Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit (27503 Views)

Any Difference Bwt Factory Tinted Glass And Tinted Glass Permit? / Is Tinted Glass Permit really Free ? / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Adeevah(m): 7:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
Dharniel:

asin, wind down completely...

U can't totally wind down my nissan xterra 2010 back glass...

I av packed the jeep ever dern

1 Like

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Irore: 7:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
kingGoldust:
Every things in naija is for police advantage

Yes from Tafa Balogun to..to who? Now Arase. Permits just to forcefully collect money from vehicle owners without in anyway helping the security of lives and property.

1 Like

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by babsmii(m): 7:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
kennyzboy:

First and foremost the time frame given which is January 1, 2015 to March 18, 2015 being yesterday is actually very short and annoying.

The time is a but short i agree but Nigerians don't take things like this serious until they are arrested. I and my colleague did our stress free and for the 2 times i went to register my biometrics and pick up the certificate, i hardly met more than 5 people there. It was infact seamless and surprisingly free. I was surprised i walked into a police command and came out without reaching for my pocket.

Secondly there was no prior notice or awareness campaign to inform the general public before commencement of the scheme.

I can't tell if this is true or the coverage was not nation-wide but i did see flyers and heard radio adverts a couple of times.

Thirdly the website for input & update of vehicle registration has been off-line now for the past four or five days now, denying people of the ability to get registered.

Yes, i encountered some issues trying to register but found out it was better at night. I guess the server is one old desktop with 256mb ram. Other than that, i witnessed 4 registrations including mine and we were all able to complete it successfully.

Fourthly one cannot complete registration/biometric capture and collect permit the same day, it's usually between 2 - 4 weeks of registration. Fifthly only one capture equipment is available in every state command which is usually in the state capital, requiring traveling/accommodation logistics in some cases.

I was surprised when i was told 5/7 working days and i did pick it up giving an extra day fro (Nigerian factor)... It was ready and i walked out of the office un-gypped. I didn't expect it to look the same in every other state considering mine was done in Abuja but will be almost impossible to have a hitch-free registration covering over (let's say 20 million) vehicles with tinted glasses.

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by OgbeniLazaruz: 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
It's another scam, period!
Another extortion with the approval stamp of the police high command.
Is it not the height of insanity if you issue a directive that over 1million car owners with tinted windows should do biometric capture yet your logistic capacity cannot capture more than 50 people a day? Yet the period is so short, you just cannot but wonder in awe at the callousness or insensibility of the bunch that devise this scheme to skim Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by princemillla(m): 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hmmmm I foresee this challenges outlined by the op.
On my other thread I warn all those using tinted ti go and get the permit. A police man approached me to see the new permit lamenting he needs money badly.

The awareness is poor to the extent that I gave some officers in ikeja command the website name to do the permit. Some of them were looking for way to extort me with the old method. They should extend the deadline for others to av theirs. Am sure men in black would meek some people dry on this

1 Like

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
Vikkie14:
that was because you dont know the Two MASTER PASSWORD.

If you want to get your topic to the FP, just use any of these MasterPasswords--there's no security they can't breached.

The first password is TONTO DIKEH.
The second password is SNAKE.

E.G lalasticlal.a see the snake i killed in my room tonight.

The third one is Olajumoke
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Kabikala(m): 7:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
My vehicle uses the old plate number without the map of Nigeria on the background.
I completed the online form and proceeded to the Abuja Police Headquarters for biometric capture.
The IT person at Force Hq said the car was not registered on their database which is managed by FRSC.
I went to FRSC and they said they only include vehicles with the new number plates on their database.
Now I cannot do my biometrics unless I am willing to get the new number plate which the courts have declared must not be forced on users of the old number plate.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by hardbody: 7:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
I hardly drive the one with tint anymore. When I do, I leave very early to the office and drive back real late. I don't do road travels anymore. After a while the hullabaloo will die down, it's all initial gra gra.

I presently use an untinted sedan....chikena

2 Likes

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by eagleonearth(m): 8:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
Dem olokpa don use ds scam chop my 2K. To wind down all glasses na d way until I succed in acquiring my permit
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by xdos(m): 8:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hey OP... I did mine at Enugu Police HQ and it only took 2days.
As at when I did mine, the site was fully functional and that was in January.
The ASP who did mine didn't ask for money... I only made him happy.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by caprini1: 8:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
JessNigeria:

This is a thread opened today!

Seems you are not aware of the new tinted permit registration.
Don't blame him,danfo and marwa are his means of transport grin

2 Likes

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Sability(m): 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
Can someone post the website here for me to apply? Help a brother , pleaaaase!
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by caprini1: 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
Kabikala:
My vehicle uses the old plate number without the map of Nigeria on the background.
I completed the online form and proceeded to the Abuja Police Headquarters for biometric capture.
The IT person at Force Hq said the car was not registered on their database which is managed by FRSC.
I went to FRSC and they said they only include vehicles with the new number plates on their database.
Now I cannot do my biometrics unless I am willing to get the new number plate which the courts have declared must not be forced on users of the old number plate.
As in ive parked my chrysler mini van because of this....old number and tint issues......,the thing is ,once they see the old number,you are ordered to park first before any other request.... so frustrating.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Anextin(f): 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
STAINLESSYKZ:
The dateline has been extended to 11th September, 2016
Please how true is this
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by truthspeaks: 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
Over-sharp de wory u cheesy
colossus2:
As you approach a check point, wind your glass down cool
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by streetzdreamz(m): 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
Bless you @op,the day i read the news i just discarded it,i recently got my tinted permit this year,now they bringing up another silly scheme,who has the time and fund to waste on a harmless car accessory, the government and its silly backward policies.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by elpj: 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
Pls can someone share d website for d registration? Am tired of police harassment. I had to give one of d police officer my phone to talk to a commisioner of police. On hearing that he allow me go.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by metorichmond(m): 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
Pls can some one clarify me on this, I already have a tint permit issued to me since 2013, do I need to still go do this again?
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by streetzdreamz(m): 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
colossus2:
funny man,what happens to the rear wind shield,and the fixed rear windows for SUV's?? You can run but cant hide,those police officers are confirm bast*rds!!!

2 Likes

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by bily(m): 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
eagleonearth:
Dem olokpa don use ds scam chop my 2K. To wind down all glasses na d way until I succed in acquiring my permit

This won't work with Nigerian police. Tried it before, after they checked all my papers, they told me to wind up the back glassesglasses angry

3 Likes

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by adconline(m): 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
Naija is really a useless society .. What happened to all biometric info collected via voter's card, National ID, GSM, BVN etc.. Govt should have had a huge database bank by now..just with ur cell no, they can create a profil from GSM or BVN data.. This country can't get it right!!
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Boeing777pilot: 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
JessNigeria:

This is a thread opened today!

Seems you are not aware of the new tinted permit registration.

No it wasn't.
This post was written in 2011.
It even had the name of osita chidoka as the Corp Marshall of FRSC.

Either the OP or a supermod did wuru wuru and modified the original post.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by enilowo(m): 9:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
Please does anybody know where this stuff is done in Lagos. I have been to zone 2 in Obalaende and they said there is no biometric machine there o. Please help your brother

1 Like

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 18, 2016
colossus2:

HOW ABOUT THE THIRD SEAT GLASS AND TRUNK...MY DEAR NIGERIA IS JUST A COMPLETE FLOP
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Trendishine: 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
nigeria police force and arase ought to be ashamed of themselves, always one negative remark about them after another..always quick to make, create and jump into any likely opportunity to steal, like irresponsible pilfers.. the worst is that they are so shameless..tinted permit again.....tufia..i.G.p Arase.. na wa 4 una..walahi..not a single dignity for urselves... come to portharcourt , especially oyigbo n see how they fool themselves.. u would be so ashamed of that police force...Arase has a big work to do..his only jumping around...

1 Like

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by kingrhirhs(m): 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
I was at d police HQ in Benin to do mine, I was told dat they don't have light.

1 Like

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by ogundeleai(m): 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
I completed online version of the policy successfuly but when it's time for biometric, I was told my plate number not updated on Frsc website and I need to sort out that first. I later realised that Frsc official also use that to get money to update already paid for and registered before the plate number will be updated. Regrettably the issue of non updated of plate number largely afeceted all plate number procure in osun. A standstill on can call that

1 Like

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by chibedo: 10:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
xdos:
Hey OP... I did mine at Enugu Police HQ and it only took 2days.
As at when I did mine, the site was fully functional and that was in January.
The ASP who did mine didn't ask for money... I only made him happy.

did you collect your certificate without payment? When I went to their command here in calabar I was told that the fee is 15,000 naira. Without payment, the certificate will not be issued out.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by samnaija: 10:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
web site refuses to upload my docs that are in jpeg format and less than 100 kb. which way my people...
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Dee60: 11:10pm On Mar 18, 2016
Lucasbible:
How much is the tint permit. This one is just for revenue generation. I cant drive a car without tinted glass.

Its free. They are just using it to collect data on people with tints. If you dont have the permit they may easily label yu as a dodger.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Dee60: 11:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
enilowo:
Please does anybody know where this stuff is done in Lagos. I have been to zone 2 in Obalaende and they said there is no biometric machine there o. Please help your brother

Go to Vining Street Lagos Police Hqrs Monday, Thursday and Friday. There is a long queue.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by xdos(m): 12:27am On Mar 19, 2016
Yes I collected mine without payment. It is actually free. I was so happy and that was why I appreciated the police.
chibedo:

did you collect your certificate without payment? When I went to their command here in calabar I was told that the fee is 15,000 naira. Without payment, the certificate will not be issued out.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 1933 5th Wheel Invention We Definitely Need In Nigerian Cities Today / An SUV Rammed Into Ditch In Awolowo Road (pictures) / How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.