Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Good Day... I Need Candid Advise Concerning National Open University Degrees - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Good Day... I Need Candid Advise Concerning National Open University Degrees (723 Views)

430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria / Top 10 Most Useless University Degrees 2016 / Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Day... I Need Candid Advise Concerning National Open University Degrees by DJBIGGY(m): 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2016
Good day everybody. I need to know if it is possible to use National Open University (NOUN) Post graduate degree to get a lecturing job? I have applied different universities within the past three years but unfortunately, i pass their exam and no admission will be given. With the situation of our federal university where admission is given to the highest bidder and connections, i am tempted to pick up a form with NOUN to enroll in their postgraduate studies.

Lecturing is a profession i envision myself doing in the next few years as i have deep love for it. My fear is that it might be difficult to get a lecturing job with it after graduation.

There might be people here who have schooled there and used their degrees to get good jobs. I just need candid advises cos there is nothing i hate more than spending money in vain.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Good Day... I Need Candid Advise Concerning National Open University Degrees by abayomi93(m): 8:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
My bother,I understand your pain.for me,I think you should try,study harder to get admitted into any of our conventional universities.National open university is seen as a satellite kind of university.for now,the school's style is not yet accepted by other universities.except you wish to lecture in NOUN,I don't think you should do your post graduate there.If you wish to secure office employments with ur postgraduate,you could run your programme there.but for lecturing sake,I don't think you should.
Re: Good Day... I Need Candid Advise Concerning National Open University Degrees by DJBIGGY(m): 10:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
abayomi93:
My bother,I understand your pain.for me,I think you should try,study harder to get admitted into any of our conventional universities.National open university is seen as a satellite kind of university.for now,the school's style is not yet accepted by other universities.except you wish to lecture in NOUN,I don't think you should do your post graduate there.If you wish to secure office employments with ur postgraduate,you could run your programme there.but for lecturing sake,I don't think you should.

men thanks... i am still not giving up on that but just weighing options... How can qualified people write exams and not be given what they are due. This country is just not conducive
Re: Good Day... I Need Candid Advise Concerning National Open University Degrees by babyfaceafrica: 12:48am On Mar 17, 2016
Guy forget NOUN if you want a lecturing job...find a good federal university or travel abroad for your post graduate studies.and please forget all this highest bidder nonsense...read well and pass their entrace exams and you will be admitted,just make sure you choose a course you are comfortable wit,because the mistake some graduates make is that they want to change from a course in which they are not grounded well in the bachelors degree.for example an englisg graduate that wants to do masters in political science will find it a little bit difficult passing ,also a philosophy students that wants to do law and diplomacy..go with what you know
Re: Good Day... I Need Candid Advise Concerning National Open University Degrees by DJBIGGY(m): 6:40am On Mar 17, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Guy forget NOUN if you want a lecturing job...find a good federal university or travel abroad for your post graduate studies.and please forget all this highest bidder nonsense...read well and pass their entrace exams and you will be admitted,just make sure you choose a course you are comfortable wit,because the mistake some graduates make is that they want to change from a course in which they are not grounded well in the bachelors degree.for example an englisg graduate that wants to do masters in political science will find it a little bit difficult passing ,also a philosophy students that wants to do law and diplomacy..go with what you know

I love this... I got a 2/1 in mass comm, want to study MSC in mass comm and admission is not forthcoming.... If I don't pass their exams I would not be worried sef... Well maybe its not yet my time to study in Nigeria. Yankee is the way
Re: Good Day... I Need Candid Advise Concerning National Open University Degrees by babyfaceafrica: 6:56am On Mar 17, 2016
DJBIGGY:

I love this... I got a 2/1 in mass comm, want to study MSC in mass comm and admission is not forthcoming.... If I don't pass their exams I would not be worried sef... Well maybe its not yet my time to study in Nigeria. Yankee is the way
why nat give it one more shot if possible,6oms will be sold june/july try Ui and unilag,you might be lucky this time

(1) (Reply)

Landmark University Announce 2016/2017 Post-utme Registration / Microsoft Dynamics Ax Financial Online Training In Usa|dubai / Fees Update For Post Graduate Studies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.