Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) (8975 Views)

Man Insults Glo, Ben Murray-Bruce Gives Epic Reply On Twitter / Epic Reply This Guy Gave Osinbajo On Twitter / Ben Murray-Bruce Kissing Dianne Feinstein, A USA Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by Politicalidiot: 11:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
Now I know #Change is truly far away from Nigeria's shores but we are getting there.

Okk some days back, I was privy to learn about the Newly proposed Bill before Congress aiming to weaken U.S patent laws on SaveTheInventor.com. Note that am a NIGERIAN so It’s none of my business but since am a tech guy, i decided to lend my voice to the issue.

So I went on the SaveTheInventor site to send an email to congress. I was asked to input my U.S zip code but since I am from Naija, I googled zip codes for Palo Alto, California and settled with 94305 (seen in the pic below):

after that, i was prompted to this interface to send a message:

and a further option to contact other senators with their contact nos.

This exchange happened some days back.

Now imagine my surprise today when on opening my Inbox today, I saw a message with the title "senator". Na so I say make i open am and I was shocked to see a reply by the U.S Senator Representing California - Sen. Dianne Feinstein.

Now for perspective, California is bigger and richer than Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan, Port-Harcourt and Onitsha combined so she must be pretty busy but she took the time out to respond to me, her supposedly constituent member:

After this, I quickly took a detour to our own http://nass.gov.ng and there was no contact number or email for anybody at all not even the common website administrator. Who cares about your opinion in Nigeria?

There is a reason why developed countries keep on marching forward. When people elect you in and you don't take their input, most of the laws we will be seeing are as ridiculous as the ones before the NASS today like "Allowing old men marry under-aged teens" supported by Sen. Yerima and his ilks.

Why am I saying all these? It doesn't matter whether you are a foreigner or not, The U.S congress listens e.g. Recently, we've got the U.S Congress to pass a bill to look into and help the Nigerian (Sub-Saharan) Power sector achieve power goals. See proof here- http://borgenproject.org/electrify-africa-act-bill/#/8

This goes to show that we as citizens can change the world in our own little ways and through the work we are doing at #Rep Commend, hopefully, such results could be produced in Nigeria through your help.

All rights reserved.
Note: This was a Research, is not illegal and constitutes "Fair Use".

107 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by jerryunit48: 11:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
In naija what they care about is how much money they can make

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by Nonybb: 11:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
You better mail to Buhari now

3 Likes

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by jmichlins(m): 11:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
Before the zoo chanting people will come let me tell you that america started practicing democracy long before us. Having said that, until we start voting the right people and not voting based on religion and tribe we will continue being shortchanged by the politicians. But i know we will get there cause if an igbo man can seek elective post in lag and maybe win, it means there is hope for true democracy to be rooted in our country. #GODBLESS9JA

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by femiranking28(m): 11:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
I have to share this your story

2 Likes

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by Janelle07(f): 11:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
They take life so easy...may God help our leaders

1 Like

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by Flexherbal(m): 11:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
Weldon ,brother. You have done well . It was a well detailed write up.

2 Likes

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by princefunmmy(m): 11:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
I've stopped bothering myself about the politics or leadership of this country, my own na make I see way make my money, forget all these mumu leaders wey we get...
senator that resides in Abuja and only visited their constituency for campaign

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by Olril18(m): 11:35pm On Mar 15, 2016
Nigeria is a zoo indeed, a shi.t hole of a country.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by chaberry(m): 11:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
Zooo

1 Like

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by MrHackmed1(m): 11:44pm On Mar 15, 2016
cool cool cool cool
Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by Tocheagle(m): 11:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
shocked
Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by amiskurie(m): 11:49pm On Mar 15, 2016
Don't forget to collect your GOLDEN GLOBE AWARD for mailing an American.

1 Like

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:52pm On Mar 15, 2016
This goes to show that Nigeria is way behind in technology. Don't be surprise that some so called Nigerian senators dnt know what at email address is and for those that might have one, The email is being managed by their so called PA who won't even reply any message sent to d mail.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by 16plus6is24(m): 11:52pm On Mar 15, 2016
To call Nigeria ZOO is insult to animals in well organized zoo. Nigeria can be aptly describe as ANIMAL KINGDOM, the 21century JURASSIC PARK

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by virud: 11:55pm On Mar 15, 2016
Auto-Reply... You were replied by a (_software,_) robot..

4 Likes

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by ZZ22: 12:03am On Mar 16, 2016
If its not about millions and billions of naira to loot and share.... PLS DONT DISTURB THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 16, 2016
virud:

How can u say that when you did not even go through the messages...
Young man donot try a counter argument here, the truth is this... Do Nigerians really have any means at all to communicate with their elected representatives

See in this part of the world government is too far from the electorate. They just win elections and the next time you see them around is when they are campaigning again... Its just pathetic

10 Likes

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by dan9ice(m): 12:28am On Mar 16, 2016
I no even read am cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by meccuno: 12:36am On Mar 16, 2016
virud:
do we Veven have a robot not to talk of the software

4 Likes

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by emiwanlee(m): 12:50am On Mar 16, 2016
Until we separate ourselves from the north and their sinister agenda, bros we are doomed

2 Likes

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by David0(m): 12:52am On Mar 16, 2016
US is 100yrs ahead. We ll get thr someday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by theshaderoom: 1:06am On Mar 16, 2016
Exactly what I keep saying! Our representatives don't even know what it is we want. They just go there to get money and forget about the people they are going to represent.

Another thing is that Nigerians we are very lackadastical about it. If a senator or house of rep member is not representing the constituents like he should, his people reserve the right to recall him and send someone else in his stead....

Chapter Five section 110 of the Nigerian constitution says

A member of the House of Assembly may be recalled as such a member if –

(a) there is presented to the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission a petition in that behalf signed by more than one-half of the persons registered to vote in that members’s constituency alleging their loss of confidence in that member; and

(b) the petition is thereafter, in a referendum conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission within ninety days of the date of the receipt of the petition, approved by a simple majority of the votes of the persons registered to vote in that member’s constituency.

but Nigerians don't know that so we all die in ignorance

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by Nobody: 1:23am On Mar 16, 2016
When I keep on calling the blacks pigs, animals, savages and a mockery to humanoid existence ... Some kids that know absolutely nothing , will come out to insult their fathers ..... Africa has a fundamental problem.... Many a times I won't even blame the senators.... If this platform is created I can bet my life.... Many of youths will rather use it as a means to start begging for money from them, or start using it as a means to beg for them to be co opted into political thuggery .... The black mind has a fundamental problem.... Viz : selfishness,greed, apathy for societal norms, the black mind is programmed to be concerned about himself and what he will eat today , nothing else.... Posterity can perish for all he cares.....

The Black race is a curse to humanity..... *I spit on the black race *

Theshaderoom , who says nobody knows? Of course they do.... But as customary, once the senators gives some keymen some cash....they are all fine..... When he doesn't... That's when you know they know the law....

BTW. The face time I learnt ofvrecalling was when a constituency in rivers were making the move..... Because sharing formulae wasn't obeyed..... Soon afterwards nobody heard it again..... #BlacksAreCursed#

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by Nobody: 1:42am On Mar 16, 2016
theshaderoom:
Exactly what I keep saying! Our representatives don't even know what it is we want. They just go there to get money and forget about the people they are going to represent.
Another thing is that Nigerians we are very lackadastical about it. If a senator or house of rep member is not representing the constituents like he should, his people reserve the right to recall him and send someone else in his stead....
Chapter Five section 110 of the Nigerian constitution says
A member of the House of Assembly may be recalled as such a member if –
(a) there is presented to the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission a petition in that behalf signed by more than one-half of the persons registered to vote in that members’s constituency alleging their loss of confidence in that member; and
(b) the petition is thereafter, in a referendum conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission within ninety days of the date of the receipt of the petition, approved by a simple majority of the votes of the persons registered to vote in that member’s constituency.

but Nigerians don't know that so we all die in ignorance

Even we the people don't know what we want and many people complaining won't do any better if elected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by mekonglobal(m): 2:20am On Mar 16, 2016
embarassed We re still very much behind n those who call themselves leaders is not even helping matters in terms of social improvement rather its bad ones they re learning like more sophiscated way of money laundering.
Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by seunny4lif(m): 2:46am On Mar 16, 2016
Not new to me
If I send mail to police now and they will reply me before 2 mins ..
If I call police number here and I don't talk to dem
They will call back and if I don't pick shocked
2mins 3 police cars will be here now now
To make matter worst If it's children voice then dat one na gobe o Oooh
I remember when my friend's kid mistake dial police num shocked shocked
Since dat day I started respecting German Polizei
12 polizie storm thier house grin grin
If they knock my door and I don't reply them

12 Likes

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by onismate: 2:56am On Mar 16, 2016
that is Nigeria for you, our Mr common sense rarely replies me sef

1 Like

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by Nobody: 4:54am On Mar 16, 2016
Efficiency is such a turn on wink
Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by stzy(m): 5:02am On Mar 16, 2016
Ilike that fellow cursing blackrace... Yes Blacks hav fundamental problem n I hav come2 think it has something 2 do with evolution... We js evolved into humans yestaday n lik animals we care hugely 4 our basic needs nothing more
Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by ziccoit: 5:03am On Mar 16, 2016
You illegally obtained information by impersonating a US citizen and came online to boast about the crime you committed. What do you think a US citizen reading this would say about you? You should have kept your findings to yourself. Nigerians soiling the image of Nigeria since time immemorial.

4 Likes

Re: I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos) by DBossNG(m): 5:20am On Mar 16, 2016
Naija my Naija! I pray you will grow up someday as you grow old.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re-establishment Of Police Ministry To Address Insecurity — Minister / Minister Of Agriculture Son Proved That 30 Naira Is Ok To Feed For A Day- Photo / Hausas And Nupes Occupied Onitsha Before The Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.