Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,074 members, 7,821,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Python Django Android... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Python Django Android... (3405 Views)

Let's Build A Simple Blog With Python(django) / Please Review My Price comparison engine / Python-django Can Now Be Ran On Your Android Through Qpython... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Python Django Android... by emilykel(m): 3:17pm On Mar 17, 2016
if you're interested in django and are comfortable using it on your android, then you can run it on Qpython using the pip console..
pip install django
once the installation is done you'd need a terminal to run the django commands like django-admin.py runserver ...
using the terminal emulator on android is very frustrating and requires a lot of work arounds so I came up with this solution...
you can use your Qpython console as a terminal ,I.e run commands like CD,L's,pwd, etc..but to get the console to change from interpreter to actual console is a bit tricky or not possible (I don't know of a direct way,the OS module doesn't do The job) so this is how to do it...

open Qpython (Qpython 2.7)
open the editor
create a new file and name it nil.py
in the file, type "run server" without quotes and save
then run the file ...
the above will trow an exception and turn your interpreter into a terminal...
you can then run all python commands...
Note: you can start a new console window to bring up another interpreter..

Everything works fine but that's if you're comfortable doing it on your android like I said...

below is the tutorial on how to create your first django app av been following and its quite fun...

1 Like

Re: Python Django Android... by timex4u(m): 8:59am On Mar 18, 2016
Wow, thats really cool.
I'v tot of dis, I used QPython also buh neva tried it.. Would love a more detailed approach.. Wot Text Editor do you den use to edit your Py files>??
Re: Python Django Android... by emilykel(m): 2:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
timex4u:
Wow, thats really cool.
I'v tot of dis, I used QPython also buh neva tried it.. Would love a more detailed approach.. Wot Text Editor do you den use to edit your Py files>??

I use droidedit for editing
Re: Python Django Android... by HAIBEEY: 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
I am trying to install django on Android but is saying "couldn't find any download, no distribution bla bla"
How can I fix it.
Re: Python Django Android... by emilykel(m): 8:54am On Mar 20, 2016
HAIBEEY:
I am trying to install django on Android but is saying "couldn't find any download, no distribution bla bla"
How can I fix it.

as at now, django only works for python 2 on android..
if you have python 2 then use the pip console...it'll work
Re: Python Django Android... by HAIBEEY: 1:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
it keeps saying no distribution found for django and couldn't find any download
Re: Python Django Android... by emilykel(m): 8:54am On Mar 22, 2016
HAIBEEY:
it keeps saying no distribution found for django and couldn't find any download

that's strange. Are you sure you're not using qpython3 instead of qpython ?
Re: Python Django Android... by Irelokeh(m): 9:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
Thanks for this info bro I'm really greatful!
Re: Python Django Android... by emilykel(m): 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
Irelokeh:
Thanks for this info bro I'm really greatful!

you're welcome bro

(1) (Reply)

Django Programmers Thread / Creating Com With C++ / 50 Profitable Online Businesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.