Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) (30135 Views)

What Automated Machines, Robots Are Doing To Us – Nigerian Workers / 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand / Ghana Military Women Are Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by JAZES(m): 2:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
Some Nigerian women have gone the ‘extra mile’ to prove the saying ‘what a man can do a woman can do better’.

Nigerian women have often been classified as either ‘home makers’ who even when educated should stay home and remain in the kitchen, or ‘prostitutes’ who are often regarded as lazy.

Some women have taken it upon themselves to change this perception, as they have ventured into a world mostly dominated by men.

These women have made it clear that your gender shouldn’t stop you from chasing your dreams and excelling at them, ignoring whatever obstacles you might encounter. Here are some pictures to prove this:

1. The female drivers:

see more: http://www.onlineleaks247.com/index.php/2016/03/18/10-male-jobs-nigerian-women-do-to-defy-stereotypes/

1 Like

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by JAZES(m): 2:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
More Female drivers

1 Like

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by McCarlito(m): 2:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
U surprise

No be dem say "what a man can do; a woman can do better"

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by JAZES(m): 2:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
2. The female mechanics:

One woman actually took it upon herself to rehabilitate girls who had been ‘working’ on the streets as prostitutes, by starting an institute where she trains the girls as mechanics.

3. The female pilot:

3 Likes

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by JAZES(m): 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
4. The female barbers:

5. The female cobbler/ shoemaker:

6. The female sports analyst:

2 Likes

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by JAZES(m): 2:23pm On Mar 18, 2016
7. The female bricklayer:

8. The female building painter:

3 Likes

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by JAZES(m): 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
9. The female labourer:

10. The female carpenter:

These ambitious women have defied society by venturing into areas traditionally operated by men
and taking it upon themselves to earn a living by not depending on any man, but on the work of their own hands.
I say a big KUDOS to them

CC: lalasticlala, ishilove, seun

4 Likes

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by darkenkach(m): 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
And they are beautiful too. Are they also intelligent?

4 Likes

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by mrnuur(m): 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
Thats nice they're coming up

1 Like

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by ammyluv2002(f): 2:39pm On Mar 18, 2016
Women are great

4 Likes

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by ClassCaptain(m): 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
Kudos.

Waiting for the

female miners, female well diggers, female nepa official that claims pole, female herdswoman cheesy

14 Likes

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
still waiting for a female well-digger...

1 Like

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
Driving Job.

Driving job wey them go pay me 300k?

As a babe, na to call am "Executive Chauffeur", add my own swag inside dey wear nicely tailored suits.

If i hear say i no do am.

cheesy

Most of the women on that list reminds me of Corasco, Husband for hire.

That woman can do any handy job.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by GothamLuke: 4:10pm On Mar 18, 2016
Guy, gender equality dey naija job market
Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by deewhone(f): 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
Big kudos 2 women dt can do numbers 7 and 8
Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by Sijo01(f): 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
Women/mothers, the backbone of all household!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by falolajacob(m): 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
Na real women be dis no be those oshos wen wan chop food for where dem no sow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by ZACHIE: 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2016
show me a female plumber
show me a female waste disposer
Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by MosakuAW(m): 4:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
Am waiting for first female Nigeria President.

I will be very happy.

This is why am roothing and praying hard for Hillary Clinton to become the first female president of the capital of the world.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by mruwaifo1: 4:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
why
Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 18, 2016
grin
Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by lilmax(m): 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
MosakuAW:
Am waiting for first female Nigeria President.

I will be very happy.

This is why am roothing and praying hard for Hillary Clinton to become the first female president of the capital of the world.
next 20 years grin it's a fact

1 Like

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
Role models dem
Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
the femal robbers
Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by Intendy: 4:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
no one here is strange to me. kudos to the hard working women
Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by ikombe: 4:23pm On Mar 18, 2016
ClassCaptain:
female herdswoman cheesy
grin
Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by Lilimax(f): 4:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
Abeg, has Linda Ikeji been able to locate Blessingnick Nicolas (2nd to the last picutre). undecided
She promised to give her 500K for choosing this present work she's doing. embarassed
Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by slowbreeze(f): 4:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
Its good to know dat things av changed..Enuf of all dese stereotype BS..I av a female medical dr friend who says she gets called "nurse" by @ least 60% of ppl/patients she meets at d hospital ,in dis 21st century.as if drs are meant to be males & nurses females...
Women,If u can do it,pls go ahead!!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by baby124: 4:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
Female discrimination is not an African thing. It was introduced by Europeans. Mind you, your great grand mother's were probably more capable than this.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by tuniski: 4:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
darkenkach:
And they are beautiful too. Are they also intelligent?
That is pure intelligence! Not the lazy brain waiting for men or even men carrying cvs about. I duff my hat. These are nation builders!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) by funkyrash(m): 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
Oboy! The barbing own fit wait ooooo... Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Build 3 Years Work Experience In A Single Year As A Fresh Graduate / Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.