YES.

But the other truth is that Mathematics is Brutally Robotic and HUMAN BEINGS ARE NOT ROBOTIC.

People will NEVER AUTOMATICALLY be convinced to work along the scheme.

You have to be a Devil himself, to Enslave chain and bondage people to AGREE BY FORCE to work along to work in the scheme. You have taken away peoples freedom and right to life.

The third truth, you need to look at yourself. Who are you? What are you? Why were you made?

If you believe in God, and in salvation from Jesus Christ, you can see that Salvation is Free. Jesus Christ never flogged his apostles or the Jews for not believing in him. You are FREE to decide. Salvation in God is freedom.

For those who do not know their self worth, they will gladly surrender their freedom to decisions by somebody else. this is called slavery and Bondage. it has no love. This is what goes on in hell. People their have surrendered their entire freedom with God to be taken away by the Devil for all eternity.

------
Use your sense that remains.

Why should you use up ALL your resources and effort to market some stranger's product?
Why can you use all your energy and resources to market the products of YOUR OWN FAMILY YOU LOVE?

Market your mother's. soup, your cousin's shoes, Your uncle's business, your Aunty's Garri. LET YOUR OWN FAMILY GAIN BUSINESS AND CUSTOMERS...

You will be MORE HELPFUL AND show PRACTICAL LOVE for your own family before man and God.

-----

Network marketing holds you on your own balls - if you are a self loving greedy evil doer. It works mathematically WITHOUT LOVE.
And you will surely continue breaking the 2nd Commandment of God - BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT LOVING YOUR NEIGHBOUR - Your own family, instead you are preyentind to help a stranger AT THE EXPENSE OF YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY SAVINGS. And you are marketing a product that NOBODY NEEDS!

Oga....You're a very intelligent Person. Very Very Intelligent. God bless you Sir. I wished I could be this explicit & ingenious in analysing a topic.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by TheManofTomorrow(m): 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2021
Tocheagle:
PEOPLE FAIL AT MLM BECAUSE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND IT AND THEY THINK ITS A GET RICH QUICK PROGRAM . The Op is definately someone who lost and like the devil is looking for people to fall with him . I currently earn 6 figures monthly and I am a proof that mlm Is real . Lots of Nigerians who are making it are not here on Nairaland crying . B4 you condemn something try and understand it . Its just like saying football is a useless game because Nigeria did not qualify for afcon despite her efforts . Jeez , why Is this forum populated by loosers .

Hello brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Customers, Bank Staff Fight Over BVN Registration / Abuja Residents Auction Exotic Cars To Raise Cash / Kuda Bank Lost ₦6 Billion In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.