Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu (35790 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today / I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu by chipet67(m): 1:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
crownwealth:

This administration is confused.
...Seriously, old fools
Re: It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2016
mapet:

I think you have mistakenly reference me here

how?
Re: It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu by baralatie(m): 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
egalitarian78:
The only brand ambassador of this admin, d only shining star in d cabinet and one whose cognate experience stood tall among others has suddenly been infected with d APCmaniac syndrome; a congenital abnormality pathogmonic with APC govt which affects dia sense of reasoning and judgement with its attendant denials, CHANGE of promises and policy somersault. We are all wailing hoping dat soon our refineries will start full operations with its attendant benefits but this my respectable Minister has just dashed such thought. What d masses were expecting dat d Apc govt was to cast out d spell dat has made it impossible for Nigeria to refine at home but here are they giving up without a fight. Honestly, leadership is quite different from politics. Mr Jonathan will be some where laughing out loud or possibly on NL here with a coded moniker.
shocked
Re: It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu by ozoemenaca: 4:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
Immediately APC took over government they leveraged on the turn around maintenance done by GEJ and they claimed that many of the refineries are working. Just last week APC came up to say that in just three months the importation of fuel would be over and today the minister is saying that it is more economical to import than to produce locally. So APC which one do you want us to believe ?
Re: It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu by Memejem: 4:38pm On Mar 15, 2016
That doesn't mean that transparency doesn't belong. Evey government and society needs transparency to function. Nigeria has never had it. And we desperately need it. Only some people don't know how to behave once they receive it.

Under Johnathans tenure were our refineries working at total capacity? NOOOOO

Apc stated what thier goal was. When they got into power they couldn't actualize it. Now they are explaining to the people why they can't and what it would take them to do it.

I'm not an Apc supporter or Pdp supporter. But sometimes it helps to stop blaming everyone for everything. Ignorance helps nobody.educate yourself and question if what they're saying is the truth. And the man is telling the truth. If anybody paid attention in the beginning what he's saying shouldnt be a surprise.

Was he in power before that he should be blamed for the partys campaign? Open your eyes man. If all you do is complain you're never going to get anywhere. I'm not arguing with you.

babestella:

That wasn't what they said during election campaigns, they made Nigerians believe that our 4 refineries with total production cap of under 8 million liter could feed Nigeria fuel demand, pls don't come here to fool Nigerians with transparency crap, what Nigerians need is delivery and performance.
Re: It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu by bAdoosha(m): 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2016
obasiken:
Is this the kind of utterances that should be made by a minister of Nigeria? Instead of him to be thinking of a way to make production of PMS cheaper in Nigeria he has already admitted failure. This is why APC is failing cos they are PESSIMISTS.
I think he was just being honest. And he added they are going to fix it. Even though taking this governments word for what it is is a hard one.
Re: It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu by mapet: 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
kaeforum:

how?

I mean I don't see the relationship of your comment with my comment you quoted. Except you elaborated
Re: It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu by mickey45: 7:35pm On Mar 15, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
PMB JUST THEY VIOLATE EVERY PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS, HE IS TOO D A F T TO RULE A NATION AS NIGERIA.

How so? @ "violating every rule of economics"
Re: It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu by mickey45: 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
drss:
do u now see why OBJ sold d refineris but only to be reversed by yar adua, n why GEJ tried to abolish fuel subsidy to pave way for private sector build refineries but was attacked by ojota dancers deziani herself recommended dat nigeria's refineries should be sold off but was brutaly opposed by a.boki machinery. hope u see why a.bo.ki economics no good for una
d zoo refineries ar just condemned metal scraps.

I did say it then that when experts talk, its suicide arguing.
GEJ and Diezani were shouting the truth over the housetops but what happened, some conmen who've been feeding fat on subsidy without importing anything to the country and round tripping Nigerians were sponsoring protests with ordinary pure water and loudspeakers.
Truth is truth, whether we agree with it or not.

Btw, Government actually has no business in business and until ours begin to focus on what their primary role is i.e regulation and monitoring, we'll keep having these gaffes.

1 Like

Re: It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu by grandstar(m): 3:40am On Mar 16, 2016
yaki84:

yea he spoke d truth, but in an hopeless situation u must be economical with the truth.
he would hv still stood by the 18months time the situation will be improve than saying this.
u know I dont blame d man but buhari that still reason like my granny who will never want to dispose her dysfunctional transistor radio because she bought it with her first salary.
ibe kachikwu advised buhari that the 4 refineries be sold but he refused.
the way d refineries r, the whole system is awkward n nigeria will lose even if it works at optimu point. the pipelines will be paid to secured, which will be paid by the people running the refineries. n if the pipelines r bad, crude will be transported via trucks or vessels to the refineries which is another huge cost. so at d end of the day nigeria will lose instead of making profit.
the best thing now is sell it off, build one that can refine up to 700k barrels a day, n site it close to the source of raw material so much pipelaying will not be needed threr by serving not just cost but also vandals from having access to do their IT. industrial attachment.
what you said is right.

Buhari's poor understanding of economics is finishing the economy.

1 Like

Re: It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu by jpphilips(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2016
kaeforum:
What a lie, I am disappointed in kachikwu, never trust deltans to dot the right thing.

If refinering locally is that expensive why are they arresting people who build modular refineries. How can it be expensive if the refineries are sited close to the raw materials , raw materials are situated in the country and can be extracted in known wells.

How do you ship crude several thousand kilometers away to another country and think its cheaper and economical.

It doesnt make economic sense, importing from another country, fueling their economies at the expense of ours, this guy has proven beyond reasonable doubt that the present administration is incompetent, lacks focus and does not mean well for the country.

Do you have any idea that you are on the internet not mama Basira shop? Do you think the world will sympathize with your illiteracy if you refuse to trim the rough edges of your enlightenment? You talk so empty that I wonder if you have infected people with your line of reasoning.
Evolution promised to weed out people like you over time, why is it taking so long?

1 Like

Re: It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu by jpphilips(m): 11:41am On Mar 21, 2016
yaki84:

gej wanted to privatise it, d union leaders sensing that they will lose their looting avenue ran to apc the opposition then n they were labelling jonathan all sort of names just to score cheap points.
the problem is not the system but people running the system in nigeria.
nnpc needs total overhauling, those refineries needs to be sold as scraps then use the money n build one good refinery. another thing abt buildng refinery shud be rightful location, siting it near the source of raw materials. in asamuch as I like what dangote is doing in buildng a new refinery but I think the cost of laying those pipes n protection of those pipelines will be another bottleneck that will scuttle d success of that facility.
refineries shud be built close to its source of raw materials, rail tracks laid to link major cities to aid in evacuating the products not still laying pipelines that is prone to vandalism n sabotage.

Where do you think the feedstock to Dangote's refinery is? You guys ooze so much ignorance that i pray our politicians don't come here, If they do, believe me, the youth will stand no chance of taking over till they are dead.
How can a country be packed with so many dumb people at a time? how did we get to this place?

1 Like

Re: It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu by jpphilips(m): 11:46am On Mar 21, 2016
jogojogo:

Sorry man! Do you have comprehension problem or you just want to gush out rubbish in the name of wild critisism?

Should I just assume you did not read the write up? Unfortunately, you still have some retarded minds clicking "like". I wonder how someone who could read and comprehend "like" the rubbish you posted.

A country with dullards, what do you expect?
Re: It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu by omenka(m): 10:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
VAG:

You mean the zombie squad like; ngeneukw!enu, ome;nka, b;arem, pas:singshot, demd:jem, 1;after etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If You Don't Vote For APC, We'll Deal With You — Alhassan Ado Doguwa At Rally / EFCC Arrests Ibrahim Akut Baba / Many Soldiers Killed, Dozens Injured As Insurgents Invade Base In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.