Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist (33855 Views)

Scientist Exterminate 5 Million Rats in Antarctic Island / US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him / Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
UjSizzle:
Refusing to be the president of Israel was quite admirable. I cannot think of any Nigerian who would own up to lacking the necessary skills needed to rule a nation.
Me. A friend asked me yesterday if I wanted to be President someday and I said No. I told him I don't mind working behind the scene for the president, helping him build a nation but I don't think i'm interested in the fame and power that comes with being president, besides I can't even get my issh together n to talk of helping 170million people get theirs too.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by Macelliot(m): 11:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
jaxxy:

Wat bracket does Leonardo davinci fall into?
Not that philosophical, but more scientific...

I think He falls within Eintein, Newton's bracket.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by Macelliot(m): 11:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
MISSCONGENIALITY:
The same bracket me mean in terms of Era or works. Cos amongst them all, Aristotle had the greatest works, followed by Plato even though plato was kind putting down Socrates views into wirting since Socrates didn't write. Plato was Socrates' mouth piece.

Ok.. You know? Socrates is the father of philosophy.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by macof(m): 11:58pm On Mar 17, 2016
ElDaIllest:
Contrary to popular belief, he never failed math.

In 1935, the "Ripley's Believe It Or Not!" newspaper published an article headlined "Greatest living mathematician failed in mathematics," and the claim is still passed around to this day.

Einstein never failed math. He was shown the article and laughed: "I never failed in mathematics. Before I was 15 I had mastered differential and integral calculus."

The young Einstein was actually at the top of most of his classes and far exceeded the expectations of his teachers.

Mr.lalasticlala calculate how long for this article to make FP cool

I always thought he wasn't a bright young pupil in school
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by macof(m): 12:00am On Mar 18, 2016
Johnny19:
great physicist who graced mother earth....just imagine stealing his eyes and brain dis man was simply EXTRAORDINARY

grin grin they wanna use his brain for metaphysical work. .. If not shey na museum material be person brain?
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by macof(m): 12:05am On Mar 18, 2016
Macelliot:

I think Einstein was a theist(though not religious)..

In most of his quotes, he makes reference to "God".

This got me thinking! Science without religion is lame; and Religion without science is blind. - Albert Einstein.

he was a pantheist
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 12:21am On Mar 18, 2016
Macelliot:

I know. And he was very humble too.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by Albert0011(m): 12:22am On Mar 18, 2016
Hmmm...my name sake,respect anyone that bears that name.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 12:25am On Mar 18, 2016
1Dray:

Who is this philosophy student talking about? Who philosophy or philosophers don help?
Philosophy is the mother of all sciences. Besides, who's talking about help here? Don't u know where to go for help if u need any?
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 12:26am On Mar 18, 2016
Macelliot:

Yes he is. He was also a very humble man.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by kossyablaze(m): 12:42am On Mar 18, 2016
UjSizzle:
Refusing to be the president of Israel was quite admirable. I cannot think of any Nigerian who would own up to lacking the necessary skills needed to rule a nation.
Hmmm I can jor!
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by mamagee3(f): 2:02am On Mar 18, 2016
A rare genius of a millennium.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by Nobody: 2:34am On Mar 18, 2016
ElDaIllest:
All the money from the prize went to his first wife as a divorce settlement.

As part of the divorce settlement, the couple agreed that the money from the prize he anticipated he would win would go into a savings account for their sons, Hans and Eduard.

The money was eventually used to buy three houses in Zurich -- one for Mileva to live in, and two others as investments.

His eyes remain in a safe box in NYC.

Not only did the doctor who illegally performed Einstein's autopsy steal his brain, he also stole his eyes. He gave the eyes to Einstein's eye doctor, Henry Abrams. They are kept in a safety deposit box in New York City to this day.

He was the inspiration for Yoda.

Stuart Freeborn, the movie makeup artist who created Yoda, modelled the jedi's face on his own, but added wrinkles inspired by Einstein to Yoda's eyes to denote wisdom and intelligence.

One of Einstein's most famous quotes is completely misinterpreted.

"God does not play dice with the universe" is one of Einstein's most famous and somewhat cryptic quotes.

His reference to God often causes people to assume he was religious -- he wasn't. He was using God as a metaphor. In a letter he wrote in 1954, he said:

"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

And when Einstein said "does not play dice," he was referring to the unpredictable nature of subatomic particles in quantum physics.

In short, the quote aims to outline how weird quantum mechanics is as a theory. You can read more on Tech Insider.

Einstein's main passion wasn't science.

Despite all his other talents and achievements, music was what made Einstein happiest. He never traveled without his violin and once said: "Life without playing music is inconceivable for me. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. I get most joy in life out of music.”

Source: http://www.entrepreneur.com/slideshow/272437

Happy posthumous birthday, Albert Einstein!

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them - Albert Einstein
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by mutvy: 6:09am On Mar 18, 2016
He doesn't believe in the existence of God. Hence, I don't like him.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 18, 2016
Happy post humous birthday.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by hotwax: 7:17am On Mar 18, 2016
[size=18pt]Da Vinci is the best of all.[/size]
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by 1Dray(m): 7:28am On Mar 18, 2016
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Philosophy is the mother of all sciences. Besides, who's talking about help here? Don't u know where to go for help if u need any?

No be only mother, na grandmother join. The so-called philosophers should keep deceiving you and themselves. Mother of guesses and assumptions (ending in errors), you mean? If it doesn't help humanity, of what use is it? Comparing ordinary Aristotle with Einstein is the height of ignorance. It tells a lot of how ignorant you're about the topic of discussion and sciences.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by anigbajumo(m): 7:30am On Mar 18, 2016
continue to RIP sir,I fink Tesla is little bit ahead of him...

Proudly physicist.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by Blankstare(m): 7:42am On Mar 18, 2016
Th greatest,an agnostic man that still regrads the almighty God in all his deeds,was also able to sire happy family amidst a sounding schorlarly persuit. His role in the manhattan project cant never be over emphasised.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by enoch273: 7:44am On Mar 18, 2016
Donald3d:
Awesome !!!!
how much does it cost to develop an app? Cause i would love to ve one.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by Alal(m): 7:48am On Mar 18, 2016
happy birthday to you, really I admire you, this is why I named my second child after you. RIP.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by Mbediogu(m): 7:49am On Mar 18, 2016
[size=8pt][/size]

He was a multi talent, an enigma and the last wonder of the world of modern science. Which scientist of 20th century did he not influence or inspire? He lived and functioned in the grey zone between science, philosophy and arts and perhaps that was what made him exceptional. Do you observe he had great power of communication and expression - something he shares with Steve Hawkins? Unlike most professors of science of today.

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by UjSizzle(f): 8:04am On Mar 18, 2016
MISSCONGENIALITY:
The same bracket me mean in terms of Era or works. Cos amongst them all, Aristotle had the greatest works, followed by Plato even though plato was kind putting down Socrates views into wirting since Socrates didn't write. Plato was Socrates' mouth piece.
Because writing made people mentally lazy grin
I still like the Socratic style of teaching though.

Great men smiley
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by veraiyke(m): 8:22am On Mar 18, 2016
That's your own take. Others would readily say Plato is. It still remains a contention in Philosophy.
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Yes he is. He was also a very humble man.

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by bidak(m): 8:35am On Mar 18, 2016
My respect and love for these man increase today if a genius can decline a presidential post because he believe he lack the natural aptitude and experience to deal with people and exercise official functions, and here in nigeria person wey no get ordinary O LEVEL go dey claim say make una vote for am,say e fit do am wella
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by emi14: 8:45am On Mar 18, 2016
ElDaIllest:
topics like this rarely make fb... Until I kill one anaconda and wrap it around my neck, that's when I'll have a chance of getting to fp lol grin

Or you step out like Tonto Dike or baby mama Davido or you write about one prostitute from Kenya or south African big booty or boosty. Nonsense
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by Donald3d(m): 8:45am On Mar 18, 2016
enoch273:

how much does it cost to develop an app? Cause i would love to ve one.
it depends on what you want the functions of the app to be .
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by 989900: 8:45am On Mar 18, 2016
Mbediogu:
[size=8pt][/size]

He was a multi talent, an enigma and the last wonder of the world of modern science. Which scientist of 20th century did he not influence or inspire? He lived and functioned in the grey zone between science, philosophy and arts and perhaps that was what made him exceptional. Do you observe he had great power of communication and expression - something he shares with Steve Hawkins? Unlike most professors of science of today.

The part in bold really did set him apart.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by oise89: 8:55am On Mar 18, 2016
Too much brain wish I can do dsame
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by 989900: 9:04am On Mar 18, 2016
Einstein had previously explored the belief that man could not understand the nature of God. In an interview published in 1930 in G. S. Viereck's book Glimpses of the Great, Einstein, in response to a question about whether or not he defined himself as a pantheist, explained:

Your question is the most difficult in the world. It is not a question I can answer simply with yes or no. I am not an Atheist. I do not know if I can define myself as a Pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. May I not reply with a parable? The human mind, no matter how highly trained, cannot grasp the universe. We are in the position of a little child, entering a huge library whose walls are covered to the ceiling with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written those books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books, a mysterious order, which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of the human mind, even the greatest and most cultured, toward God. We see a universe marvelously arranged, obeying certain laws, but we understand the laws only dimly. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that sways the constellations. I am fascinated by Spinoza's Pantheism. I admire even more his contributions to modern thought. Spinoza is the greatest of modern philosophers, because he is the first philosopher who deals with the soul and the body as one, not as two separate things.

OTOH, Eisntein's views about God kept changing/fluctuating from agnosticism to pantheism to deism -- even 'the wise one' got confused by it all -- I can relate.
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by enoch273: 9:29am On Mar 18, 2016
Donald3d:
it depends on what you want the functions of the app to be .

by functions, what do you mean? And pls list the said functions so i can pick from
Re: Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist by lyterydim(m): 9:39am On Mar 18, 2016
ElDaIllest:
Einstein died because he said no to life-saving surgery.:

On April 17, 1955, Einstein experienced an abdominal aortic aneurysm, resulting in internal bleeding. Upon being offered surgery, he said: "I want to go when I want. It is tasteless to prolong life artificially. I have done my share, it is time to go. I will do it elegantly."

He died the following day.
and you forgot; he never comb his hair nor wear socks in his lifetime

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Of The Strangest Animals Found In Africa / Crocodile Caught & Butchered For Meat In Port Harcourt(photos) / Russia World's Only Floating Nuclear Power Plant Can Power 100000 Nigerian Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.