Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

20 Cool Questions To Ask People - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 20 Cool Questions To Ask People (3325 Views)

Tips To Know And Questions To Ask When Choosing Any Health Insurance Company / [adults] See 24 Questions To Ask A Girl Over Text And Make Her Feel Sexy / 20+ Really Interesting Questions To Ask A Girl You Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

20 Cool Questions To Ask People by GreyLaw(m): 10:29am On Mar 18, 2016
It's not always easy chatting up people, especially when they are strangers. Our reasons for wanting to strike up a discussion with someone differ from time to time. It may be that we have some time to burn, or that we just want to make a new friend. Whatever your reason is, here are 20 interesting questions you can ask:

1. Have you ever played in the rain?

This question may bring a smile to their face, as they remember nice memories. Most people did it; I did, too. I had a fun time dancing and running in the rain, but made sure my parents never knew.

2. Do you sleep with your undies on?

You may not easily ask a complete stranger this question, but it's fun anyway for those you ask. It's an interesting subject, too. I sleep in trousers but without boxers, because I hate prisons!

3. What was the last lie you told?

People tend to tell lies when they feel the truth might hurt them, but it does not change the fact that lying is bad. This question is a funny one because you might get another lie!

4. Would you like the opportunity to change gender for an hour, and why?

The alpha male or female may reject such opportunity. But majority of people would answer in the affirmative and you'd be surprised at the amount of emotion this question evokes. I would so love to experience what it feels like to be a woman for an hour, to have a firsthand understanding of how their mind works. They are a handful, you know! Bless them!!

5. Would you take 2 scorpion stings for a N1m?

People can do mind-boggling things for money. If it's a lady you are talking with she might cringe at this idea. I'm a man, but forget it. I hate stingy creatures. You might as well return home with your N1m.

6. What's your best color?

A nice question with plenty of different answers. The common answer would be any of the shades of blue, green, pink, or white. I love green so much, but blue is competing strongly for the number one spot in my heart

7. Do you believe in the afterlife?

This is a question that has scared humanity from time immemorial. Science is searching for cold, hard facts; religion, though the mechanism of faith, affirms it; free thinkers either believe or reject the concept. It's a cool question you can use to strike up a lengthy discussion. I believe in the afterlife, and that I'm going to God's heaven.

8. Have you always gotten what you wanted?

It is said that if wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Well, even horses are not cheap! I have not always gotten what I wanted, but I believe in pursuing my dreams to the ends of the earth.

9. What habit are you proud to have broken?

People love answering this question because it massages their ego. And the answers you get would make you laugh and wonder at the little things people are drawn to. I'm proud of breaking the habit of chewing the insides of my mouth. Next on the agenda is to stop chewing my fingernails. What is even the essence of nail cutters when my teeth do a perfect job. Oh! Germs!!

10. What do you think of your wedding night?

Marriage is not a thing for everyone, but for the married, and single people who intend getting married, you'll get a lot of dreamy-eyed, emotive replies. I hear some ladies say the marriage act is painful and so pretend to get busy cleaning up and arranging things on their wedding night. Maybe on my wedding night we'd just pray and give thanks and then go to sleep! That is if the wedding was done in Jupiter!

11. What was your waking thought this morning?

You will be surprised at the funny answers to this question. For a good number of men their waking thought is usually their third leg, and it's completely natural. For me, this morning, it was how to raise money for business.

12. Given the opportunity to see God what will you ask him?

Everybody would like to see God and ask Him why he allowed this or that to happen to them. The first question I'd ask him is why he did not end it immediately after Adam and Eve failed His test. I mean, we would not have been talking of heaven and hell now.

13. What is your favorite movie?

Movies make for great discussion, especially when both of you have seen the movie. But bear in mind that not everybody likes movies. My favorite movie is the 1989 movie Lean on Me, which starred Morgan freeman.

14. What is your favorite novel?

Reading novels is a burden to some people, but if you catch even a stranger who loves reading them, you can start a cool discussion with this question. I love novels and have read so many. A favorite of mine, not my best though (can hardly pick one), is The Eight by Katherine Neville. She did a pristine job of blending music, chess, religion, politics and conspiracy into a fine paste.

15. Have you ever loved two people at once?

Love is an ever intriguing topic. Questions on love can take the whole day, so it's nice if you can get someone to talk about it. Love two people at once? I don't know how that happens, but I know it does happen to some people. My brain cannot process it; one at a time, for me.

16. Do you exercise?

Body exercise is fun and has a lot of health benefits, but not everyone engages in it. Some people don't have time for it, while others think it is stressful. I exercise, but not always.

17. What is the weirdest thing you have ever done?

People do crazy stuff all the time, and reminiscence of those weird moments can bring laughter or pain. My weirdest moment was unwittingly wearing my shirt inside out to church. I was so ashamed. I wondered how many people noticed, as I ran to the nearest hideout change it. Talk of rushing out of the house without using the mirror.

18. Do you have any regrets?

No matter the reply you get, everybody has regrets and the gravity of what is being regretted differs amongst people. Yes, there things I sure regret, and would do them differently if given another opportunity.

19. Which animal do you hate most?

People tend to love animals these days, or at least pretend to love them. But not every animal is loveable. So, this is still a cool question to ask. I hate three, not one, and they are mosquitoes, cockroaches and houseflies. I would do anything good for a world free of them.

20. What is your favorite sport?

Sports have awesome powers that unite a very divided world. And most people appreciate a sport, at least. Football wins it for me. I don't know how people love cricket.

Source: http://www.hardcrunch.com/discovery/20-cool-questions-to-ask-people.html
Re: 20 Cool Questions To Ask People by HelenBee(f): 10:49am On Mar 18, 2016
Yeah...very cool

2 Likes

Re: 20 Cool Questions To Ask People by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 18, 2016
Mmmm....I shud keep these & ask some random ppol then..let's see what they gonna react to it. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Beautiful Nigerian Female Barber Who's Good At Cutting Men's Hair / The Poorest Man On Earth(chapter 1: Full Blooded Nigerian) / Bizarre Car Accident In Benin, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.