Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,432 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) (41743 Views)

Gov Okorocha And Wife Defy Downpour,inspect Project Under The Rain In Owerri(pix / Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) / Imo Still Reeks Of Filth, As Garbage Heaps Take Over Owerri- PIX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by silkytouch(m): 7:33pm On Mar 17, 2016
obailala:
But why is Nigeria even like this?... Is it that none of our 'big businessmen' can float a massive retail chain like shoprite?... The way we celebrate shoprite, sometimes I find it embarrassing.

God bless your entire generation for this comment!
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by sinistermind(m): 7:34pm On Mar 17, 2016
diva90:
Where in owerri is this shoprite?

Mbaise Rd, around Egbu
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by executioner27: 7:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
Sibrah:
Our govt always commissioning Shoprites and malls that will sell us 95% foreign goods. . .
I await the day they will start commisioning malls targetted at displaying tax free local goods. . .
We celebrate malls and not factories, astheatics and not features. . .
When we buy foreign goods we indirectly pay a foreign labourer. . .
When we buy foreign goods we indirectly buy foreign raw material. . .
When we buy foreign goods we indirectly buy a foreign patent. . .
When we buy foreign goods we indirectly pay a foreign economy tax. . .
When we buy foreign goods we directly pass our capital to a foreigner whose less likely to pass it back to us. . .
Promote, support and buy Naija-made goods . . .

This is soooo not true. Go and do your home work proper. Shoprite sells at least 90% Nigerian items. Households to toiletries to provisions. Even the furniture is Nigeria. Carpenters with finesse make them furniture.

One the Nigerian being the owner of a chain store...like someone mentioned...we never loot oil and politics money finish. However, we have the likes of Ebeano and De Prince both in Lagos (Igbo Brothers), we also have Addide (my brother too. but may not be Igbo)...but sadly these Nigerian retail stores stock foreign products. Look at their products u will see the container itself having prices in pounds. you will also notice UAE made items clearly. These r where we have the 95% foreign. Not in Shoprite.

Then...y is this Owerri shoprite feat being given to Okorocha? is he d one that told them to come. This ppl made their bizness survey. The best the governor may have done is to sell or lease the land to them. if the land isnt privately owned. its not Rochas that brought them...dont even bring him in. Just leave him at that cutting of tape to open the shoprite.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by truthspeaks: 7:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
So because of shoprite. Ur current location must sumtin else like in d dark ages. Let's stop embarrassing dis country. No biggy in floatin retail stores.
Jaycool18:
Nice one, Can't wait to visit there..

Hope they'll do bonanza
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by truthspeaks: 7:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
So because of shoprite u cnt wait 2 visit right? Ur current location must sumtin else like in d dark ages. Let's stop embarrassing dis country. No biggy in floatin retail stores.
Jaycool18:
Nice one, Can't wait to visit there..

Hope they'll do bonanza
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by truthspeaks: 7:47pm On Mar 17, 2016
D same imo ppl dat will slap rochas for betrayin them. D rochas dat was attacked in d UK. grin. Anyway, u r doing ur paid job but js2 tel u dat dis propaganda ain't wrkin
ujoatu:
Imo people are grateful to the Governor for attracting Shoprite to the State.

1 Like

Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by truthspeaks: 7:50pm On Mar 17, 2016
Wch ppl biko grin grin. Am sure only u be 'community' grin grin
obiapkor:
my governor, my governor, keep on with your good works,because, God is on your side,no matter the evil plans of your detractors we the people are by your side.

1 Like

Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by CharliParker: 7:53pm On Mar 17, 2016
Nice one, pls my Gov my Gov we need more of industries, factory etc
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by Babayoutoomuch(f): 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
But why is Nigeria even like this?... Is it that none of our 'big businessmen' can float a massive retail chain like shoprite?... The way we celebrate shoprite, sometimes I find it embarrassing.

Thank you oooo
How can executive governor be commissioning shop rite.This south African self is taking Nigerians for granted too much.

1 Like

Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by 2n2k(m): 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2016
The governor did not go there to open Shoprite. He went to commission OWERRI MALL owned by Chikwe. Shoprite is just one of the major tenants in the mall. There are other tenants.

1 Like

Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by BeauHomme: 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2016
Governors be commissioning Shoprite malls upandan! Like shopping mall is now the most people oriented project. Without empowering the people and reviving the economy of these states, I pity for the future fate of these malls

2 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by sirlop(m): 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2016
ujoatu:
You are crazy. Shoprite is spreading to all the 36 states in Nigeria. How did Rochas attract it?

1 Like

Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by loomer: 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Rochas is working

Willie is fvkcking

Na govt get shoprite?
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by InvertedHammer: 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2016
obailala:
/
It is not just Nigeria. It is one of the curses of being blacks. Studies show that money will exchange hands about 26x within a Jewish community before going out. But money stays an average of 6mins in a black's hand before he/she runs out shopping and gives it out to someone from a different race who is always trying to sell him/her some mundane materials.

Nigerians love to shop whether they have money or not -- pursuit of things to use to cover what ails them psychologically.
/
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by kurt09(m): 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2016
ujoatu:
Location pls
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by kurt09(m): 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
ujoatu:
I call on all Imo industrialists and business men and women to invest in Imo State. We will encourage them like i have ensured that no administrative bottle neck or obstruction of any kind derailed this project.
I believe in the Imo Project. This is why i cited some of my businesses here even before being Governor. I have encouraged my children and relatives to do the same. This is the only state we can call our own and must do everything to ensure its progress - Gov Rochas Okorocha
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by 2sexycom(m): 8:19pm On Mar 17, 2016
If you are imolite, an you celebrate this nonsense, you definitely need a brain transplant. Look at what Willie has accomplished and compare it to Rochas and bury your heard in shame like an ostrich
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by JUBILEE2000: 8:23pm On Mar 17, 2016
Sibrah:
Our govt always commissioning Shoprites and malls that will sell us 95% foreign goods. . .
I await the day they will start commisioning malls targetted at displaying tax free local goods. . .
When we buy foreign goods we directly pass our capital to a foreigner whose less likely to pass it back to us. . .

the computer u are using to type this thing was it locally made
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by giles14(m): 8:23pm On Mar 17, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Rochas is working

Willie is fvkcking
as expected from d average lowlife imolite.
Onitsha mall twice if not more bigger than shoprite has jst been completed
.nnewi n akwa shoprite complex 90%complete even failed to add dat Onitsha also has a shoprite complex.
every thing in owerri na d only town were dey imo self

1 Like

Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by Doubleoo(m): 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
Few weeks ago I saw a post on Facebook that ridiculed the ondo state government for the warm welcoming of Shoprite to the state. I felt it is a good criticism, but unfortunately, it was a bias political point.

Ondo state is under the PDP government, and the poster is a die-hard APC supporter, which means that the poster was only trying to cajole the people of the state with fallacies.

Today, a notable APC governor commissioned Shoprite in his state and people start commending him for bringing the giant retail into the state.

I haven't posted here for a while but immediately I saw how people applaud him (the governor?) My mind tells me that APC is EVIL, and they see nothing good in other political parties.

If my assertion is wrong, then I want you people to come up with valid points that justify Imo state government for commissioning Shoprite in the state
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by Jaycool18(m): 8:39pm On Mar 17, 2016
truthspeaks:
So because of shoprite. Ur current location must sumtin else like in d dark ages. Let's stop embarrassing dis country. No biggy in floatin retail stores.
FYI fuckbwoy m in owerri, I know the term shopping sounds strange to u but it's alright. Save up so maybe you'll be able to afford a toothbrush from shop rite...

nigga can't even type well wtf is "ur current location must sumtin else like in d dark ages" don't u ever in ur miserable life quote me again

Aight mods m ready for another ban...
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by eric111111(m): 8:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
Imo Must be better.
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by truthspeaks: 8:58pm On Mar 17, 2016
Wow, I see u have anger issues to deal with. See hw u jst shot urslf in d foot grin grin. If u cnt read btw d lines n comprehend, then am sure it's a miracle u hv a mobile fone 2 surf d net. Meanwhile, check d nearest shoprite to u incase u dnt hv enuf 2 visit O town. grin grin.
Jaycool18:
FYI fuckbwoy m in owerri, I know the term shopping sounds strange to u but it's alright. Save up so maybe you'll be able to afford a toothbrush from shop rite...

nigga can't even type well wtf is "ur current location must sumtin else like in d dark ages" don't u ever in ur miserable life quote me again

Aight mods m ready for another ban...
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by beewealth(f): 9:00pm On Mar 17, 2016
Lol...nawa for u oo wink
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by KingRex1(m): 9:07pm On Mar 17, 2016
Sibrah:
I dont see ur point bro.. Shoprite sells naija products at zero VAT, thus encouraging us to buy more local stuffs. Dont blame shoprite for selling foreign stuffs, we should blame ourslvs.. Cus wer drs foreign goods demand, shoprite avails the supply.
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by xyndeepearl: 9:19pm On Mar 17, 2016
obailala:
peter obi did in abuja....when u goto abuja det dnt even celebrate shoprite....all they know is "next cash an carry"

1 Like

Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by Mezuzah(m): 9:27pm On Mar 17, 2016
To Kema Chikwe 's husband kudos to you. Indigenous shopping chain store loading in Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi this year. Indeed WWW. If you are from The Light State you will understand.

1 Like

Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by anomsodi(m): 9:41pm On Mar 17, 2016
D Iand wia shoprite is site in owerri was a Iand propose by ndubiuise kanu d then gov
wia d eke ukwu market d main mkt in owerri wiII be reIocated bt due to Iack of foIIow up by subsequent govt d project was abadone n chief chikwe d contractor heId to d Iand
now D Iand hav been used for another purpose n d main mkt nid to be expanded

dis project is a bane to owerri expansion

1 Like

Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by plendil: 9:49pm On Mar 17, 2016
executioner27:

This is soooo not true. Go and do your home work proper. Shoprite sells at least 90% Nigerian items. Households to toiletries to provisions. Even the furniture is Nigeria. Carpenters with finesse make them furniture.

One the Nigerian being the owner of a chain store...like someone mentioned...we never loot oil and politics money finish. However, we have the likes of Ebeano and De Prince both in Lagos (Igbo Brothers), we also have Addide (my brother too. but may not be Igbo)...but sadly these Nigerian retail stores stock foreign products. Look at their products u will see the container itself having prices in pounds. you will also notice UAE made items clearly. These r where we have the 95% foreign. Not in Shoprite.

Then...y is this Owerri shoprite feat being given to Okorocha? is he d one that told them to come. This ppl made their bizness survey. The best the governor may have done is to sell or lease the land to them. if the land isnt privately owned. its not Rochas that brought them...dont even bring him in. Just leave him at that cutting of tape to open the shoprite.

90% nigerian items in shoprite?? Except no be shoprite I don visit. Yes they do have some made in nigeria, but it no where 90%. probably about 40-60%, usually items like fresh food products and some consumables.
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by opribo(m): 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2016
Rocha's we know but APC is allien in the SE
Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by Abagworo(m): 10:29pm On Mar 17, 2016
anomsodi:
D Iand wia shoprite is site in owerri was a Iand propose by ndubiuise kanu d then gov
wia d eke ukwu market d main mkt in owerri wiII be reIocated bt due to Iack of foIIow up by subsequent govt d project was abadone n chief chikwe d contractor heId to d Iand
now D Iand hav been used for another purpose n d main mkt nid to be expanded

dis project is a bane to owerri expansion

Owerri people rejected relocation of "Eke onuwa osisi" market on tradocultural grounds and that has affected the reconstruction of Douglas Road as well. Okorocha played a key role in approving the land for the Mall despite the person involved being a PDP man. Both Achike Udenwa and Ohakim denied the man the use of the land which equally delayed the take off of the project until it Okorocha emerged.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Okorocha Commissions Shoprite In Owerri (pix) by coputa(m): 10:32pm On Mar 17, 2016
ujoatu:
Is this lack of exposure or what, that was how one of our senator thanked Jonathan for bringing Facebook to Nigeria,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

State Chief Of Protocol's Children Visit Buhari During Sallah In Daura. Photos / Buhari Greets President Xi Jinping Of China / Buhari Returns To Nigeria On Sunday, Resumes Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.