Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

[Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? (8086 Views)

Poll: Who would you pick as the African Footballer of the Year?

Eto'o: 29% (18 votes)
Drogba: 45% (28 votes)
Essien: 6% (4 votes)
Kanu: 18% (11 votes)
Other: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by amodu(m): 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2006
Whats kanu doing on d list?

Can you tell me why he shouldn't be there?
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Christino(m): 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2006
No one deserves the award more than Essien, but he did not show up at the cup of nations - obviously due to "injury".

In that case i'll give it to Drogba. He took his country to the world cup for the first time and was one of the top 3 highest goal scorers in the qualifiers (incl. Adebayor and Obagol). Drogba fought hard against cameroun in the qualifiers though lost 3-2 in that match. Drogba took the Ivoriens to the final of the nations cup after over a decade of reaching that far.

with those two in bag, plus to me he played well last season. 12 premiership goals and 11 premiership assists is enough pride for an African.

Eto'o's finished with 5 goals at the cup of nations but could not go so far in the tourney. He did not play at the world cup and made up for this by finishing as top goal scorer, champion's league trophy, la liga trophy among others and surely deserves it.

Essien has been instrumental to his country and club and took them to a splendid maiden world cup outing. but did not show up at the nations cup for reasons best known to mourinho.

Kanu is fond of turning the game around for nigeria. with 6 goals and 3 assists for west brom last season after 19 starts, and miraculous adventures for Nigeria, especially in hopeless times, I think Kanu deserves a nomination.

but all in all, I guess it's time Drogba got this stuff and let's stop robbing Peter to Pay Paul. Okocha struggled to get this stuff but was denied, Eto'o has just won the FiFpro African footballer of the year and he truly deserves it, but let's face it this time around, if this is all the extra fire Drogba needs, let's give it to him.
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by kitaun(m): 10:56pm On Nov 23, 2006
Need i say more? Well said dude
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by amodu(m): 9:23am On Nov 24, 2006
Nice analysis there Christino.
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by candylips(m): 1:28am On Nov 26, 2006
Gracias
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by PDF: 6:33pm On Dec 14, 2006
Did anyone listen to Kanu's interview with Brila FM?

Is it in line with what is written here? Kanu wants more cash
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by 9ja4eva: 8:38am On Dec 19, 2006
Drogba has been fantastic bt den i did say Kanu.I will say dt cos hes nt playing with world class players and is still making it.
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by shens2006(m): 11:02pm On Dec 21, 2006
Ma man Drogba is getting the award. No dought grin grin grin
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by PDF: 6:44pm On Jan 30, 2007
Kanu and Aboutrika have been dropped from the list.

Yea, I know they were dropped some weeks back. I just wanna update this thread. The award ceremony is scheduled to take place in March and Zizou (not Akide) will do the honour of presenting the awards.
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by 9ja4eva: 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2007
If nt KANU its definitely DROGBA
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by danniecool(m): 7:56pm On Feb 03, 2007
it gonna be Drogba, if no partiality by Isa Hayatu
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Radiant(f): 10:23pm On Feb 03, 2007
9ja4eva:

If nt KANU its definitely DROGBA

Can't you read Kanu has been eliminated?

ETO'O. . . . March 1st!
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by kitaun(m): 11:43pm On Feb 03, 2007
Etoo's wife has come again o!!
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Radiant(f): 11:53pm On Feb 03, 2007
Kit, you can say that again. wink cheesy
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by kitaun(m): 12:00am On Feb 04, 2007
Even tho i dont fancy him that much, Drogba would nick it!
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Radiant(f): 12:02am On Feb 04, 2007
As usual, I won't argue with you. Let's wait until March, 1st wink
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by kitaun(m): 12:38am On Feb 04, 2007
Angel, I hear U!!
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by 9ja4eva: 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2007
Radiant:

Can't you read Kanu has been eliminated?

ETO'O. . . . March 1st!

Radiant u see me for dream?Which levels
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by PDF: 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2007
Nairaland users can't be wrong afterall.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-42892.0.html
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Radiant(f): 10:28pm On Mar 01, 2007
This will be Drogba's first and last time!

What kind of suit was he wearing? embarassed
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by kitaun(m): 12:17am On Mar 02, 2007
Na by suit? The guy was respledent in his native attire, looking every inch a true King!
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Radiant(f): 12:50pm On Mar 02, 2007
Ohh plz! angry

Drogba [/b]79 votes

[b]Eto'o
74 votes

Essien 36 votes

Check out the difference and tell me what the results would have been if Cameroon had made it to the World Cup? Forget about Eto'os injury. That wouldn't have made any difference wink

ETO'O A TUTTI!!! kiss

Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by 4Play(m): 1:35pm On Mar 02, 2007
Best African footballer na Louis Saha!He is of African descent
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by kitaun(m): 1:53pm On Mar 02, 2007
See dis attention-seeking nitwit again?
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by wormedup(m): 3:26pm On Mar 02, 2007
at this point, u can say drogba is gonna pick it up next year.
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Radiant(f): 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2007
wormedup:

at this point, u can say drogba is going to pick it up next year.

You joking, right?
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by wormedup(m): 4:56pm On Mar 02, 2007
no jokes rad; fasten ur seat belts grin

cool
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Radiant(f): 5:36pm On Mar 02, 2007
Never! cool
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by ruffman(m): 8:58pm On Mar 02, 2007
samuel eto'o the main man of the year
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by 9ja4eva: 4:44am On Mar 03, 2007
Wow.Congrats to Drogba he sure deserves it.Was he there though?Wheres Louis Saha from?
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Radiant(f): 11:00am On Mar 03, 2007
Ruffman, thank you for that observation.
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by bunmii(f): 11:14am On Mar 03, 2007
As nigeria got famous football clubs like arsenal & co ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Becomes A Dad: Rumour? / Arsenal Is Moving In A Good Direction - Arteta After Defeating Leicester / Rivers State Athletes Protest Over Unpaid Allowances (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.