Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far (30159 Views)

10 Important Career Lessons Most People Learn Too Late In Life / Top Black CEOs At Global Corporations And Lessons From Their Careers / 3 Life Lessons I Learned From A Shoe Cobbler - Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Misterdhee1(m): 7:26am On Jul 13, 2016
BY ADEDIRAN ADEDAYO ABDULLAHI

Cristiano Ronaldo is back in the limelight, this time for every goo reasons. With 3 Balon d'ors, three champions league winners' medals, three English Premier League titles, one Laliga winners' medal and of recent, an Euros gold medal off his Portuguese National side's triumph at the Continental tournament in France, alongside a daunting long list of individual awards, Cristiano Ronaldo is no doubt one of the greatest players to have graced the soccer pitch ever. At 31, he has virtually won every trophy he has competed for, in his club career, and an important bragging right, with his latest winner's medal with his country, which has ironically eluded his career nemesis, and 5 -time Balon d'or winner, Lionel Messi. From his daring ego, to his "crazy never lose mentality", Cristiano is surely a model to be studied by every dick and Harry that craves for success in their life pursuits. Here are the top takeaways:

- HARDWORKINGNESS : Numerous accounts have been giving by his teammates and coaches, both of present and in the past of how much an hardworker Ronaldo is. From his frequent early arrivals at the training sessions, to being the last to go home after training, to unimaginable fitness routines, it is a no-brainer, the extent to which diligence has driven Cristiano to the very top of the sporting ladder.

- SELF-BELIEF AND WORTH : Taunt him as much as you can on his tense Rivalry with Lionel Messi, it will never in a way achieve the desired 'taunting' objectives, because it will only propel the Portuguese to smashing past records and setting new records of his own Making. He so much believe in his abilities on the pitch, that the best of his epic replies to criticisms have been performance-related on the soccer field. You criticize Cristiano, he breaks new goal scoring record to respond accordingly.

- WINNING MENTALITY : Try list the sorest of losers in the world of sports, and Cristiano Ronaldo's name will be spelt out in gold. His "always win" mindset has made him much haters, as much as it has placed him in the league of his own as a soccer great. He has cried puerilely for losing matches, lashed out at teammates for his teams' defeats, and go bizarre lengths to get fit for important fixtures he looked set to miss. You can't beat his winning mentality!

- REALNESS : It is a glaring fact that Ronaldo for all his greatness is proud and individualistic, but what has helped him through these controversial lifestyles, is his submission to be real to himself and the world. He rubs his characters at your face and let you know without fear of rebuke that he is only human. He is human being, that comes first before his career profile. He uses it to his own advantage, without giving a damn about who loves or hates him for being real to himself.

- COMPETITIVENESS AND CONSISTENCY : Having won his first Balon d'or award at Manchester United, as a young age of 23 in 2008, the prospect of having the Balon d'or all to himself for many years, was cut short by the ingenuity of Barcelona's Lionel Messi, who snatched the 2009 trophy from him, and condemned him to 2nd place for two more years, and a no appearance at the best three in 2010. For a player has incredible as Cristiano, this is a failure. Losing out at such reproachful frequency, was enough to reduce him to mediocrity, but he chose to be consistent in his performances in other to be in competitive reach of his archrival. He came back to the Balon d'or podium as a winner in 2013, four years after his first win. With his successes with both Country and Club so far this year in major competitions, he looks set to scoop what will be his fourth Balon d'or award (With Leo Messi on five) , in a career that has seen him compete relentlessly and admirably with 'arguably' the greatest soccer player in history Lionel Messi, for the best player gong.

SOURCE : http://www.nkenu.com/2016/07/important-career-lessons-to-learn-from.html?m=1

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Edwinmason(m): 8:04am On Jul 13, 2016
point of correction..3 premier league

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Misterdhee1(m): 8:37am On Jul 13, 2016
Edwinmason:
point of correction..3 premier league
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Edwinmason(m): 10:01am On Jul 13, 2016
Misterdhee1:
Thanks.
u welcome

1 Like

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nice write up

4 Likes

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Misterdhee1(m): 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Nice write up
Thanks sir
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Misterdhee1(m): 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
Cc Mynd44
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by veekid(m): 6:51am On Jul 17, 2016
Okay I'll read later
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 17, 2016
THE MAN OF THE YEAR smiley
Nice one op
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by adioolayi(m): 6:52am On Jul 17, 2016
Showmanship grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by johnstar(m): 6:52am On Jul 17, 2016
undecided
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by nnamdibig(m): 6:53am On Jul 17, 2016
The lesson I learn everyday from that guy is hard work and dedication. I always say that Messi is a product of talent(naturally talented) while Ronald(not as talented as Messi but is competing with him at the highest level) is a product of hard work. Nobody gave him chance when he went to Madrid. Even Kaka was once rated above this guy but look at them today.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by osborn442(m): 6:53am On Jul 17, 2016
Ronaldo is surely an epitome of hardwork and consistency

6 Likes

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Nwogeh: 6:55am On Jul 17, 2016
Thats great
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by funmilade4real(m): 6:55am On Jul 17, 2016
World best

1 Like

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by dearsly(m): 6:55am On Jul 17, 2016
He's good!....but MESSI is better....and God pass dem

17 Likes

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by ednut1(m): 6:55am On Jul 17, 2016
After the world cup saga with Rooney. Ronaldo was the most hated man when he came bk to england. The away fans literally booed for 90mins , he was determined to shut dem up. In doing so his game improved. I used to work in a beer shop at villa park den as per student hustle. Dey booed Ronaldo die dat day nov or dec 06. Bt when he nack dem akpako twice dey kept shut

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by lonelydora: 6:57am On Jul 17, 2016
CR7 is a real baller.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by ascholani09(m): 6:57am On Jul 17, 2016
Dats my boy cr7 next world best

Ororo

9 Likes

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Hakolahwohle(m): 6:58am On Jul 17, 2016
What do u expect. ....Ronaldo world best ever liveth
Sure he is our next world player again. ......haters gonna hate forever

3 Likes

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by thorbar(m): 6:58am On Jul 17, 2016
CR7
He indeed has a winning spirit
Hater will compare him with Messi
But these are great footballers closely greatest
Why not let us sit down and enjoy them while dey play

I love RONALDO
I say no to camparison
#my opinion

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Tonylyte(m): 6:59am On Jul 17, 2016
hi haters!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 17, 2016
;Dc ronaldo.......christamu ronamu as my friends did call him grin

1 Like

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by ajbabs(m): 6:59am On Jul 17, 2016
Fg
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by steve6: 7:00am On Jul 17, 2016
Hard work pays! Go CR7!

1 Like

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by ddippset(m): 7:00am On Jul 17, 2016
These mods must be a bunch of ronaldo fans. The don't want to let the season pass. But just like every other player who has achieved national team success before him, it must pass.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 17, 2016
Cool..
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by softRay(m): 7:09am On Jul 17, 2016
World class.. CR7
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by olumaxi(m): 7:12am On Jul 17, 2016
They cal him ORORO wea i com from

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Jalubarika(m): 7:15am On Jul 17, 2016
This is a story when Cristiano Ronaldo was little and he was still a nobody. He and his friend were vying for a spot in an academy of Andorinha in Funchal, Madeira.

“I have to thank my old friend Albert Fantrau for my succes. We played together for the same team in the U-18 championship. When a scout came to see us he said that : “Who score’s more goals will come in our academy”.

“We won that match 3-0. I scored the first goal then Albert scored the second with a great header. But the third goal was impressive for all of us.

Albert was 1 on 1 against the goalkeeper , he rounded the goalkeeper and i was running in front of him.

All he had to do was to score that goal but he passed it to me and i scored the third goal , so i got that spot and went to the academy.

After the match i went to him and asked him why ? .. he said that “Because you are better than me”

Journalists then went to Albert’s house and asked him if it was a true story. He said yes.

He also said that his career as a player after the match ended and now is unemployed.

“But how did you build this house so great, you have a car? You seem like a rich man. You also able keep your family .. From where did this come from? ‘

Albert more proudly replied: “It is from Ronaldo

97 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Peacefulgold(m): 7:16am On Jul 17, 2016
I am so proud of him...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / A Kogi State Civil Servant Resigned Due To Non Payment Of Salary / How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.