Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,866 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

How Would You Describe Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Would You Describe Jesus? (11552 Views)

Does The Bible Describe Jesus Being Worshipped? / Let Me Describe Jesus Christ, In Case You See Him Someday. / Describe Jesus In One Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Describe Jesus? by fidelia57(f): 12:56pm On Nov 07, 2006
How would you describe the man Jesus?

Some said he is the Lamb of God, and some said he is the Man in Battle, others said he is the Author and the Finisher of our Faith. Some others said he is the beginning and the end. While some said he is Father of all Creation, the One that died on cross and share his blood for you and me so that we all can be saved.

So tell me, how else would one describe him?
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by chiziteihe(m): 8:20pm On Nov 07, 2006
He is indescribable.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by chiziteihe(m): 8:20pm On Nov 07, 2006
He is indescribable.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Free(f): 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2006
Loving
Peaceful
forgiving
Holy
peacemaker
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by babysnogls: 5:42pm On Nov 08, 2006
He is d Best dt had ever happend 2 mankind! Without Him life is slavery,bondage,tears and shame.HE IS MY 1st LOVE!
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Ndipe(m): 8:00am On Nov 09, 2006
He is the Best Gift to the human race. He is simply too wonderful, a man of peace, Love and meekness, that transcends all human boundary!!!
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by ashewo(m): 7:10am On Nov 10, 2006
Exactly he is indescribable, word can describe aw marvelous he is.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by exu(m): 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2006
fictional.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by gbadex1(m): 7:45am On Nov 13, 2006
@ exu,

how would u know he's fictional if u don't know jack about him?
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by feelgood(m): 8:55am On Nov 16, 2006
How Would you describe Jesus? Very apt especially in these modern and confusing times. But then, how would I describe Jesus?
Perhaps The following story would help:

THE TOUCH OF THE MASTER’S HAND

It was battered and scarred and the auctioneer
Thought it hardly worth his while
To spend much time on the old violin,
But he held it up with a smile.
“What am I bidden, good folk,” he cried;
“Who’ll start the bidden for me?”
“A dollar I have, who’ll make it two?
Two dollars, who’ll make it three?
Three dollars! And going, and going – but no!”
From the room far back a gray-haired man
Stepped forward and picked up the bow.
Then dusting off the old violin and tightening
The loosened strings,
Played a melody so pure and sweet
As a carolling angel sings.
The music ceased, and the auctioneer
In a voice both clear and low
Said: “What am I bidden now, good folks?”
And he held it up with the bow.
One thousand I have, who’ll make it two?
Two thousand! Who’ll make it three?
Three thousand and going, and going, and gone,”
Said he.
The people cheered, but some of them cried,
“We don’t quite understand: what changed it’s
worth?”
Back came the reply: “Touch of the Master’s
Hand!”
Now there is many a life just like that
All battered and scarred by sin;
And they’re going cheap to a thoughtless world
Much like the old violin.
The roll of a dice, a glass of wine;
A drink and they travel on.
They’re going once, they’re going twice,
They’re going and nearly gone.
Then the Master comes and touches that life,
And the crowds can’t understand –
The worth of a soul and the change that is
Wrought
By the touch of the Master’s hand.

Now Jesus Christ is the Master true
And His is the touch so grand,
That can change a life in a moment of time
By the touch of the Master’s hand.

Surrender your life totally to Him today and see what he won’t do for you.

THAT SUMS UP MY IDEA OF JESUS. HOW ABOUT YOU FIDELIA? HAVE YOU MET HIM FOR THAT SPECIAL TOUCH?

BE COOL
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by olabowale(m): 3:20pm On Nov 16, 2006
I am not trying to be disrespective to Jesus or any of God's prophets. However, some one said that jesus died to save the world, yet others said that he is the creator, etc, etc. My question is this; If he is the one that created and the only one that can save, why did he have to allow himself to die so that he can save? Who is he going to save people from, himself? Is there a God different and separate from Jesus? If there is this Powerful God, who is complete in every respect, then, this God would not need jesus to died and be slaughtered so mercilessly so that God then forgive mankind. God Who is complete and full of power to do all things would deal with everyone, on an individual basis under a certainly established guidelines of rules and laws of commandments, which has its core remaining unchanged throughout the history of mankind. This will allow essentially a core quality requirement for Justice and mercy given.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by feelgood(m): 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2006
Got the following fro someone in my mail today:
Jesus had no servants, yet they called Him Master. Had no degree, yet they called Him Teacher. Had no medicines, yet they called Him Healer. Had no army, yet kings feared Him. He won no military battles, yet He conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today.

@ Olabowale
smiley smiley smileyNice try
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by olabowale(m): 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2006
@Feelgood: Please do not misunderstand me. My entry is not to demean Jesus, or even given an impression of competion with him and any prothet of God.

In the Qur;an, in the chapter known as confederates, Allah says that we should give greetings and wishing good on Muhammad if believers know what is good for them. In this case, when you say aleysalaam at the mentioning of Muhammad, you receive reward. Muhammad said that the Lord of the world will let his soul reunite with his body so that he can return the greeting and the angel will pray for you at the same time. Can you imagine whats happening to Muhammad (AS) 24/7 by this action of believers all over the world? Myhammad and even his followers and other prophets are called Seidina, meaning master! Muhammad is also called teacher. Every word, action and all that he permitted was recorede and no one had changed it, nor paraphrased it deleted any. Infact, Muhammad (AS) said who ever attach any statement or action to him which is false, should take his/her place in Hell. Muhammad (AS) healed many people and show a means that believers continue to heal themselves. The whole Qur'an from Suratul baqarah is an answer of the prayer in Suratul fathiha. Muhammad and his followers, while alive and even after death, won many battles even without raising any hand, without any bloodshed. A case in point, their entry to Egypt, helping the coptic against the vatican, was just by the muslims using their chewing stick. The Lord of the world comfounded this people that they saw the muslims as if they were sharpening their teeth to devour them. Many Kingdom and Empire fell just by the muslims saying that they want justice. Even Rome crumbled at the thought of going against the muslims, during the khalifate of Umar. Muhammad won and lost battles, so did his followers. Today's condition of the muslims is a good example. In the face of oppression, most muslims will not flinch. Islam of Muhammad is still entering the hearts of people. American white and others are yearning for Islam. You said that Jesus was crucified. This is coming from you. Muhammad was hated by the enemies of Islam, yet he did nor did his true followers compromise their belief. A Jewish woman gave him poisoned meat. Yet the meat told him that it was poisoned. Muhammad is buried and his grave is protected and he is the most beloved to mankind, people praying and praising him 24/7. Never tired of wishing him well. Muhammad lives today as he lived while on the surface of the earth. Muhammad (AS) told us to emulate all the prophets (AS), Jesus included among them. I sometimes dress up like Jesus myself. Wearing Jilbab, with my shawl wrapped around my head . I do also dress up like Moses as well. Today, People dream of Muhammad. I have dreamt of him and the dream is very vivid to me on mount Arafat, performing Hajj in his company (AS)! Inshort, you spoke about the quality of the Prophets (AS), except your hypothesis of his dying, and raising, which I disagree with you on. See.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by feelgood(m): 9:15pm On Nov 16, 2006
@ Olabowale Many thanks 4 ur enlightening post on Mohammed. But then this thread is on Jesus, no? Many thanks all the same
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by olabowale(m): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2006
@Feelgood: You are right. It is about Jesus. However, we need to be accurate about it. If I did not point out the qualities share by all the prphets of God with Jesus, who is one of them, to a person who is with subject mindset may believe that jesus is exclusively unique in your presentation. I also disagree with you in some valed attachment you imposed on him, eg death and rising.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Alexos(m): 9:24am On Nov 17, 2006
He has endless list of names. Ok check this out:

Little Children call him 'FATHER'

Presidents & Governors calls him 'THE GREAT 'COUNSELLOR'

Astrologers says he is the 'BRIGHT AND MORNING STAR'

Zoologist says he is the 'LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH'

In Forestry, he is known as the 'TREE OF LIFE'

Oceanographers says he is the 'RIVER OF LIVING WATER'

In Geology, he is known as the 'ROCK OF AGES'

Publisher's says he is the 'AUTHOR OF OUR FAITH'

Sailors calls him the 'CAPTAIN OF SALVATION'

Prisoners call him the 'GREAT DELIVERER'

Carpenters says He is the 'DOOR'

Journalist says Jesus is the 'TRUTH'

Sinners calls him the 'FRIEND OF SINNERS'

Surveyors says he is the 'PLAN OF GOD'

Doctors says he's the 'GREAT HEALER'

Drivers says Jesus is the 'WAY'

Caterers call him the 'BREAD OF LIFE'

Teachers says he is the 'MASTER'

Theologers calls him the 'BAPTIZER'

Lawyers calls him the 'GREAT MEDIATOR, and the INTERCONTINENTAL ADVOCATE OF THE WHOLE WORLD'.

Native Doctors says he is the 'JESUS THE POWER OF GOD'

Soldiers refer to him as the 'PRINCE OF PEACE'

Civil Engineers says he is the 'CHIEF CORNER STONE'

Photographers calls him the 'IMAGE OF GOD'

Electrical engineers know him as the 'LIGHT OF THE WORLD'

Even in Death, he is known as the 'RESSURECTION & LIFE'
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Ndipe(m): 12:50pm On Nov 17, 2006
Beautifullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

Thanks for sharing that with us, Alexos. Very very inspiring!!!
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2006
I describe Jesus by the claims he made of himself.
Read on and God bless.

http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/english/claims.htm
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 17, 2006
babyosisi:

I describe Jesus by the claims he made of himself.

He claimed to live a sinless life
He claimed to be the ONLY way to God
He claimed to have shared the glory of God in Heaven
He claimed to be able to forgive sins
He claimed to be a Heavenly king
He claimed to be able to give everlasting life
He claimed that he would die and come back to life
He claimed that he would return again to judge the world
Jesus clearly claimed to be both God and Messiah.

Read on and God bless.

http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/english/claims.htm
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by olabowale(m): 1:43am On Nov 18, 2006
@Babyosisi: The picture of 'Jesus' on the site you quoted above, is it real or momorex? When was the Camera made and who made it? Also, you must notice they at least have him with full beard and long hair. You are right, he claimed to be those. What did the webmaster claimed that he claimed that he was? Have a great weekend. NYC is very nice. Anyway i am a home body; from office to my home and masjid.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2006
There is no true picture of Jesus,silly.
It does not send us head hunting either.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2006
Jesus is also the lion of the tribe of Judah.
The bright and morning star.
The redeemer
The saviour
The soon coming king
The Son of God
The Son of man
A friend that sticks closer than a brother
The breathe of life
The fountain of life
The rock of our salvation
The beginning and the end
Our prophet,priest and King
The word of God
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by olabowale(m): 7:04pm On Nov 18, 2006
@Babyosisi: I thought the Lion of Judah is 'King David'. Is'nt it? You may have problems with the Rastafarians, if you tell them its not so!

By the way Judah is what now? Come again; Ah, yes, it is one of the tribes of the Children of Jacob, who was also known as Israel (Soldier of God, not the one who fought with God!). Oh, I would not comment on the list above. I will let you have your 'fun', but you know my feeling about it. Yes and tremendous amount of NO.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2006
To answer you olabowole read these from the book of revelation and see who the scriptures talk about.

[b]Rev 5:1   Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals.

Rev 5:2   And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?”

Rev 5:3   But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it.

Rev 5:4   I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside.

Rev 5:5   Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

Rev 5:6   Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits* of God sent out into all the earth.

Rev 5:7   He came and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne.

Rev 5:8   And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty‑four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

Rev 5:9   And they sang a new song:

“You are worthy to take the scroll

and to open its seals,

because you were slain,

and with your blood you purchased men for God

from every tribe and language and people and nation.

Rev 5:10   You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,

and they will reign on the earth.”

Rev 5:11   Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders.

Rev 5:12   In a loud voice they sang:

“Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,

to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength

and honor and glory and praise!”
[/color][color=#990000]

Rev 5:13   Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing:

“To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb

be praise and honor and glory and power,

for ever and ever!”

Rev 5:14   The four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped.

[/b]

Halleluia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Alexos(m): 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2006
Jesus is the SON of GOD
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by IBEXY(m): 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2006
One of the greatest men that ever lived.
Unique in the sense that he left a lasting impression brought about by his message of peace and tolerance.

From another angle he was a great political figure.
He came at a time his people needed independence from oppressive Roman rule and elimination of corruption among the tribal leaders and priests.
He is different because instead of adopting guerilla warfare, he used dialogue.
It still cost him his life.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Ndipe(m): 10:27pm On Nov 19, 2006
Not "One of the greatest men", but Jesus is the Greatest Man who ever lived in this world and He is still Alive!!!
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by IBEXY(m): 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2006
that depends from which religious platform u view it.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2006
IBEXY:

One of the greatest men that ever lived.
Unique in the sense that he left a lasting impression brought about by his message of peace and tolerance.

From another angle he was a great political figure.
He came at a time his people needed independence from oppressive Roman rule and elimination of corruption among the tribal leaders and priests.
He is different because instead of adopting guerilla warfare, he used dialogue.
It still cost him his life.

The scriptures tell us,he laid down his life.
That was the plan of God from the very foundation of the world.
May the Lord grant you understanding. smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Sista(f): 10:56pm On Nov 19, 2006
He is d Best dt had ever happend 2 mankind! Without Him life is slavery,bondage,tears and shame.HE IS MY 1st LOVE!

If we are going to use this a a description of Jesus, I would have to conclude that Jesus has been absent for a very very long time and Jesus is some type of fantasy and fictional character in our child like minds.

Not "One of the greatest men", but Jesus is the Greatest Man who ever lived in this world and He is still Alive!!!

Why is there always this fixation on the greatest man who ever lived? There were many great men who layed down their life for human kind. What about the greatest woman who ever lived?

I don't see how women can over look that God did not have women in mind as something great as well. This is why the planet is so out of balance, no one cares about the feminine aspect. We let man dictate everything while man continues to ignore that God made a woman also and man came out of the womans womb. His belly button clearly gives testimony to the fact that he came from the woman.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 19, 2006
wrong thread sista
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by IBEXY(m): 11:08pm On Nov 19, 2006
The scriptures tell us,he laid down his life.
That was the plan of God from the very foundation of the world.
May the Lord grant you understanding.  

Do u know what other people's scripture said about Jesus.
surely there were other writer apart from the scriptural writers.
I believe in a broad knowledge base about a topic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. / Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? / Jesus Christ Perform Solat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.