Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Nigerians Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Again (1460 Views)

PMB Embarrasses Nigerians Again / Tanker Crash: Nigerians Again Rush For Fuel A Week After More Than 100 Died / Nigerians Again: NYC Temp Accused Of Stealing Identities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Again by JustGood(m): 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2009
Re: Nigerians Again by JustGood(m): 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2009
Are we the only people in the world? Is our country the only poor nation on earth?

Wedding cellsBy SIMON HUGHES
Chief Investigative Reporter

Published: Today
THESE two brides were arrested and held in police cells yesterday as cops smashed a sham marriage racket.
The handcuffed pair - one in a full-length white wedding dress and the other wearing a white trouser suit - were nicked as they travelled together in the same car towards two different village churches.

Their intended husbands were picked up in a separate swoop as Operation Latham was carried out near Bradford, West Yorks, by a task force of police and the UK Border Agency.

One investigator said: "We were the wedding guests they definitely did not want to see."

Ten other people from Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Nigeria were also arrested.

Four were believed to be ringleaders of a gang organising marriages between East European women living in the UK, and Nigerian men who could then stay in EU nations.

The bridegrooms were said to have paid £15,000 to get wed. The women cannot be identified.
Re: Nigerians Again by blacksta(m): 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2009
It is called survival of the fittest - when their is nothing back home - it is sad but to be expected.
Re: Nigerians Again by Kobojunkie: 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2009
What did they do wrong? Am I missing something here??
Re: Nigerians Again by JustGood(m): 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2009
@blacksta, why are we always involved in crime? Various forms of criminal activities.
Re: Nigerians Again by JustGood(m): 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2009
Why do are we mentioned in respect of most kinds of crime?

There are poorer nations than Nigeria and their citizens get more respect than Nigerians get.
Re: Nigerians Again by Becomrich: 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2009
I dont understand nigerian sometime. Why cant they get married for real if they want to stay. Is tai solarin not a nigerian , he was married to a white woman.  A woman who is going to be good does not care the colour of skin.  I saw her may years ago as a child at mayflower ikenne when i went to take the exam.

Re: Nigerians Again by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2009
Well, they paid their bribe, I mean, bridegroom price and all they wanted to do was get married. lol
Re: Nigerians Again by redsun(m): 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2009
All that fucking money wasted for nothing.
Re: Nigerians Again by RichyBlacK(m): 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2009
15,000 pounds?

That shows the sorry state of Nigeria!

That 15,000 pounds is no guarantee that any plan one has will work in that country.

Nigeria has no government, just thieves and animals in human skin.
Re: Nigerians Again by blacksta(m): 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2009
hard earned money washing toilet and cleaning train stations - Only God know how many hours of work be that

let do some calculation

Illegal immigrant working at train station maybe earning £7.00 per hour after all deductions maybe u get £5.20 per hour

so £15,000 / 5.20

= 2885 Hours of Work
Re: Nigerians Again by Becomrich: 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2009
if you were in redeemed church more than 15 years ago. you may remember Kunle Olowojure he was in freedom hall.

Re: Nigerians Again by blacksta(m): 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2009
Becomrich:

if you were in redeemed church more than 15 years ago. you may remember Kunle Olowojure he was in freedom hall.

Are u saying this a sham marriage.
Re: Nigerians Again by bgees(m): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2009
i don't get it. what have they done wrong?
Re: Nigerians Again by Becomrich: 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2009
No , I am not saying it is sham marriage. I was at the wedding. Even they did not meet in canada. He was a pastor in denmark and like her and they came to canada to get married. Still married and he as been on canadian television before, even on david mane 100 huntley street.

My point is you can marry a white woman and be happy. A good woman is not the colour of the skin. you can marry a naija woman and you would live in hell. Even most nigerian men live in hell already.

So if you meet a white woman and you like her, why not marry her. Who told you the one you bring from nigeria would better.

Kunle wife is white. She kneel down like yoruba women. I have see her do that. She wear yoruba cloth. And she wash her husband cloth. she is not abusive to her husband. She love her husband. And they are happy married. And she is white.
Re: Nigerians Again by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2009
what's so special about him?

Nigerian men/white women marriages are nothing new. Some work and some dont, just like every other relationship.

However, I dont know why a lot of naija guys nowadays prefer to pay for sham marriages rather than have real ones.

Maybe its not that easy to find foreigners to marry? Or they simply prefer naija women and only marry foreigners in the meantime, to get their stay or some financial benefits.
Re: Nigerians Again by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2009
blacksta:

hard earned money washing toilet and cleaning train stations - Only God know how many hours of work be that

let do some calculation

Illegal immigrant working at train station maybe earning £7.00 per hour after all deductions maybe u get £5.20 per hour

so £15,000 / 5.20

= 2885 Hours of Work

the funds are probably borrowed but most times they pay on credit.
Re: Nigerians Again by MrCrackles(m): 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2009
Topic
No be Nigerians? grin
Always in the news for the wrong reasons. . . . . .and maybe one or two right reasons! grin
Re: Nigerians Again by Beaf: 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2009
The reason why the womens faces are blacked out is that, no crime has been proven (that is also why the news article says the women cannot be identified).
It is usually impossible to proove illegal marriages, except the couple either, live apart in the first 2 years or give suspicious answers.

Exploiting a legal loophole is not a crime. None of these folk will go to jail, except they aren't clever.
Re: Nigerians Again by Becomrich: 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2009
here is my joke.

When they go to club, how can they find real white one. The real one cant be smooking in the club house. open your eyes.

Your first question you should ask her. Do you believe in God,  if she says NO. next,

Next question which church do you go to? I went to church 2 years ago. NExt.

Next question are you born again and when what date. , never. Next

next question do you want to have children? hell No,  Next

if yes, 

How many children do you want to have? If she give you any number below the total number your grand mother had which was 43. Answer Next. I am joking. 3 is okay.

but some white women have many children over here. I have seen 9 children from a white woman before. Some white would prefer to continue to have baby. One had so many in the USA. the doctors had to report the thing on CNN.

Can you wash my cloth? Hell No, Next. You dont want a wife who can not wash your cloth because if you are sick, she would leave you to die.

Next question will you like to try amala and egusi? Hell No. Next. You want a wife that can try your food. just like you try hers.

I have no time, may be in the everning. I have to go for a meeting. remain blessed.
Re: Nigerians Again by GEW: 5:54pm On Jul 21, 2009
tpia.:

what's so special about him?

Nigerian men/white women marriages are nothing new. Some work and some dont, just like every other relationship.

However, I dont know why a lot of naija guys nowadays prefer to pay for sham marriages rather than have real ones.

Maybe its not that easy to find foreigners to marry? Or they simply prefer naija women and only marry foreigners in the meantime, to get their stay or some financial benefits.
some cannot do without the naija food.
Re: Nigerians Again by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 21, 2009
Becomrich:

do you have children when resident paper  is your reason. you dont.

some of them do, oh. undecided

In fact, lots of half "naija" kids born for paper.

That's why I say (like Sunday Adelaja) sometimes its not about how you were born, but the fact that God decided it was time for you to be born, in spite of your parents.
Re: Nigerians Again by redsun(m): 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2009
RichyBlacK:

15,000 pounds?

That shows the sorry state of Nigeria!

That 15,000 pounds is no guarantee that any plan one has will work in that country.

Nigeria has no government, just thieves and animals in human skin.

Honestly with 15 thousand pounds,a smart down to earth individual can set up for good in nigeria.

Nigeria is a place where anybody with slightest ideas and determination can live like a king.Forget about nigerian idea of blings in the jungle,people living above their means without investments.
Re: Nigerians Again by presido1: 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2009
The amount was inflated, noway such marriage will cost more than 5k. All those hungry east europeans that will even jump up for 2k.
Re: Nigerians Again by platinumnk(f): 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2009
redsun:

Honestly with 15 thousand pounds,a smart down to earth individual can set up for good in nigeria.

Nigeria is a place where anybody with slightest ideas and determination can live like a king.Forget about nigerian idea of blings in the jungle,people living above their means without investments.

while the rest of the people starve ehh?

@becoomerich- ure funny o! grin
Re: Nigerians Again by Gbawe: 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2009
bgees:

i don't get it. what have they done wrong?

As far as I know the police , including those in anything-can-happen Nigeria , are not in the habit of going around and arresting brides and bridegrooms to-be. Even as it is not explicitly stated it can be reasonably inferred that , after investigative work , the Police , on this occasion, have simply arrested those involved in a bogus and illegal marriage scam.
Re: Nigerians Again by samparian(m): 4:40am On Jul 22, 2009
Nigerians are not the only ones guilty of such offences.

Every nationality is guilty of such.
Go to Naija and see Lebanese, Liberians, Sudanese, Chadians etc marrying Nigerians to be citizens

But the amount is too much, just to live abroad. Many Nigerian enterprenuers dont own that much and they are doing okay. grin
Re: Nigerians Again by redsun(m): 9:10am On Jul 22, 2009
The people can't starve if they can reason at all and be ready to get their hands dirty in a good way.Basic cassava planting,harvesting,processing and distributing can keep one going in that fucking country.

We have to go back to the grassroots and leave those concrete jungles called cities and be realistic.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos - Das Tägliche Wunder (the Daily Wonder) / Cote d'Ivoire : Alasan Ouattara Rebels Atrocities In Their Northern Stronghold / Buhari Weeps •it’s A Public Show Of Shame - Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.