Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit (27509 Views)

Any Difference Bwt Factory Tinted Glass And Tinted Glass Permit? / Is Tinted Glass Permit really Free ? / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Bartels01: 3:44am On Mar 19, 2016
having that certificate, is it going to stop the security operatives from searching ones car in case if there is the need to do so?
sometimes I wonder if we have literates in the Senate at all.

2 Likes

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by megainvest: 6:02am On Mar 19, 2016
STAINLESSYKZ:
The dateline has been extended to 11th September, 2016

Pls when was this announcement made?
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by gbengx: 6:43am On Mar 19, 2016
I don't think it's true. No evidence of any extension online.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Excuzeme: 8:02am On Mar 19, 2016
Sability:
Can someone post the website here for me to apply? Help a brother , pleaaaase!

See Below:

[www.npf.gov.ng/tinted/[/url]

1 Like

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Excuzeme: 8:05am On Mar 19, 2016
chibedo:

did you collect your certificate without payment? When I went to their command here in calabar I was told that the fee is 15,000 naira. Without payment, the certificate will not be issued out.

Secretly "record" such conversation and blow it on Social media.

That will teach them a lesson because we will make sure it gets to their IGP so he can kick some corrupt Azzes
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by kennyzboy: 8:14am On Mar 19, 2016
Hello house sorry for the year mix up in the effective date, I typed 2015 instead of 2016, though I tried to edit it but couldn't, just like I outlined earlier there was no proper notification and general public awareness made for the scheme, but rather a hasty roll out and short time-line for people to comply. As for me i found out about it just this last month February and though I completed the on-line part, did capture and bio-data update I was told to check back for the certificate between 5 - 10 working days. I have been checking the status on-line since then to see when it would change from awaiting approval to approved, I observed it was approved on Saturday, the 11th of this month, so I went to the state command to collect my approved tint permit certificate on Monday this week only to be told that the site is unavailable and no light either, I also tried to check it myself and confirmed that the site is unavailable and has been so even till yesterday evening. Na wa oo Naija which way forward...... we really do have a bunch of useless house of federal law-makers and executive political office holders...even as i write this many people are still not aware of this scheme as I met two people who actually paid N25,000 and collected the previous canceled tint permit last week, when I informed them of the change they were really surprised and upset about it and lamented why the police collected their money and gave them invalids...

Please the guy that posted about an extension on the scheme is it true?
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Sability(m): 8:37am On Mar 19, 2016
Excuzeme:

See Below:

Thanks
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by chibedo: 9:25am On Mar 19, 2016
xdos:
Yes I collected mine without payment. It is actually free. I was so happy and that was why I appreciated the police.

thanks dear.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by DerMeister: 9:28am On Mar 19, 2016
The same dim witted, illiterate thugs we have in the senate are also in the police, the only difference it that they are younger and poorer.

Bartels01:
having that certificate, is it going to stop the security operatives from searching ones car in case if there is the need to do so?
sometimes I wonder if we have literates in the Senate at all.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Sunsplash: 10:28am On Mar 19, 2016
Pls has it really been extend.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Jollymich(m): 11:22am On Mar 19, 2016
This guy is a criminal nobody should try to buy data its fraud i have proof
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by gbengx: 11:32am On Mar 19, 2016
STAINLESSYKZ:

Big lie
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by scobaba: 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
I dont know about environs outside Abuja.

My wife and i did ours and got d permit after 48hrs. Hassle free. Maybe because its head office. Nobody asked us for a dime.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by dorodee(m): 2:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
Finished
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by dorodee(m): 2:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
Finished online portion then went for biometric... Officer logged my car plate number only to find it still carries the name and details of the previous owner for a car I bought and did change of ownership since 2014... I discovered that Nassarawa state Auto Reg don't share info with FRSC!.. Can you imagine one car,, two owners in same country... Only in Naija... So no cert yet ooo!!
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by obitryce(m): 10:52am On Mar 21, 2016
The date has been extended to september but has not been announced officially. So i was told at Benin Hq. But till then we still have to hold on to the existing deadline which was 18th of March.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by halfcurrent(m): 11:37am On Mar 21, 2016
Now that the publicized deadline of 18th March has elapsed, can anyone share his/her experience with police at check points; especially during inter-states journeys
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Super101: 3:37pm On Mar 21, 2016
STAINLESSYKZ:

Can this be true!
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Super101: 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2016
Excuzeme:

I have registered and Biometrics have been done at Force headquarters, OVER 5WEEKS now... BUT YET TO BE GIVEN THE CERTIFICATE!
I just keep a copy of the signed Letter l got after Data Capture, in my Vehicle...... thats what they will get until they produce my Cert.
Nothing else l can do, right?

Dem no born any policeman well, make im disturb me

BTW: You need to come and see how the Police officers in their I.T Unit are using this thing to make money (They will leave those who have been on the Queue all day unattended to...... collect money from others and just do it for them, without any queue! angry angry ).

I hope IGP Arase knows the kind of inhuman treatment his officers are subjecting ordinary Nigerians to?
I had a genuine permit before the current "order" and l just complied to get another one, ..yet its not coming out?
At times, l think it is wrong to be law abiding in this country.

Make dem just nor vex me o....

From the attached picture, what did you do after this? Did the NPF approve it before you proceed?
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by walexyll(m): 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2016
Went for my biodata capturing today at Eleyele Police HQ in Ibadan. I was the 4th person to get there and I still spent close to 2hrs there...I noticed that it took a long time before they are through with a person. Then when it got t my turn, I realized those guys are a bunch of inefficient personnel. Partly because of the money they want to collect from you and partly due to the unorganized process. How can the same person who captures your data go out to the parking lot to inspect your car to be sure the tint is factory fitted (not an after market)? Then, they use that opportunity to start telling you how government has not provided stationery and other consumables for them to function properly. At the end of the say...YOU MUST DROP!!
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by ollyruffy: 8:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
Nigeria is a failed country. What is the sense in the police making people to surfer to get tint permit on a factory fitted tint glass.

What law even authorizes the police to impose this hardship on the poor masses? Lawyers in the house, over to you.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by blackmentor(m): 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2016
Please which document do i need for the online registration of the tinted permit? have been trying for days now nut the site isnt opening.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by TSAT: 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
PLS, can anyone confirm if the process has been extended till May 30th? a friend said a friend in FHQ told him.

ollyruffy:
Nigeria is a failed country. What is the sense in the police making people to surfer to get tint permit on a factory fitted tint glass.

What law even authorizes the police to impose this hardship on the poor masses? Lawyers in the house, over to you.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 24, 2016
Did mine about three weeks ago in Asaba.up till now if ichwck the site it still shows under processing.the site has been off since yesterday,but no police disturbance for now.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by chanx: 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
Excuzeme:

See Below:

Thanks
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Olayimikami: 7:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
Yeah. The dateline has been extended. Its now possible to revalidate till the 31st of May.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Macmilla(m): 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
A failed country indeed.
The only country in d world where someone will ask u for custom papers for a car that was registered 10yrs ago.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An SUV Rammed Into Ditch In Awolowo Road (pictures) / Honda CRV Owners Forum / How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.