Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Alternative To PHCN! - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Alternative To PHCN! (1611 Views)

An Alternative To The $300 Shopping Restriction / Say Goodbye To PHCN / Say Goodbye To PHCN/NEPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alternative To PHCN! by segebee(m): 1:47am On Nov 08, 2006
hey guys, im posting this thread cos of the concerns i've seen about inverters,
i wrote a step-by-step ebook on the subject and im giving it out for N500
should be free bt that covers d money for time@cafe and stress in sending
pls, this will only carry basic appliances like fans,tv,pcs,laptops,etc
it can last for 6-12 hrs
u can reach me ; segebee1@yahoo.co.uk for more
Re: Alternative To PHCN! by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:00pm On Nov 08, 2006
like how much would it cost to build the inverter as that
would determine if the ebook would be of any use to me
thanks
Re: Alternative To PHCN! by Afam(m): 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2006
Inverter technology is straightforward and easy to understand but the simplicity is basically the main reason for many bad inverters.

It takes real understanding to protect the unit, the personnel and the loads it is intended to power.

There is just a thin line between a reliable inverter and another fire harzard in your house.
Re: Alternative To PHCN! by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2006
@afam
its sounds so unreliable i guess
i should turn to solar now. like how much wud it cost me to have one that wud carry my desktop pc and tv?
Re: Alternative To PHCN! by Afam(m): 6:42pm On Nov 14, 2006
Well setup inverters are very reliable, I do not have any generator in my office neither do I use the one I have at home unless I need to start it once in a while so it doesn't packup and I never run out of power supply.

The part concerning fire harzard is based on the likelihood of getting one that is not designed properly, remember that the unit works every single day so you know what to expect if it's a faulty one.

Turning to solar is far from the solution because solar is the most expensive form of power generation and in most cases you still need an inverter to convert the native dc to ac that your appliances use.

Unless you are ready to pay for solar panels with integrated inverters which will still be terribly expensive.

The power situation in Nigeria is such that with a properly designed alternative energy solution you can spend years without ever using a generator and yet enjoy uninterrupted power supply.

Hope the information above makes sense especially as regards your question.
Re: Alternative To PHCN! by segebee(m): 10:22pm On Nov 16, 2006
sorry i took some time, its studies.
@ adewaleafolabi the inverter will cost say N10,000.
cos we're on nairaland i'll give u a hint:
the inverter is made of a ups and battery(inverter type)
so the book just tells you what to do.
but why not, u can try and practise if u can figure it out, and pls reply if u do.

so u know, a simple inverter in the market could cost N25,000
Re: Alternative To PHCN! by Seun(m): 10:58am On May 11, 2007
There's a 13,000 naira 1.2 kva inverter being advertised in the Guardian.
Re: Alternative To PHCN! by myteax: 7:55pm On May 11, 2007
Pls can you help me out with the phone number of the inverter advertized on the guardian, or their addresss @ Seun
Re: Alternative To PHCN! by segebee(m): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2007
seun, u dey spoil my market wink

Anyway, sorry for taking really long, i've suspended d book for a while cos im working on it

Right now im selling Real finished inverters that are made in naija by a reputable company

this is cos d demand is so high and of course, they're paying me smiley

if u need a real inverter, it starts from N90000 plus inverter battery which lasts for 10-12 yrs

or need more info: mail; segebee1@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks
Re: Alternative To PHCN! by dearstan(m): 11:19am On Jun 09, 2007
@segebee
Can anyone tell me how long a regular inverter would last without electricity if basic household items are plugged to it? For e.g Frigde, PC, television, lights,
Re: Alternative To PHCN! by segebee(m): 11:42am On Jun 09, 2007
depending on the load you place on it and the amount of batteries u buy

id say minimum 3 maximum more than 6,
more batteries more lasting time
less load longer time

the inverter can power anything and though it might be expensive it is better off in the long run

tell me what you want to power and i can give u a quote
segebee1@yahoo.co.uk or call 08035464428
Re: Alternative To PHCN! by exago(m): 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2007
Seun Please can you help me out with the phone number of the inverter advertized on the Guardian, or their addresss

(1) (Reply)

Bold 5 For Sale / HTC Raider Pre-ordered By Fredrex Of NL From Fhemmmy ** Thanks 4 UR BIZ - Here** / Facts You Must Know About Techno Android Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.