Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos (15218 Views)

PHOTOS: Amina Mohammed Visits Niger Delta Creeks On New Year Day / Amina Mohammed Visits Giniwa Of Ogoniland / Lai Mohammed Visits IDP Camp, Sees Horrific Conditions People Stay In (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 10:21pm On Mar 14, 2016
GenBuhari:
Did any PDP minister ever visit oil spills in their 16 years in office ?

I don't believe that ever occurred.

May the gods give her all that she needs to do the clean up, it is an enormous task to tackle.
Must you use Mbuhari handle to spew trash
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by greatiyk4u(m): 10:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
Cyojunior:
The fact of the matter is that nothing ever worked since Buhari has taken the reins of power. Nigeria is in comatose. Hunger is all over the land. Food is getting costlier. Petrol is getting scarce. Schools are dysfunctional. Hospitals are slaughter slabs. People are dying. Investors have fled the country. The Naira is in free fall. Kidnapping is on the rise. Boko Haram is still a threat. Buhari is denying all the promises he made during his campaign. Corrupt elements filled the crannies of his government. Under his nose, the 2016 budget was corruptly padded.

And this whole trash came out from a mature man's brain?

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by AbuMaryam1(m): 10:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
Fulani again??
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 14, 2016
@ ChoCandyDiamond,
I cannot see the logic in this your comment undecided
ChoCandyDiamond:

Must you use Mbuhari handle to spew trash

GenBuhari:
Did any PDP minister ever visit oil spills in their 16 years in office ?
I don't believe that ever occurred.
May the gods give her all that she needs to do the clean up, it is an enormous task to tackle.
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by Tellemall: 10:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
Since she became the minister of environment, is this the first time she's realizing there have been oil spills she needed to see to? Almost a year later. What else has she been doing all this time? The country is still filthy and dirty and full of oil spills, gas leaks and a dump site for industrial waste.

Younger ministers who aren't scared to get black marks on their skin when they step out of their offices are needed. Frankly, this is the first time I'm hearing that Nigeria has a minister of Environment.

Do Nigerian women ever perform/do anything right? Excluding NOI.
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by Petjoel: 10:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
Carry on,u are good to go
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by rusher14: 12:47am On Mar 15, 2016
Tellemall:
Since she became the minister of environment, is this the first time she's realizing there have been oil spills she needed to see to? Almost a year later. What else has she been doing all this time? The country is still filthy and dirty and full of oil spills, gas leaks and a dump site for industrial waste.

Younger ministers who aren't scared to get black marks on their skin when they step out of their offices are needed. Frankly, this is the first time I'm hearing that Nigeria has a minister of Environment.

Do Nigerian women ever perform/do anything right? Excluding NOI.

Ministers were sworn in 4 months ago.

Check your calendar.
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by leofab(f): 12:55am On Mar 15, 2016
Courtesy of Rivers State Elections!!! mad government..
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by uchechukwu007(m): 3:26am On Mar 15, 2016
It's never a solution to just keep visiting contaminated site, and not really doing anything about it. First, what penalty has been passed on to the offenders of this spill. Does incentives for such environment crime exist? And if they do, are they really carried out. The oil companies and the Government should recognize the crime be done to the common man in such communities. It time we stop this altitude of eye service and gimmicks been played at the expense of the common man. All life's are important, let's live a sustainable life, so much happening globally and locally to the environment; so many ignorant. Be environmentally aware, visit. http://uchepost..com.ng Be environmentally aware.
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by BeauHomme: 5:57am On Mar 15, 2016
Federal officials just forming busy in PH this election week. Everyone's looking for an "official" reason to be in River state this weekend. Amaechi is inspecting PH airport, minister of environment inspecting oil spill...all in one week. Who else is coming in please?

I had stated on a previous thread that Abuja is being shut down for the Rivers election. They should as well move Aso rock to PH this week

NB: in as much as these visits should ordinarily be applauded, the timing makes their TRUE INTENTIONS obvious
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by dvee2: 7:21am On Mar 15, 2016
Cyojunior:
The fact of the matter is that
nothing ever worked since Buhari has taken the reins of
power. Nigeria is in comatose. Hunger is all over the
land. Food is getting costlier. Petrol is getting scarce.
Schools are dysfunctional. Hospitals are slaughter slabs.
People are dying. Investors have fled the country. The
Naira is in free fall. Kidnapping is on the rise. Boko
Haram is still a threat. Buhari is denying all the
promises he made during his campaign. Corrupt
elements filled the crannies of his government. Under
his nose, the 2016 budget was corruptly padded.

Wailler Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by donmatin(m): 8:09am On Mar 15, 2016
djblue007:
Nice move but necessary actions should be effected as quickly as possible as to contain the contaminant.
As an EHO in training I'm suggesting bioremediation catalysed by sulphate or nitrate fertilizers.
you didn't put into consideration rivers and streams around,eutrophication...processed water Hyacinth will do a better job.
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by djblue007(m): 8:23am On Mar 15, 2016
donmatin:
you didn't put into consideration rivers and streams around,eutrophication...processed water Hyacinth will do a better job.
Why not?
Bioremediation will simply make use of either naturally occurring or deliberately introduced microbes to eat up the oil in the polluted water or land without causing any deleterous effect. The nitrate or sulphate salts will only cause the bacteria to multiply about 5x their original pop. density.
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by donmatin(m): 8:33am On Mar 15, 2016
djblue007:
Why not?
Bioremediation will simply make use of either naturally occurring or deliberately introduced microbes to eat up the oil in the polluted water or land without causing any deleterous effect. The nitrate or sulphate salts will only cause the bacteria to multiply about 5x their original pop. density.
i did my final project On crude oil spill remediation using npk and water Hyacinth,comparative study.so when I say npk isn't the best option 4 polluted lands around coastal areas,i knw what I am talking about.read up eutrophication and bod caused by run off water from npk remediated sites.npk is faster bt nt environmentally friendly.
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by Tellemall: 8:40am On Mar 15, 2016
rusher14:

Ministers were sworn in 4 months ago.

Check your calendar.

Your point? Are you highlighting the fact that the president couldn't set up a cabinet in time, or that she took four months to start working?
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by smoothlips(m): 9:22am On Mar 15, 2016
Cyojunior:
The fact of the matter is that
nothing ever worked since Buhari has taken the reins of
power. Nigeria is in comatose. Hunger is all over the
land. Food is getting costlier. Petrol is getting scarce.
Schools are dysfunctional. Hospitals are slaughter slabs.
People are dying. Investors have fled the country. The
Naira is in free fall. Kidnapping is on the rise. Boko
Haram is still a threat. Buhari is denying all the
promises he made during his campaign. Corrupt
elements filled the crannies of his government. Under
his nose, the 2016 budget was corruptly padded.
hahahahaha!!! your own Nigeria dey different small oooo...migrate to Chad
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by djblue007(m): 10:20am On Mar 15, 2016
donmatin:
i did my final project On crude oil spill remediation using npk and water Hyacinth,comparative study.so when I say npk isn't the best option 4 polluted lands around coastal areas,i knw what I am talking about.read up eutrophication and bod caused by run off water from npk remediated sites.npk is faster bt nt environmentally friendly.
Anyway that might be a better option but we can't rule out the use of npk as well.
Mind u, it was only my suggestion.
The ogas at the top might have better and more efficient options.
Thanks!
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by bluesaint(m): 10:34am On Mar 15, 2016
These people are a bunch of wicked ignoramus. Set up deterrent laws and empower NOSDRA to enforce these laws to the letter. If SPDC for example knows that they will loose over 20% of their annual profit due to a medium level spill, they will do everything possible to take care of their pipelines. But alas! "every spill is caused by "sabotage".
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by naijanaso: 10:36am On Mar 15, 2016
BIG BIG TALK, BOBO JUICE! SO WHY IS IT NOT IN THE BUDGET? THEY DID NOT PUT THE CLEANING UP OF OGONI LAND IN THE BUDGET AS ADVICED BY THE UNEP REPORT. ALL THESE NOW BECAUSE THERE IS A RERUN ELECTION COMING UP IN THE AREA, THEY WANT OGONI PEOPLE TO THINK THEY HAVE THEM IN MIND? LMAO grin grin grin APC AND THEIR DECEITFUL AND HYPOCRITICAL STYLE OF POLITICKING SEF...
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by donmatin(m): 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
djblue007:
Anyway that might be a better option but we can't rule out the use of npk as well.
Mind u, it was only my suggestion.
The ogas at the top might have better and more efficient options.
Thanks!
i hope we can work 2geda On the upcoming project.thanks for your time.
Re: Amina Mohammed Visits Oil Spill Site In Rivers - Photos by djblue007(m): 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2016
donmatin:
i hope we can work 2geda On the upcoming project.thanks for your time.
That will be great, bro!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Air Force Airstrike Destroys New Boko Haram Camp (video) / Rivers Re-run: APC Rejects INEC Declaration Of PDP As Winner / 2019: How We Will Pick Presidential Candidate — Northern Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.