Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:53 PM

Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria (4563 Views)

Vladimir Putin Sworn In For 4th Term, Rides In New Russian-Made Limo / ‘Pinch Me!’ - Vladimir Putin To Nigerian Student Who Was Bemused / Putin Orders Russian Forces To Pullout Of Syria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by Appleyard(m): 9:08am On Mar 16, 2016
NairaMinted:

Appleyard,

I wanted to reply much earlier but this darn SPAMbot banned me.
As always, well said. At this rate I just might recommend you to my superiors for a position with the Russian Foreign Ministry!

Meanwhile Andre Fomine explains what Putin meant by "objectives achieved" in Syria after 5 and a half months:

"9K flights, thousands of targets hit. 400 towns and over 10,000 square kilometres of territory liberated by the #SAA. Latakia completely freed, communications with Aleppo restored. Palmyra under siege, control over its oil and gas fields reestablished, most of the provinces of Hama and Homs cleared, Kweires airbase unblocked. Intra-Syrian talks in Geneva launched. Casualties: 3."

Now compare it with the Coalition of the Dodgy Opportunists (CDO). tongue
Thanks Soulja! Of course, objectives, not just achieved, but overwhelmingly achieved. Something that the coalition of sin could not do for years, a tiny deployed Russian military asset did just within six months. Andre fomine was right, but what he didn't comprehend about Putin's statement on ''objectives achieved'' was that, as long as Russia exist on the world map, no PIPELINE would cross from the Middle East, and pass through Syria into the main heart of Europe, seeking to undermine Russia's economic leverage. This is the underlying meaning to what Putin meant by ''objectives achieved.'' It was a paradoxical statement enveloped in euphemism. The summation of the matter is that, no western designs that seeks to undermine Moscow's economic viability would be allowed in Syria, even if Assad is not there. That is what the intervention entails. Ukraine and Syria are Russia's RedLines no man must cross. The Russians have again made that clear. Cross them, and there would always be a sad song!

5 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 16, 2016
ValerianSteel:
At least foolish people deserve insults for their foolishness,perhaps they will desist from foolishness and be wise.

This is however a contrast to people without brains like you,people without brains are pitied upon and checked into psyche wards undecided

Fuckt.ard. measuring a psychiatric patient IQ with your dead brain will be an insult to mad people. I only blame the internet for giving idi.ots like you and vedaxcool the opportunity to come and rant online.

Goatie.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 16, 2016
Appleyard:
Thanks Soulja! Of course, objectives, not just achieved, but overwhelmingly achieved. Something that the coalition of sin could not do for years, a tiny deployed Russian military asset did just within six months. Andre fomine was right, but what he didn't comprehend about Putin's statement on ''objectives achieved'' was that, as long as Russia exist on the world map, no PIPELINE would cross from the Middle East, and pass through Syria into the main heart of Europe, seeking to undermine Russia's economic leverage. This is the underlying meaning to what Putin meant by ''objectives achieved.'' It was a paradoxical statement enveloped in euphemism. The summation of the matter is that, no western designs that seeks to undermine Moscow's economic viability would be allowed in Syria, even if Assad is not there. That is what the intervention entails. Ukraine and Syria are Russia's RedLines no man must cross. The Russians have again made that clear. Cross them, and there would always be a sad song!

My man finish them with hard core facts.

The trio of gay vedaxcool, transgendered missy89 and lunatic valeriansteel need to see this, maybe their dead brain cells will be jolted back to life.

2 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by Appleyard(m): 11:19am On Mar 16, 2016
scully95:

Just the perfect timing to exist syria officially and to set a good example for peace to rain again after five years. If i was a terrorist like Missy89 and the rest, I would even be tired of destroying syria after 5 years and this happened. But I assume the likes of these terrorists are pure fantics. Those that will kill just to fck 77 virgins in heaven by the Zionist-wahhabi-alliance sponsored brainwash, demonization of Islam.

Again a stand-up ovation for putin. man of his words. He said it right from the begining that the russian military entering syria is for a short time.

now this is putin saying a and doing a..

Other than that, now left for Saudi crooks and turkey (anglozionist Empire) to play their cards of taking over the north of syria..
Which I think Russia will intervain again but this time at the right time again when that happens.

Remember in the recent past that Russia threatened to use Nukes to detter the invasion of Turkey and Saudi..

That is not a threat.. Russia already has the card to play.

So, i smell nothing other than this move will make the Neocons think, Oh Russians have run and now we can continue our Assad must go campaign..

Even though they know that won't happen except again if the Syrians elect someone else.. There was an election last time and Assad won..
I'm very sure, if Assad contest again he will win.

Russia studies everything with aim and Objectives. The aim so far now is to make Syria a unified s. state which I am sure Russia will do everything possible to keep syria one. Remember, there is no regime change therefore Syria can still be one..

Now, it's glaring that the uniting force in Syria is Russia and it has created the atmpshere for the forces to unit and fight the outlawed zionist terrorists.

Again, very thoughtful and optimistic analysis. You see, the problem with most of our brethren at the other end of the divide is that, when they see A, they would call it Aa, instead of A. Most of them (except a few) love to live in self denial, being hateful of Russia, and as a result, they find themselves swimming with the devil in an avalanche of lies and delusion. If not, how on earth could someone possibly be applauding and supporting a country like the US known for sponsoring IS, Al Qaeda, etc? A country with the world largest conventional capabilities, who claim to be fighting IS, suddenly ''ran out of ammos'' and so could not take out IS oil convoy? And some people could still fall for such deception. I pray that someday, God will open the eyes of their understanding to see things as they are.

On the possibility of Turkey and Satan Arabia taken advantage of the Russian withdrawal to invade Syria, i think their militaries would not be that daft to undertake such pact. The reasons are not far fetched. The Russian withdrawal have set the stage for a favourable and enduring resolution of the crisis, for which Europe would be the greatest benefactor, as it would ease the migrant pressure on the European mainland and bring a sigh of relief to the various governments across the EU zone. Therefore, any foolish moves on the part of Turkey and Satan Arabia, that further escalate the crisis, would definitely trigger outrage from Europe, most of whose leaders are already publicly angry with Erdogan's take over of a major newspaper, and increasing totalitarianism. And should this happen, any action that would thereafter be taken by Russia, would be passively supported by some notable European powers like France and Germany, then Greece, who have not hidden their dislike for Turkey under sultan Erdogan.
Again, invading Syria would no longer be that easy. The Syrian army have now recieved alot of armament from both Russia and Iran, making the SAA plus Hezbolla and Iranian troops on the ground, more capable and dangerous than ever. There are rumours that the Russians are leaving behind some sets of the upgraded S-300Vs and other such armaments. And so, if Turkish birds (after the long self incaceration following the SU-24 brouhaha) are tempted to resume flights, then starts falling from the skies, i won't be surprise. Alot has change within six months. Plus the fact that such invasion would trigger sharp responses from the west itself, and untold retaliations from the Kremlin and Tehran. Believe me, it would be game over for them if they toe that pact now.
Secondary, the Russians must have considered and anticipated this possibility, and they know how Europe would react to such an outcome: and this would further lend credence to whatever actions they may have up their sleeves. That should explain why they are significantly moving equipments into Armenia, while at the same time, they have redirected many of their satellites in orbit over the Syria airspace to cover all of Syria.
It seems like a trap has been laid and the Bear is waiting to pounce.

Now, you can understand why i said i smell something.

2 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by Appleyard(m): 1:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Appleyard c'mon man be soft on the lies goddammit.I know you guys love to manipulate the truth but dude stop the blatant lie.

You claim the Geneva talks is virtually based on Russia term shocked shocked

Why would a round table be to the favor of one party or is it only Russia that would be at the Geneva talks?

Take it easy with lies please.Just like Nigeria,Russia has technically defeated ISIS undecided
The earlier you and your Langley mother, Missy89 cheesy, stop being like Obasanjo (who love to hear the sound of his own voice than logical reasoning,) the better you will become, signore. No offence meant, pls!

Now, initially, when the Syrian crisis started, who was all over the place calling for a political solution to the crisis? Let me help you. It was Russia. But as usual, the United States of Abomination, Abomicity and Abomilocal government and it's western cronies didn't give a dime to what Russia was saying. They were hell bent on toppling Assad, and Russia can go to hell with it's interest. But when the Red Army, led by the archangel Putin, who stand before the right hand of Jah, "entered the dragon'' in Syria, with the wrath and fierceness of heaven, bombing CIA control rooms and their pet projects like the IS, Al Nustra front, so-called ''moderate rebels'' and many more of those sons of Cain begotten by the seed of the serpent; they suddenly and painfully realized that they weren't acting ''hollywitch movie.'' Since then, who started calling for peace? Again, i will help you. None other but the United States led west. The shameless demagogues were shocked to their bones as they could only watch on from the by-lines as the angry Bear smashes their entire investments to pieces, outflanked them and completely destroy all their diabolic designs towards Syria, and Russia in the actual sense. Since they have nothing else to do to deter the Kremlin, after the SU-24 scheme failed, they shamelessly and practically pleaded with Moscow to come to the negotiating table. I have lost count of how many trips and phone calls Kerry made to and fro the Moscow route like Satan looking for Job, just to convince Russia to come to the negotiating table. Now, ask yourself and be truthful: who will be negotiating from a position of strenght? Who will be setting the conditions under the rules of negotiations for peace to reign? Assad or the terrorists? If Assad, then who create the enabling environment and the resultant framework that has necessitated this ungoing negotiations? Was it the Russian intervention or the successes of the terrorists? If it's what am thinking, then, who is now the main driving force and the major determinant that should influence whatever decisions to be taking and conclusions reach in Geneva? The terrorists or Assad/Russia? I leave all these questions for you and to all unbias minds and apostles of truths like SirShymmex, Underground, Nairaminted, Zoharariel, Scully95, Cyrus000, bonechamberlain, and others to answer.

Even western ''ministries of truth'' like the NYT and others, have said the same thing. My brother, this is reality, not propaganda.

On Nigeria and Boko Haram, Russia and IS, you made sense, in the sense that, ''technical defeat'' is defeat in the actual sense of the word. When you see orgnizations like boko Haram and IS in Iraq and Syria resulting to suicide bombings like in Homs and Bagdad, as the primary means of attack and measurement of success, instead of the previous capturing and controlling of many territories; then know that they have taken serious beaten, and the use of suicide missions is a testament to their almost zero or increasing inabilily to capture and own territories like before. This is what is happening now in Nigeria, as Boko Haram can no longer boast of any territory in the north under their control like the previous time when they control over nine local governments. All they could do now is ''hit and run'', or plain suicide mission. Therefore, one can say, they have be ''technically defeated.'' But it will interest you to know that the US recently claim that Boko Haram are still holding lots of Local governments in Nigeria. But last i checked, even schools have resumed in previously occupied territories deep in the north. So whats the US driving at? Why are they still insisting on sending troops even when we have refused? To resurrect and continue their pet project, i guess!
On IS, though they continue to hold places in Syria and Iraq, there is no denying the fact that they have been hit hard by the tiny Russian intervention in Syria, and as well as the reselient push from the Iraqi army.

These are not lies but facts!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by bonechamberlain(m): 2:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
Appleyard:
The earlier you and your Langley mother, Missy89 cheesy, stop being like Obasanjo (who love to hear the sound of his own voice than logical reasoning,) the better you will become, signore. No offence meant, pls!

Now, initially, when the Syrian crisis started, who was all over the place calling for a political solution to the crisis? Let me help you. It was Russia. But as usual, the United States of Abomination, Abomicity and Abomilocal government and it's western cronies didn't give a dime to what Russia was saying. They were hell bent on toppling Assad, and Russia can go to hell with it's interest. But when the Red Army, led by the archangel Putin, who stand before the right hand of Jah, "entered the dragon'' in Syria, with the wrath and fierceness of heaven, bombing CIA control rooms and their pet projects like the IS, Al Nustra front, so-called ''moderate rebels'' and many more of those sons of Cain begotten by the seed of the serpent; they suddenly and painfully realized that they weren't acting ''hollywitch movie.'' Since then, who started calling for peace? Again, i will help you. None other but the United States led west. The shameless demagogues were shocked to their bones as they could only watch on from the by-lines as the angry Bear smashes their entire investments to pieces, outflanked them and completely destroy all their diabolic designs towards Syria, and Russia in the actual sense. Since they have nothing else to do to deter the Kremlin, after the SU-24 scheme failed, they shamelessly and practically pleaded with Moscow to come to the negotiating table. I have lost count of how many trips and phone calls Kerry made to and fro the Moscow route like Satan looking for Job, just to convince Russia to come to the negotiating table. Now, ask yourself and be truthful: who will be negotiating from a position of strenght? Who will be setting the conditions under the rules of negotiations for peace to reign? Assad or the terrorists? If Assad, then who create the enabling environment and the resultant framework that has necessitated this ungoing negotiations? Was it the Russian intervention or the successes of the terrorists? If it's what am thinking, then, who is now the main driving force and the major determinant that should influence whatever decisions to be taking and conclusions reach in Geneva? The terrorists or Assad/Russia? I leave all these questions for you and to all unbias minds and apostles of truths like SirShymmex, Underground, Nairaminted, Zoharariel, Scully95, Cyrus000, bonechamberlain, and others to answer.

Even western ''ministries of truth'' like the NYT and others, have said the same thing. My brother, this is reality, not propaganda.

On Nigeria and Boko Haram, Russia and IS, you made sense, in the sense that, ''technical defeat'' is defeat in the actual sense of the word. When you see orgnizations like boko Haram and IS in Iraq and Syria resulting to suicide bombings like in Homs and Bagdad, as the primary means of attack and measurement of success, instead of the previous capturing and controlling of many territories; then know that they have taken serious beaten, and the use of suicide missions is a testament to their almost zero or increasing inabilily to capture and own territories like before. This is what is happening now in Nigeria, as Boko Haram can no longer boast of any territory in the north under their control like the previous time when they control over nine local governments. All they could do now is ''hit and run'', or plain suicide mission. Therefore, one can say, they have be ''technically defeated.'' But it will interest you to know that the US recently claim that Boko Haram are still holding lots of Local governments in Nigeria. But last i checked, even schools have resumed in previously occupied territories deep in the north. So whats the US driving at? Why are they still insisting on sending troops even when we have refused? To resurrect and continue their pet project, i guess!
On IS, though they continue to hold places in Syria and Iraq, there is no denying the fact that they have been hit hard by the tiny Russian intervention in Syria, and as well as the reselient push from the Iraqi army.

u have said it all, the u.s has no option than to accept whatever the Syrians want thanks to the angel of reason "Putin". the Syrian representative in the negotiation has already stated clearly any discussion involving the removal of Assad during negotiations is a red line that must not be crossed. they are becoming bolder by the day.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
Appleyard:

The earlier you and your Langley mother, Missy89 cheesy,
Hhaaaaaaaa! Delicious! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by Appleyard(m): 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2016
Tkester2:

Monkey, and how to know you have your dick right inside vedaxcool ass...

* Refuse to accept that Russia won the war of geopolitics in Syria, and when you are confronted with hard facts, shout PROPAGANDA!

* Blame Russia for the human casualties in Syria, and exculpate the FSA backed by the CIA from all murderous atrocities committed in Syria.

* Believe that Russia's military hardware's are cold war relics, and that the Russian military can hardly quell a street fight, and when Russia fires 26 cruise missiles refuse to accept their technological prowess, instead console yourself with the lies that they fell inside kunduz hospital.

* Be chamelonic in nature... believe initially that Russia cannot save Assad from the FSA, but when Russia does (prove it strength), turn the narrative to mean that Russia's economy is tanking.

* Go by the nairaland monicker of missy89 or vedaxool.

Idiocy is a gift to some people.
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by Appleyard(m): 7:41pm On Mar 16, 2016
Tkester2:

My man finish them with hard core facts.

The trio of gay vedaxcool, transgendered missy89 and lunatic valeriansteel need to see this, maybe their dead brain cells will be jolted back to life.

Dear brother, there is always a way that seemed right unto a man, but the end thereof is destruction... So, shield your sword Souljah and Let sleeping dogs lie... Only time and events hereafter will prove all of us right or wrong! So chill, Soulja!
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by Appleyard(m): 7:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
bonechamberlain:

u have said it all, the u.s has no option than to accept whatever the Syrians want thanks to the angel of reason "Putin". the Syrian representative in the negotiation has already stated clearly any discussion involving the removal of Assad during negotiations is a red line that must be crossed. they are becoming bolder by the day.
Exactly my point. Assad already negotiating from a position of strenght. I wonder why some of us just can't call things the way they are.

2 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by Embosman: 7:44am On Mar 17, 2016
Missy89:
How to know you have your head far up putin's asz

* refuse to acknowledge Russia reason for Intervention was to protect Assad initially and accept his narrative of going to fight ISIS

* Dismiss any claim Russia was not bombing ISIS enough as propaganda

* Turn around and celebrate Russia's withdrawal as a successes for stabilising assad ( a theory you dismissed earlier) without the total defeat of ISIS

Crankery is a disease

Lol... The way to protect Assad is by destroying his enemies i.e. the hegemon proxy fighters.
Lmao he didn't destroy Isis enough...mehn where have you been? Okay what has your all mighty hegemon achieved bar create the mess in the first place?
Match Russia's objective in the first place to what's happening now i.e. a relatively stronger Assad and a political peace process on the way. Pls give it up lol.

2 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by Embosman: 7:59am On Mar 17, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I wouldn't say I anticipated the withdrawal but I knew sooner or later Russia would have to sit down at the round table with the US and others.

One thing remains,the West stands on an Assad exit.I believe now they've toned it down to striking an agreement with Russia that would see Assad voluntarily leave power in a space of years maybe two,three or four.Assad's stay in power might be used as the levelling field against ISIS,Assad may remain just until Daesh is ultimately defeated and Syria has reached a point of stability for governance.

Probably if the West ha pursued this earlier,there won't be so many crisis in Syria today.

It is worthy of note that the only reason why the United States refused to invade Syria is because of global projections due to it's past records.As the world's Super power they have to be seen as the guardian of peace and not the escalator.Seeing that Syria would not be stable without the right leadership which the US would not be able to guarantee,they refrained but instead they gave support to Syrians who wanted a regime change,if the moderate rebels had over run Assad's forces and ousted him,the eventuality of leadership in Syria would not see a negative impact on the United States as they would not be held to any actions taken or not taken.

Russia has weighed the coin and they understand the consequences that awaits any mistake on their part,hence they take the easy way out while still lending their voice to the issue.I think that's wise and respectable for them to have done.
Like the leadership issue in Libya right? What do you mean by moderate rebels? People that get employed by Isis et al. right after graduation from CIA training facilities.
How does the recruitment process go self
CIA: What's your name
Him: Nasir Yusuf
CIA: Are you a moderate that want Assad gone?
Nasir: Yes
CIA: Alright, take this guns and go and fight him.
CIA: *thinks to himself* I hope he wins so we can get those pipelines and cripple Russia's energy market. Lol

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by scully95: 8:18am On Mar 17, 2016
Appleyard:

You are always on point... Again the funniest thing is the western mind controlling propaganda networks are crediting the ceasfire and the geneva talks to the u.s .. Can you Imagine that ? Those crooks have finally lost it.

I was argueing with someone on youtube over s-400 and the junk U.S spend millions $$$ building and call it fighter jet then person mistakenly made mention of these. "That if not U.S, Germany there wont be ceasfire in Syria". I was like omg, where did this zombie got this rubbish from!!!

I replied him saying... For 5 good years, there was no geneva talk, no ceafire but when Russia decided to start pounding those western sponsored terrorist then they are begging for a ceasfire.. The guy/troll/girl did not reply.

Appleyard:
But it will interest you to know that the US recently claim that Boko Haram are still holding lots of Local governments in Nigeria. But last i checked, even schools have resumed in previously occupied territories deep in the north. So whats the US driving at? Why are they still insisting on sending troops even when we have refused?

The empire of lies have always wanted a Base(Africom) in Nigeria/Ecowas to complete the chain of China containment. These have been the goal/plan right from day one and the goodnews is their Saudi arabia Wahhabi boko haram terrorist instituion affiliate are also getting pounded in Nigeria.

The idea of sending troops is just the innitial stage. Those troops will infiltrate the Nigeria military like it was done during GEJ. Sell info to boko haram.. instead of containing boko haram, the opposite will be happening until they achieve the Africom base.. This is the main reason the anglozionist Gen. decided to use information war against the regime of Buhari. Pure information war cos he knows the anti-Buharism will surely market it for him.

This is a very simple logic that has happened in the past but forget it, Nigerians are the smartest people on earth, we only need more wiser people than smarter ones to take country to where it should be..

And the only way left is to lie their ways in to achieving the goal.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by NairaMinted: 1:26pm On Mar 20, 2016
A major take home - for me - from Russia's intervention in Syria is the ability to live practice for the coming war with the Hegemon.

Not Coming Home: What Russian Hardware Stays in Syria After Pullout and Why

Nearly 20 Russian combat aircraft, an air defense system and some 2,000 personnel will stay at Hmeymim airbase in Syria. According to experts, the task force has several goals – fighting terrorism, supporting President Bashar Assad, and control over the region.

Earlier this week at a meeting with troops involved in the Syrian campaign Russian President Vladimir Putin said the number of combat sorties of the Russian Aerospace Forces had decreased from 60-80 to 20 a day.
The president also underscored that the rest of the task force will be capable of accomplishing the assigned tasks in the region.

A squadron of Su-24 tactical bombers, including 9-12 aircraft, will be kept on duty in Syria. During the main stage of the campaign, those aircraft were responsible for the bulk of the airstrikes.

The newest Su-30 and Su-35 jet fighters will also stay at the Hmeymim airbase for aerial protection, a Defense Ministry source told the Russian newspaper Vedomosti. A source close to the military command confirmed to RBK that Su-35 4++-generation jets will stay at the base.

© Sputnik: Dmitri Vinogradov
Russian Su-30 jets landing at the Hmeymim Air Base.
Russia deployed four Su-35s to Syria on January 31, 2016. The Defense Ministry has not additionally reported on their withdrawal.

Moscow will also keep its air defense system in Syria. "Russian air defenses will be on combat duty in Syria and will be used against all targets posing threats to the Russian forces," Putin said. According to him, an S-400 medium- and long-range complex and a Pantsir-S1 air-defense system will stay on duty in Syria.

In addition, Ka-52 and Mi-28N attack helicopters have been spotted at the airbase, but their exact number is unknown.
According to military expert Viktor Litovkin, the rest of the Russian task force will accomplished its goals.

He outlined several main objectives: conducting airstrikes on terrorist targets, supporting the Syrian Army and its allies, and control over the airspace in the region.

© Sputnik: Ramil Sitdikov
Russian Su-24 tactical bombers at the Hmeimim airbase in the Latakia Governorate of Syria
"All the three aircraft are capable of carrying out airstrikes against terrorists. But the Su-24 is not designed for aerial combat, and it needs support of jet fighters," he told RBK.

In addition to the jets, Syrian airspace and Hmeymim air base will also be protected by an S-400 air defense system, Ruslan Pukhov, director of the Analytic Center for Strategies and Technologies, said.

"There could be three sudden threats – coming from Turkey, Israel and the US," he assumed.

He added that with an S-400 deployed to the base the Russian Aerospace Forces could not only establish a no-fly zone not over the Hmeymim airbase but also the entire province of Latakia where the bulk of the Syrian Army is concentrated.

The system has a maximum acquisition range of 600 km and a maximum striking range of 400 km.

"Within this radius, any aircraft can be tracked and then escorted by jets," Pukhov explained.

According to Litovkin, attack helicopters may be used against small groups of enemies and armored targets which cannot be hit by bombers.

"The Ka-52 and the Mi-28N are armed with the Vikhr and Ataka anti-tank missiles as well as a 30-mm gun," the expert said.
He added that terrorist may have man-portable air defense systems so attack helicopters could operate "accurately" at nighttime.

What is more, some 200-300 civil specialists will remain at Hmeymim base. Military personnel will not be able to maintain aircraft and helicopters on their own.

© Sputnik: Dmitry Vinogradov
Russian soldiers at the Hmeymim airbase
"As many as 2,000 personnel are required to operate the base. However, not all of them will be involved in combat missions," Pukhov concluded.
Both experts agreed that the rest of the Russian forces in Syria will be enough for the current objectives.

"Amid the peace talks the intensity of combat has decreased. This is why the current of the Russian forces in Syria is rational," Litovkin said.

At the same time, at his meeting with the troops Putin stressed that Russian can build up its military presence in just a few hours.
The news of Russia’s pullout from Syria came as a surprise and made headlines across the world.

When the operation began last September, Western politicians and experts voiced concerns that Russia risked repeating the Afghan scenario. But, five months after Moscow announced its withdrawal, saying that their objectives had been accomplished.

Here are the main results of the Russian involvement in Syria:

— Intra-Syrian dialogue has resumed, laying the ground for further political settlement
— Parliamentary elections have been scheduled
— The possibility of a foreign intervention has been prevented
— Over 500 residential areas have been liberated by the Syrian Army with the support of Russian airstrikes
— Major supplies routes for extremists have been disrupted
— Finally, the capabilities of Syrian forces have been restored. The Syrian Army received modern weapons from Russia.

It is evident that this is not about a complete withdrawal of Russian forces from Syria. Russia will keep a small force at the Hmeymim base. It will also continue its technical and military assistance to Damascus.

At the same time, some objectives are not accomplished yet. Among them are defeating Daesh and other extremist groups, restoring control over the Syrian-Turkish border, liberating Aleppo, Damascus suburbs and Hama.

The Syrian Army in its current state is able to successfully reach each of these goals. The threat still remains that extremists would continue attacks across the country. However, with the support from main Syrian allies, Russia, Iran and Lebanon, now the chance to curb this threat is much higher than before the Russian engagement.

© Sputnik: Dmitriy Vinogradov
Al-Baath University students hold rally in support of Russia's military operation in Syria
This fact dictates the current configuration of Russian forces in Syria. The bulk of military power was withdrawn, but if needed Moscow can get back to Syria at any moment.

The balance of power in the Middle East is now changing, an article in Il Giornale read. Moscow has turned into the key player in the peaceful process in Syria and is now cooperating with Washington on the issue.

"Russia is not leaving Syria. Instead, it is taking the leading role in the Middle East, making the region less dangerous for the rest of the world," the author wrote.

2 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by Appleyard(m): 5:41pm On Mar 20, 2016
Embosman:

Lol... The way to protect Assad is by destroying his enemies i.e. the hegemon proxy fighters.
Lmao he didn't destroy Isis enough...mehn where have you been? Okay what has your all mighty hegemon achieved bar create the mess in the first place?
Match Russia's objective in the first place to what's happening now i.e. a relatively stronger Assad and a political peace process on the way. Pls give it up lol.
The truth hurt like a serpent, and you just said it. Keep it up. cheesy
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by Appleyard(m): 5:43pm On Mar 20, 2016
Embosman:

Like the leadership issue in Libya right? What do you mean by moderate rebels? People that get employed by Isis et al. right after graduation from CIA training facilities.
How does the recruitment process go self
CIA: What's your name
Him: Nasir Yusuf
CIA: Are you a moderate that want Assad gone?
Nasir: Yes
CIA: Alright, take this guns and go and fight him.
CIA: *thinks to himself* I hope he wins so we can get those pipelines and cripple Russia's energy market. Lol

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Forces To Begin Withdrawing From Syria by Appleyard(m): 6:00pm On Mar 20, 2016
scully95:

You are always on point... Again the funniest thing is the western mind controlling propaganda networks are crediting the ceasfire and the geneva talks to the u.s .. Can you Imagine that ? Those crooks have finally lost it.

I was argueing with someone on youtube over s-400 and the junk U.S spend millions $$$ building and call it fighter jet then person mistakenly made mention of these. "That if not U.S, Germany there wont be ceasfire in Syria". I was like omg, where did this zombie got this rubbish from!!!

I replied him saying... For 5 good years, there was no geneva talk, no ceafire but when Russia decided to start pounding those western sponsored terrorist then they are begging for a ceasfire.. The guy/troll/girl did not reply.
Were you expecting a reply from her? Have you forgotten how zombie-ism works? You see, a lot of people are blinded by hate and propaganda in so much that they have lost touch with reality and can't even comprehend simple facts by applying the sumpliest of logical reasoning. So you shold be able to know that anyone crediting the hegemon for the little peace Syria is currently enjoying, is an inmate doing life in the western prison of propaganda and zombification. Thats just it, brother.

The empire of lies have always wanted a Base(Africom) in Nigeria/Ecowas to complete the chain of China containment. These have been the goal/plan right from day one and the goodnews is their Saudi arabia Wahhabi boko haram terrorist instituion affiliate are also getting pounded in Nigeria.

The idea of sending troops is just the innitial stage. Those troops will infiltrate the Nigeria military like it was done during GEJ. Sell info to boko haram.. instead of containing boko haram, the opposite will be happening until they achieve the Africom base.. This is the main reason the anglozionist Gen. decided to use information war against the regime of Buhari. Pure information war cos he knows the anti-Buharism will surely market it for him.

This is a very simple logic that has happened in the past but forget it, Nigerians are the smartest people on earth, we only need more wiser people than smarter ones to take country to where it should be..

And the only way left is to lie their ways in to achieving the goal.

Exactly on point. I so much thank God that Buhari is not as cluesless as Jonathan initially. One thing that has been keeping this nation together is the will to survive. God is really helping us, and with Him by our side, all their devilish wish against Nigeria will never succeed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

War Begins - AL Qaeda Attacks Wagner Forces On Mali Niger Border / South Africans Killing Somalis / Iraqi Fighters Pose With Dead Bodies Of Islamic Militants ISIS Killed In Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.