Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:50 AM

Nigerians And Gender Equality. Why The Bill Failed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians And Gender Equality. Why The Bill Failed (959 Views)

No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's / Rejection Of Gender Equality Bill: You Are Wrong, Itodo Tells Senate / Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And Gender Equality. Why The Bill Failed by Drksly(m): 2:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
It's no longer news that our well meaning senators for and against change has refused to allow the bill for gender equity/equality see daylight

This has not gone down well with some Nigerians who took to various social media outlets to express their disappointment

However for me, rather than disappointment, I wud ve been surprised if the bill passed in the presence of Dino Melaye who recently preferred Nigerian women over their Caucasian counterparts due to their economic nature

Or a president who dnt even take hand shakes from black women

Or Emirs who champion the Union of underage girls

Or senators who re scared of the reduction of the size of their balls if the bill saw daylight

Nigeria is still in the 19th century, and still held ransom to religious beliefs that do not support gender equality. Even some of our polygamous governors won't support it

They prefer lording over women than simply creating policies to better the lives of their citizens.
No wonder sme of them wants to import grass.

Until we stop dancing when an alleged thief is burnt
Until we stop rejoicing when a homosexual person is lynched

Until we take issues of rape and molestation seriously

Until we realize that as men, gender equity does not shrink our balls but rather help it survive
Until then...

We will get it right someday but not until then...
Drkslyexcel

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Gender Equality. Why The Bill Failed by Demzlent(m): 2:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
Na wa for this country always hiding behind religion
Re: Nigerians And Gender Equality. Why The Bill Failed by KissCODE(m): 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
Well i am glad the bill failed because passing gender equality bill means total handing over Nigeria to women.

As a matter of fact & truth; gender equality is anti nature, it is anti African & it is anti creation.

God did not create women and men to be equal per se. God handed the world & all He created to the man then He handed the man over to the woman. Never forget that “women rule men that rule the world.“

Any woman that knows her worth and plays her role well by submitting to a man RULES & CONTROLS the man. She can turn the man into anything she wishes.

Sponsoring that bill in the first place is a big error. Nigerians must not copy everybad thing from America. We should not forget who we are because we want to be called civilisd nation.

Let us copy their technological advancement, let us copy those things that will bring positve change to our children unborn not gender equality & homosexuality that will destroy everything that made us African.

The speed in which we chase the Americans in their life style is what has turned our celebrities in bunch divorce machines.

Tell me how many contries in the world that has passed such bill.

Nigeria‘s problem is not gender unequality but our lack of staying put in our God given position either as a man or a man.

I stand by our SENATE on this...
Re: Nigerians And Gender Equality. Why The Bill Failed by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
Drksly:
It's no longer news that our well meaning senators for and against change has refused to allow the bill for gender equity/equality see daylight

This has not gone down well with some Nigerians who took to various social media outlets to express their disappointment

However for me, rather than disappointment, I wud ve been surprised if the bill passed in the presence of Dino Melaye who recently preferred Nigerian women over their Caucasian counterparts due to their economic nature

Or a president who dnt even take hand shakes from black women

Or Emirs who champion the Union of underage girls

Or senators who re scared of the reduction of the size of their balls if the bill saw daylight

Nigeria is still in the 19th century, and still held ransom to religious beliefs that do not support gender equality. Even some of our polygamous governors won't support it

They prefer lording over women than simply creating policies to better the lives of their citizens.
No wonder sme of them wants to import grass.

Until we stop dancing when an alleged thief is burnt
Until we stop rejoicing when a homosexual person is lynched

Until we take issues of rape and molestation seriously

Until we realize that as men, gender equity does not shrink our balls but rather help it survive
Until then...

We will get it right someday but not until then...
Drkslyexcel

Schooled but not educated. The bill is redundant. Period. Na you civilise pass Mr. 30th century.
Re: Nigerians And Gender Equality. Why The Bill Failed by Drksly(m): 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
Why should a man be scared of women rights protection? Is not like the bill is saying we should donate our balls
Timbuktou:

Schooled but not educated. The bill is redundant. Period. Na you civilise pass Mr. 30th century.
Re: Nigerians And Gender Equality. Why The Bill Failed by solemate: 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
KissCODE:
Well i am glad the bill failed because passing gender equality bill means total handing over Nigeria to women.

As a matter of fact & truth; gender equality is anti nature, it is anti African & it is anti creation.

God did not create women and men to be equal per se. God handed the world & all He created to the man then He handed the man over to the woman. Never forget that “women rule men that rule the world.“

Any woman that knows her worth and plays her role well by submitting to a man RULES & CONTROLS the man. She can turn the man into anything she wishes.

Sponsoring that bill in the first place is a big error. Nigerians must not copy everybad thing from America. We should not forget who we are because we want to be called civilisd nation.

Let us copy their technological advancement, let us copy those things that will bring positve change to our children unborn not gender equality & homosexuality that will destroy everything that made us African.

The speed in which we chase the Americans in their life style is what has turned our celebrities in bunch divorce machines.

Tell me how many contries in the world that has passed such bill.

Nigeria‘s problem is not gender unequality but our lack of staying put in our God given position either as a man or a man.

I stand by our SENATE on this...

Thank you very much and God bless you. Everyone wants freedom. first it was gay marriage, now gender equality. Only god knows how Nigeria will look like if such dirty bill is passed.
Re: Nigerians And Gender Equality. Why The Bill Failed by KissCODE(m): 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2016
solemate:

Thank you very much and God bless you. Everyone wants freedom. first it was gay marriage, now gender equality. Only god knows how Nigeria will look like if such dirty bill is passed.
the problem of the black man from Nigeria is low self esteem. Thats why we stopped producing anything and went after made in USA & Britain. When their production power failed we headed to Taiwan then now is China. We import everything.
Now we must also import their culturelessness. We import their nudity & call is fashion. We have imported all the bad things in white man‘s land.
Now someone wants us to also import “selling ourselves finally to women for nothing.“ To bad
Re: Nigerians And Gender Equality. Why The Bill Failed by orunto27: 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
Few of Nigerian women can operate without warlocks around them. And the few become boring witches very often.
Re: Nigerians And Gender Equality. Why The Bill Failed by udumosam23(m): 4:13pm On Mar 16, 2016
I don't understand what some people think when gender equality is mentioned. Some even make quotations from the religious books buttress their point that men are superior to women. Like seriously this nation need reorientation.

Women are by nature wives because that's their place and men are husbands because that's also their place.

If by chance it is the woman that is employed and the man is jobless in a home, it doesn't make the woman husband or the man wife.

African men are just too proud, little wonder they never make a good home.

What makes you think you're more intelligent than your wife? Without her can you even run a home hitch free?

Don't you think if she can manage the home she can also manage the society or nation if she has the opportunity?

Women has potentials let's give them the opportunity, we have the will strength, we can always put them in check. It is a weak husband that is always intimidated by his wife.

A true leader must not always lead from the top, he can also lead from the bottom.

Most women have done pretty well even where men has failed. Yet here we are condemning them.

In fact, I'll not vote for a man come 2019, I'll vote a woman.
Re: Nigerians And Gender Equality. Why The Bill Failed by Drksly(m): 9:03am On Mar 17, 2016
TG
udumosam23:
I don't understand what some people think when gender equality is mentioned. Some even make quotations from the religious books buttress their point that men are superior to women. Like seriously this nation need reorientation.

Women are by nature wives because that's their place and men are husbands because that's also their place.

If by chance it is the woman that is employed and the man is jobless in a home, it doesn't make the woman husband or the man wife.

African men are just too proud, little wonder they never make a good home.

What makes you think you're more intelligent than your wife? Without her can you even run a home hitch free?

Don't you think if she can manage the home she can also manage the society or nation if she has the opportunity?

Women has potentials let's give them the opportunity, we have the will strength, we can always put them in check. It is a weak husband that is always intimidated by his wife.

A true leader must not always lead from the top, he can also lead from the bottom.

Most women have done pretty well even where men has failed. Yet here we are condemning them.

In fact, I'll not vote for a man come 2019, I'll vote a woman.

Spot on

(1) (Reply)

See Pics Of 4 Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers 4 Kidnapping,Raping & Killing A Lady / Release Ugochinyere Now, Reps Order DSS / Government Promises NLC 45,000 Minimum Wages To Be Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.