Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. (4162 Views)

Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) / TOI 700 D: Earth-sized Planet Found Relatively Nearby / 10 Biggest Threats That Could Wipe Out Life On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Explorers(m): 10:03am On Dec 22, 2016
Atmospheric escape is the process by which gases leave a planet's atmosphere.

Every minute, 400 pounds (181kg) of hydrogen and almost 7 pounds (3kg) of helium escapes from Earth's atmosphere into outer space.

It is this process, known as atmospheric escape, that could one day lead to the death of life on our planet, according to one expert.

An astrophysicist has said the escaping gases could, turn our planet into a dry, desolate world like Mars.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Goldenheart(m): 10:06am On Dec 22, 2016
undecided
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by zarakay(f): 10:30am On Dec 22, 2016
hmmm
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by timay(m): 10:39am On Dec 22, 2016
oya bike drop me for here
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Aremu01(m): 11:53am On Dec 22, 2016
Spreads mat
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Kyllahmc(m): 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
I dont normally read Explorers thread heading before setting my tent... I Just walk right in and set my tent.. cos i know if its Explorers then it Must surely worth it.. HALA EXPLORERS cool

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Twizzy30(m): 12:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
Maybe after 2billion years

1 Like

Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Explorers(m): 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
Twizzy30:
Maybe after 2billion years

About a billion years.
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Davidhero(m): 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
Explorers:

About a billion years.

Sir, by that time shouldn't there be a defense mechanism for this?
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Twizzy30(m): 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
Explorers:

About a billion years.
that's still far. Someone would ve died and come back to earth many times.
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by officialteemi(m): 2:19pm On Dec 22, 2016
lemme park here
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by shurlar50(m): 3:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
APOCALYPSE
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by ichommy(m): 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
Following..............
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Masculity(m): 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2016
Welcome Sir.
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by enoqueen: 6:45pm On Dec 22, 2016
Really

Wetin go come happen to human being.
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Explorers(m): 7:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
enoqueen:
Really

Wetin go come happen to human being.

Na die na.
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by DEIFIED(m): 8:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
Thats why i love watching futuristic movies. Movies like the 100. Although the authority are always against such movies, but i believe some of their predictions about earth are actually correct.
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Peacetemi: 8:38pm On Dec 25, 2016
Explorers:

Na die na.

grin grin grin grin
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Fash20: 10:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
What about magnetic decay. The earth magnetic field is the reason why you and I are alive today.

solar winds is a streams of electrically charged particles that flow from the sun

This magnetic field Shields us from this deadly solar wind .Now the problem is, this magnetic field is decaying and it will reach a certain stage where it will no longer be able to shield the planet from the deadly radiation from the sun. When this happens the atmosphere and the ocean and life boils away making earth a dry rocky planet just like planet Mars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by tobiboss(m): 11:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
Twizzy30:
that's still far. Someone would ve died and come back to earth many times.
Do you believe in reincarnation?
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 26, 2016
Magneto the most powerful mutant
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by younggenius1(m): 9:00am On Dec 30, 2016
Blackbolt:
Magneto the most powerful mutant
thats X-men dude
gringrin
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Blakjewelry(m): 5:15pm On Dec 31, 2016
I don't think atmospheric escape is any threat to earth's immediate future since the the some total of the earth atmospheric gasses are not constant and replace from other process
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Blakjewelry(m): 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2016
Fash20:
What about magnetic decay. The earth magnetic field is the reason why you and I are alive today.

solar winds is a streams of electrically charged particles that flow from the sun

This magnetic field Shields us from this deadly solar wind .Now the problem is, this magnetic field is decaying and it will reach a certain stage where it will no longer be able to shield the planet from the deadly radiation from the sun. When this happens the atmosphere and the ocean and life boils away making earth a dry rocky planet just like planet Mars.
Earth magnetism is still healthy only what we might experience anytime soon is pole reversal
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Fash20: 6:15pm On Dec 31, 2016
Blakjewelry:

Earth magnetism is still healthy only what we might experience anytime soon is pole reversal
I didn't say it's not healthy... I said it's decaying
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Blakjewelry(m): 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2016
Fash20:
I didn't say it's not healthy... I said it's decaying
It is because its approaching reversal
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Exjoker(m): 1:20am On Jan 01, 2017
undecided
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Fembleez1(m): 12:34am On Jan 04, 2017
All this science people just be saying things that I'm not understanding. Whether it be or not, nothing will happen to earth till the messiah comes. Be it the WWIII or anything. grin
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Realist1(m): 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
Blakjewelry:

That pole reversal scares me a lot ,scientist said it happens 780, 000 years ago. I still need to read about it. What I understand is that rotation of the core of the Earth is what brings about Earth's magnetic poles.So after thousands of years the rotation of the core of the earth slows down before it picks up again.At that time the earth magnetism is lost. So we will be exposed to the solar storm/rays for about 200yrs.They said the Earth magnetic field is already weakening.

http://yournewswire.com/new-shocking-evidence-points-to-pole-shift/

www.express.co.uk/news/science/617587/Defenceless-Earth-200-YEARS-solar-radiation-blasts-magnetic-poles-shift
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Blakjewelry(m): 7:56am On Jan 05, 2017
Realist1:

That pole reversal scares me a lot ,scientist said it happens 780, 000 years ago. I still need to read about it. What I understand is that rotation of the core of the Earth is what brings about Earth's magnetic poles.So after thousands of years the rotation of the core of the earth slows down before it picks up again.At that time the earth magnetism is lost. So we will be exposed to the solar storm/rays for about 200yrs.They said the Earth magnetic field is already weakening.

http://yournewswire.com/new-shocking-evidence-points-to-pole-shift/

www.express.co.uk/news/science/617587/Defenceless-Earth-200-YEARS-solar-radiation-blasts-magnetic-poles-shift
It is not going to shutdown entirely but it will be at it minimum in some places it will be just pockets of magnetic Flux. But to me every time earth goes through a dangerous stage, I think nature is just trying to upgrade
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by HolyHero: 9:45am On Jan 05, 2017
wharever
Re: This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
Blakjewelry:

It is not going to shutdown entirely but it will be at it minimum in some places it will be just pockets of magnetic Flux. But to me every time earth goes through a dangerous stage, I think nature is just trying to upgrade
Nature has this great self sustaining system. Imagine how powerful the solar wind is, and nature creating magnetic field shield! Darwinism is just little of what we can know about the creation yet.
I just still hold that a Supreme nature just allow this in it self.

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 china b2b Marketplaces Recommended By Google / How To Recover Your Lost 2go Password For Free / The Fermi Paradox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.