Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors (17090 Views)

Dr Linda Ayade Performs Surgeries With Her Medical Team In Cross River (Photos) / Pictures of a Death Trap At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital / Snake Invades Ilorin Teaching Hospital, May Allah Save The Patients. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Simplestone(f): 9:17am On Mar 18, 2016
It is well,,, this is end time Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 18, 2016
Omg!
Awfully dangerous.

I hope something is done asap. sad

1 Like

Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by omogin(f): 9:20am On Mar 18, 2016
The budget for aso rock clinic alone is more than the entire budget of all teaching hospitals in Nigeria. What do you expect from this evil regime pretending to be saints.
The bigot now wants to force saraki to just pass the budget as e be

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by ajealadick(m): 9:24am On Mar 18, 2016
This hospitals should stop giving us excuses. Its not working anymore. A 5kva inverter with solar system and batteries cost less than N1. 5m. This should be kept at variouw emergency points and can outlast any operation duration.

1 Like

Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by DeRay98(m): 9:24am On Mar 18, 2016
xreal:

lol
when did torch lights and phone lights become drugs or therapy?

rather say you consult with torch lights , shikenah!

Back to the matter.
Thunder go fire anybody wey chop money meant for the betterment of patients.
Which 19million are u spending every month?

FG budgets 16M for fueling for a 24hr stable electricity monthly. Meanwhile you don't power your generators for 24 hrs.
IBEDC still supply electricity once a while, and the generators don't run at these times.

The main generator and most others are down at the moment due to lack of servicing. True or False?
You mean you spend the whole 16m every month? Haba.

It will cost just 40M to link up with Ganmo's 33Kv substation.
Why not do that?

EFCC and GOD is watching.

kontinu
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by 3kay945(m): 9:31am On Mar 18, 2016
I know before na, we also aware you sometimes forget scissors in patient's body

Can anything ever surprise me anymore in this country

Well, maybe when I hear bomb blast killed IBb, OBJ , tinubu etc cool
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by kenny987(f): 9:35am On Mar 18, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Splitting up Nigeria or calling it a zoo does not sort out corruption or exploitation.

It just leads to a situation where PHCN....(Problem has changed name).

Then let the problem change name! At least d problem will be on a lower scale with reduced number of people. We will also not have to contend with any unpatriotic eejit because of religious and cultural differences. Allocation for budgetary expenditure will not be spread thin to accommodate one oversized North for instance.

Resources are generated and expended according to needs on ground within d area of resource generation not sucking one place and spreading to others.

Let the problem change name!
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by kinzation(m): 9:37am On Mar 18, 2016
ragiluhivo:

No you are wrong. The earlier we split this God forsaken country, the better for everyone.

Only a mad man would keep doing the same thing and still expect a different result. 100 years is enough time to tell the fate of a country.

I spit on the Green White Green Flag
lol..point of correction.. Green and white flag....
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Bluffly: 9:46am On Mar 18, 2016
xreal:

lol

Back to the matter.

FG budgets 16M for fueling for a 24hr stable electricity monthly. Meanwhile you don't power your generators for 24 hrs.
IBEDC still supply electricity once a while, and the generators don't run at these times.

The main generator and most others are down at the moment due to lack of servicing. True or False?

Why not do that?

kontinu
They are thieves. Is he telling us that they consume about 4,300 litres per day? Even if IBEDC charges them 50k per day is 1.5m per month. This is what I said in one of similar threads. Our leaders lie to our face while both sides knows its a lie and it stays. I am sorry for the future of a Black Nation where leaders does not know anything about leadership and are daft individuals.
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by omogin(f): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2016
rozayx5:
and buhari allocates billions to the state house clinic
Fulani fraudsters
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Armstrong34(m): 9:47am On Mar 18, 2016
and u all were celebrating Saraki because he wore Made in Aba clothes..... polithiefians jus dey play una lyk ball
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by omogin(f): 9:53am On Mar 18, 2016
ajealadick:
This hospitals should stop giving us excuses. Its not working anymore. A 5kva inverter with solar system and batteries cost less than N1. 5m. This should be kept at variouw emergency points and can outlast any operation duration.
And how many air conditioners can your inverter carry for hours? Seems you want surgeons sweating on your open wound. If buhari wants the senate to pass a budget where the capital votes of a tiny aso rock clinic is by far bigger than that of all the fed teaching hospitals together, I think he must believe very strongly in the marabouts working for him

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by pabloid(m): 10:05am On Mar 18, 2016
ajealadick:
They use heavy equipment sometimes For surgery. Inverter na emergency light only o. Diathermy machine anaesthetic machines consume loads of power.
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 18, 2016
It's no longer news that we now know the LARGEST ZOOLOGICAL ZOO
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by hectorswag(m): 10:10am On Mar 18, 2016
Destined2win:
Can you just imagine? Who do I unleash this anger in me right now?

See guys, we need to wake up in this country. Nigerians are just too dull for my liking. Can't there be something like a revolution or uprising against greedy politicians in this country?

All the same, be of good cheer, I am coming to take Nigeria to the promised land. We really need to hold these politicians culpable.

It's a fucc'd up country man, the best u can do is to travel out and leave the country for those that are enjoying it the way it is.

Nigerians are too timid to start a revolution, so don't expect anyone to join you and following it thru on your own would only make your life miserable!

Ask Nnamdi Kanu...

1 Like

Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Teespice(f): 10:12am On Mar 18, 2016
ragiluhivo:

No you are wrong. The earlier we split this God forsaken country, the better for everyone.

Only a mad man would keep doing the same thing and still expect a different result. 100 years is enough time to tell the fate of a country.

I spit on the Green White Green Flag

no problem.

find out what happened to Sudan when they split up and how one part is paying adversely for that mistake.

sometimes you people just talk and whip up sentiments without even thinking of the repercussions let alone aftermath of your actions.

I pray you won't ask for Nigeria to be united when it gets divided eventually.

as per topic, we can only hope this government get her priorities straight.

1 Like

Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by smiley1985(f): 10:26am On Mar 18, 2016
[quote author=ragiluhivo post=43871944]

I spit on the Green White Green Flag[/quot

How are you today?
I really need to know.
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by lcoral(f): 10:41am On Mar 18, 2016
Government fooling its self but the hospital management fooling themselves the most. Who do they think they are deceiving or they forget Nigerians are more enlightened. Any hospital coming out to say they who lamps for surgery ought to be shut and management probe.
The union is just telling us how incompetent most of d CMDs are in terms of their managerial skills.
These patient pay huge fee for major surgeries and operations, we know how much of IGR hospitals generates yet they can't fuel a generator set for a 4hour procedure. I believe there are some linen that aren't meant to be washed in public.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Chukzyfcb(m): 10:51am On Mar 18, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Well, it did drop that low because of damage to gas pipelines and problems with our gas plants at Egbin (which is a old power plant).And the fact that we still rely on HEP....which works when the reservoirs are full...not when they are dry.

My point is, even at full maximum of 5000 MW.....we cannot get 24 hours light until we get up to 12000-20000 MW....which means more generation facilities, and fixing the transmission system....which are going to take years and money to fix.

(Current PEAK generation as at 13/3/2016 is now 3,981 MW)
Even @ 20,000mw we'll still not have 24hours of light but there would great improvement. South africa generates about 20,000mw with a population of about 50million and yet they don't have 24hrs of light....
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Bombolistic: 10:51am On Mar 18, 2016
Imagine what N19m could have done, if we had steady power supply in the country

If properly managed, N19m will install solar power with inverters to important departments within the teaching hospital together with general lightnings.

1 Like

Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 18, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

Even @ 20,000mw we'll still not have 24hours of light but there would great improvement. South africa generates about 20,000mw with a population of about 50million and yet they don't have 24hrs of light....

South Africa generates 40000mw...and while they do have occasional blackouts,it is not something that happens daily like Nigeria.
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 18, 2016
lcoral:
Government fooling its self but the hospital management fooling themselves the most. Who do they think they are deceiving or they forget Nigerians are more enlightened. Any hospital coming out to say they who lamps for surgery ought to be shut and management probe.
The union is just telling us how incompetent most of d CMDs are in terms of their managerial skills.
These patient pay huge fee for major surgeries and operations, we know how much of IGR hospitals generates yet they can't fuel a generator set for a 4hour procedure. I believe there are some linen that aren't meant to be washed in public.

Some hospitals run generators for 24 hours straight....and that is putting stress on the generator to put it mildly.

So...sometimes the gen has to go off to rest. Hence the scenairo where operations are performed in near darkness.

Like my dad says...there is a reason why they are called standby generators.
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by 247notire(m): 11:02am On Mar 18, 2016
xreal:

lol

Back to the matter.

Why not do that?

kontinu
You are an unfortunate fellow who should be tied to a big stone and thrown into the ocean. You're here arguing about extant facts and situations and figures. Our govt teaching hospitals are death valleys due to gross underfunding and neglect from successive governments and this is all u can say in a bid to defend APC? You're hopelessly silly angry
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by ebhohon: 11:19am On Mar 18, 2016
This is true my wife confirmed it.
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:19am On Mar 18, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

South Africa generates 40000mw...and while they do have occasional blackouts,it is not something that happens daily like Nigeria.
Thanks for the correction, yes I know they have blackouts but not 24hrs like its been said in the comments above. But atleast there will be an Improvement.
but In Nigeria even if we are able to generate 100,000mw today we still wouldn't feel the effect because the Transmission lines are dead & weak. They cannot transmit more than 6,000mw. And worse still, this is the only section of power that's not priviatized making it the weakest link in the power chain
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Kenmoris22: 11:27am On Mar 18, 2016
Nigeria mmbeeeee

Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Kenmoris22: 11:30am On Mar 18, 2016
If all the masses will agree with me and refuse to campany to all the politicians I believe they will have a rethink

Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by 9jatatafo(m): 11:30am On Mar 18, 2016
I am sure out of the supposedly 19m spent monthly for electricity, 10m will put on white canvass or spike shoes and develop wings the disappear every month
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Ephemmm: 11:45am On Mar 18, 2016
[s]
amtaken:
Where is the change that they promised?

APC = All Promises Cancelled.
[/s]

Are you not ashamed to hear this after 16 years of transformation? I thought PDP has transformed all our hospitals into world-class hospitals ni oooo

Yeye dey smell.
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by TRAY2(m): 11:55am On Mar 18, 2016
This is caused by poor administration from the hospitals Management,These various hospitals/Medical centres generate lots of income from patients but what happens in the end,Corruption at its peak..EFCC and ICPC should visit these hospitals and medical centres.

1 Like

Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Gkemz: 11:55am On Mar 18, 2016
It's very pathetic. What a level of insensitivity and nonchalance among our leaders. That's why when these politicians or their families sustain a minor injury are flown outside for treatment after forcing our local healthcare institutions to function below capacity with obsolete facilities coupled with frequent power outage.
Re: 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors by Brannyslim: 11:57am On Mar 18, 2016
TheophilusA:
Following the ongoing nationwide strike of doctors, the immediate past president of the Association of Resident Doctors, University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital(UITH) branch, Dr. Oyinlola Oluwagbemiga and his successor, Dr. Ade Faponle, on Wednesday said that due to epileptic power supply in the hospital, doctors use lamps, torchlight and phone lights to treat patients. Oluwagbemiga and Faponle spoke during a media briefing in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital. According to Oluwagbemiga, “There are certain procedures we embark upon, you have to complete them using your torchlight or phone lights. Imagine that you are in an emergency where you have to resuscitate a patient and you resort to that. It is that bad. It even stretches to sanitation.We have reached the point where you are having a major procedure and all you can hear is ‘please we can only supply light for the next two hours, make sure you complete your operation.’ And there are operations that last for four or more hours. So if you have such, you have to reschedule because you have been told ab-initio that you are on your own should you embark on such.”

The Director of Administration, UITH, Mr. Ganiyu Yusuf however said the management of the hospital spent about N16m monthly on diesel and N3m monthly on electricity bill to the Ibadan Distribution Electricity Company. Yusuf said, “As management, we are not going to join issues with the resident doctors. But we are going to state the facts. It is not news that electricity generation in the country is bad. The problem affects everybody, not only the hospital. We spend N16m monthly to buy diesel. We have a 500KV generator and another 350kv generator, as well as many other smaller generators to power each unit and department. The N16m that we pay is different from the N3m that we pay to IBEDC every month. Imagine what N19m could have done, if we had steady power supply in the country. We have done what we could do as a management with the resources available. We have separate generators for many sections. If you turn on the light in the hospital because of the operations the doctors will do, we keep it running until 4pm. Even when the power is on, how many of the doctors are ready to perform surgeries? If we know that in our area power will come at a certain time, you programme your activities. We lost three people in an attempt to stabilise the power supply. One of them was electrocuted and another dropped in water. What we are trying to do is to link up with the university and take power from Ganmo. Imagine the huge cost.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/we-perform-surgeries-with-torchlights-lamps-phonelights-in-university-teaching-hospital-doctors/

I guess they shuld ask lagos state how they power LASUTH with 24/7 supply of electricity.... grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

250 People Die Of Snake Bite In Plateau And Gombe Due To Scarcity Of Anti-Venom / Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water / Top 10 Most Expensive Alcoholic Drinks – No 1 Can Buy You Mansions

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.