Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Enugu State Has Another Voice - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Enugu State Has Another Voice (611 Views)

Web Training In Enugu State / Website Designers In Enugu State / I Need An Experience Webmaster Residing In Enugu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu State Has Another Voice by netpro(m): 5:09am On Jul 22, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I am glad to inform you that I have completed my community site for residents and people of Enugu State. The platform is well in place now, all that remains is for all the contents - news, events, life and development in and around the state to going in.

www.

I felt there is need for us (Nigerians as a whole) to step up our representation online and say it as it is about our self, and not other folks poorly representing us. I do know there are other similar sites, but this is just a boost (but I don't hate to lead, lol).

Just my own little community service. And you may even consider this for your location. I can help if need be.

If you have ideas how I can do better, do let me know. I will also like contribution of content.

Welcome to TheCoalCity. Nnooo! www.
Re: Enugu State Has Another Voice by SamMilla1(m): 10:06am On Jul 22, 2009
it looks nice and clean, i will go through it again though
Re: Enugu State Has Another Voice by yawatide(f): 11:20am On Jul 22, 2009
Nice wordpress customization grin

The key to the success of such a site is constant updating. Don't let it go stale. By the way, what plans have you made with respect to liaising with your state government. I heard the guy who did the cross river tourism board site actually did it on his own and then somewhere along the line, the state government saw it and rather than do a separate one, bought him out. Dunno if it is true but that is what I heard.

Other than the fact that your big images at the top are grainy and the gray background makes it look a little dull, tis a very good customization IMHO. Makes me wanna go learn wordpress customization tongue
Re: Enugu State Has Another Voice by netpro(m): 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2009
@ yawa-ti-de:
Thanks pal. I look forward to such corporation too. But first I have got work to do -- CONTENT -- and regularly too. For the customization, it took some time (but its part of the demand). What colours will you advice for the logo image (Title, box, etc).

@Sam Milla:
Thanks. I will wait for your opinion.

@ Everyone:
I will like to know what you think about it. Once again www.
Re: Enugu State Has Another Voice by yawatide(f): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2009
I personally see nothing wrong with the logo et al. I was referring to the gray background. I would probably change that to the same color as the "yellow" background of the coal city logo.

I dunno, maybe it's just me but the gray makes the site look dull.

Thanks
Re: Enugu State Has Another Voice by netpro(m): 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2009
I will modify the background colour and see how it goes (we experimented various combination). Only that I do like clean design. Its usually eye-friendly.

But I will work on that. May be even darker background colour. I will notify you once am done. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Web Developer Needed Urgently! / If You Are A Programmer That Love Graphics Works This Is For You / How Do I Upload My Website To The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.