Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Fuel Scarcity Fraud. An Observation. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Scarcity Fraud. An Observation. (876 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: What Is The Situation, How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area? / How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity / Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity Fraud. An Observation. by Raymie(m): 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
With the biting fuel scarcity of which there seems no end in sight, a lot of us either for impatience or unavailability of products at official rates have resorted to buying at the black' markets whether they have filling stations or sell in jerrycans.

A recent observation by an acquaintance of mine about the jerrycan sellers was that he personally observed these sellers putting spoonfuls of fine charcoal like substances into their gallons prior to filling them, the implication he said makes the fuel more buoyant.

His concern wasn't about the fraud as its rampant in times like this. It was the implication such substance may have on fuel lines, injection systems and what not on our vehicles and other petrol using machinery. In a situation where most of us are dealing with bad fuel already with its attendant demerits, having these 'unknown' substances into ones engine may cause certain degrees of damage. So until such substance, what it does and its implications are known publicly, I advise that except when absolutely necessary, we shy away from people dispensing in the gallons. Lets not exorcise one demon by introducing another. Cheers.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Fraud. An Observation. by lonelydora: 5:19am On Mar 19, 2016
Just when i thought I have seen it all.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Fraud. An Observation. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 19, 2016
I lost hope ever since Nigerians bathed salt water because of ebola
Re: Fuel Scarcity Fraud. An Observation. by 9icetoo(m): 11:34pm On Mar 19, 2016
team diesel.
fuel scarcity warris DAT?
on a serious note sha, i will advise anyone to queue for a few hours for a full tank than buy black market.
those black market fuels have sent many engines and pumps to their graves.

(1) (Reply)

How To Verify Your Number Plate, Driver’s Licence / Testimony : My Car No Longer Consume Fuel- You Can Follow Suit / Man Arrested For Using Frying Pan As A Steering Wheel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.