Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. (9461 Views)

Cost Of Installing Gypsum Ceiling Board / I Need Help On The Type Of Ceiling Board To Use / Fibre Cement Ceiling Board;a Better And Cheaper Alternative To Asbestos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by WisdomTankdecor: 1:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
Op, why don't you change the ceiling completely and install pop ceiling instead? The cost is higher but it's durable, beautiful and modern.

Don't forget to contact me for your POP ceiling ooooooooo

Check my signature!
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by Etizz: 1:02pm On Mar 21, 2016
Use oil paint.....
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by AKUPSME: 1:06pm On Mar 21, 2016
Use undercoat gloss paint first of all preferably 'Berger product' let it dry.
Then you can apply ur emulsion to it.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by ceda99: 1:12pm On Mar 21, 2016
emerged01:

Overhead tank on top ceiling? sad

sabi bros i said "roof" not "ceiling". Haven't u seen wia pple deck a section of dia roof with concrete and place an overhead tank on it. Wen water fulls d tank & overflows, it can soak into the concrete and into d paint and end up causing it to peel
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by Lilimax(f): 1:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
If you have a leaking roof, try and fix the leaking roof after which you should scrape off the peeling paint.
Sand the surface using a sandpaper.
Prime the surface using Dulux Undercoat; allow to dry and then coat the surface with an appropriate
finish of your choice preferably Dulux products smiley

Come back and thank me later smiley
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by Danfuster(m): 1:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
Drniyi4u:
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Nitori Olohun! You meant is he licking the roof?

grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin Olohun... You have finished my stomach grin grin grin
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 21, 2016
This is the only major thing that could have caused that.... the whole issue started with the person that fixed the ceiling , what happened was that the part that was supposed to be painted (the rough side ) was mistakenly placed upward, towards the roof and the other smooth side was misplaced facing your room floor. Paint doesn't stay long on the smooth surface, it will stay for a while and start peeling off. So with this enlightenment, you should know what to do now. . . Talking from experience.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by don4real18(m): 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2016
Fake paint or poor workmanship... What type of ceiling are you using
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by Jethrolite(m): 1:30pm On Mar 21, 2016
olenyi:
The above has been my problem for some time now.

I first noticed it some years back. After painting my ceiling with white emulsion paint, everything will be ok. Then after a while, the paint will start peeling and falling to the floor.

Please house, is their a solution to this kind of issue. And has anyone experienced this and how did you go about resolving it.

Its an asbestos ceiling board.

Regards.
Give us a call and we will produce paint that hardens and adheres like cement for you and paint it for you after treating the surface.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by Baroba(m): 1:33pm On Mar 21, 2016
You might want to start by removing asbestos from your house, asbestos dust is a killer bro.. The earlier the better..
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by sharpboyus(m): 1:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
Its probably due to the expired old paint on the ceiling. all you need to do is take off the old paints, smoothing ceiling and use a polycell paint. you can thank me later.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by ring7(m): 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
Am a chemist in paint indu
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by ring7(m): 1:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
Am a chemist in paint industry.Cause:poor Emulsion was used,the heat from the ceiling is affecting the paint.moreover you didn't buy it a company.Bro that's what you get from Cheap particles.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by ring7(m): 1:49pm On Mar 21, 2016
Am a chemist in a paint industry. Bro you bought cheap Particle.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by Ameboperoo(m): 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
Olenyi, so you still de nairaland? We no de see your break light for area again o

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by sonnie10: 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2016
Baroba:
You might want to start by removing asbestos from your house, asbestos dust is a killer bro.. The earlier the better..

Best comment so far!
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by richiepolymer(m): 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
olenyi:

I first noticed it some years back. After painting my ceiling with white emulsion paint, everything will be ok. Then after a while, the paint will start peeling and falling to the floor.

Please house, is their a solution to this kind of issue. And has anyone experienced this and how did you go about resolving it.

Regards.

The paint is the problem not really the substrate. The paint is not gripping the surface of the substrate. You should check the quality of the paint in question.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by emerged01(m): 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
ceda99:
sabi bros i said "roof" not "ceiling". Haven't u seen wia pple deck a section of dia roof with concrete and place an overhead tank on it. Wen water fulls d tank & overflows, it can soak into the concrete and into d paint and end up causing it to peel

"Soak into the concrete" but the guy is complaining about ceiling. It is only rainfall that can affect the ceiling not in the situation you referring to.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by lomprico(m): 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
olenyi:

Regards.
Stop buying fake cheap paints!
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by jombosolomon(m): 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2016
Bros buy udercoat paint first and use it to cover the surface before applying the white emulsion.Telling you this as a painter.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by ehjiwummy(f): 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
olenyi:

Thanks for your response. But the paint i used (and i have tried different brands), are the common ones you get in the market.

Also i have observed that people that used lesser quality brands don't experience the peeling stuff.

Any suggestions pls.
Since you hav tried all d brands,maybe the aebestos is fake or the roof is licking.becos if d roof is licking nd d water touches d aebestos,the paint wil peel off.so check ur roof or confirm the aebestos
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by kuuljay(m): 5:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
olenyi:

Thanks for your response. But the paint i used (and i have tried different brands), are the common ones you get in the market.

Also i have observed that people that used lesser quality brands don't experience the peeling stuff.

Any suggestions pls.
the person that fixed the ceiling may have installed it upside down,thats why,the smooth surface doesn't hold paint for long
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by Engineermbugame(m): 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
Mr op, is ur house conduit installatiƶn? Check weda ur plumbing supply pipes is licking water ,cause i have see situation like urs tanks me later.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by Engineermbugame(m): 5:20pm On Mar 21, 2016
olenyi:

Regards.
oga boss,is ur house conduit installation ?if yes.check weda ur supply pipes is dropping water.i have seen dsame situation like urs.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by captianfreeman(m): 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2016
olenyi:

Regards.
Well, there are some combination of factors that can be responsible for this. 1. Check to make sure you don't have a licking roof. 2. Make sure the paint applied is of good quality. 3. If paint is continuously apply on a surface, without scrapping the previously applied paint , this can occur. 4. It is possible that the asbestos ceiling is expire.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by cybriz82(m): 7:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
Wait ooo shey na here u buy d roof and d paint?
Why u no ask dem for better 1 n tell dem ur p?
Sum people sha!!!
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by myinvest: 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
olenyi:

Regards.

Are you for real with the Asbestos ceiling? If you are using Asbestos then you should be thinking of replacing them. It has been linked to lung cancer and banned in most western countries.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by innocs: 10:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
Bros I have a solution to your problem,am into interior decoration,screeding & panting.pls reach me on 08039364835. Call me I will show u a way out. Thanks
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by dom(m): 11:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
Try alkaline first before painting
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by donJ2(m): 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
costandi:
Scrape the surface first, then use emery cloth( sand paper) on it.
Then, Mix the paint with an adhesive like Top Bond or anything similar. It works fine.
Except if uve got a licking roof

9ce one...am no expert buh I know theres no way this solution wont work.

....buh if it doesn't work, then the witches in d ops village must hv been dancing skelewu on that ceiling grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:09am On Mar 23, 2016
Oga Olenyi pls don't be offended for derailing you thread,I've asked severally on the FTA section but no answer given and i just observed that you even hardly come by the FTA section this days...my problem is that I've tried my best tracking eutelsat 7W around PH with 90cm for 3 consecutive days but no signal,normally tracking ku band for me is usually a piece of cake but this has proved abortive,if by any chance you know an installer around PH who has achieved the feat with 90cm,please confirm and if possible take pictures too!
Re: Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. by drmuchin: 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
olenyi:
No comments yet. No suggestions proferred yet.

Not fair.
Oga u have not been fair to me at all despite all my entreaties to you!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beach Front Court, Beside Lekki Free Zone Complex, Opp. Eko Tourist Center @4m / C Of O Land At Queens Court Estate. Shapati Lakowe, 7.5Million Naira Promo Price / PICTURE. FLOOR STAMPING(goodbye to weed),A better alternative to interlock stone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.