Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony (13554 Views)

ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG / ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands / Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Flowrymz(m): 10:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
Shortly after the Convocation Ceremony held at Imo State University Owerri, The ASUU IMSU declared a strike after a meeting held at the School Premises by 1pm, A Copy of the Strike Memo was pasted at the school’s front gate and other locations within the school premises.

They thereby advised students to stay at home till the issue is resolved.

According to the SUG Director of Information, The State Governor released a memo through the school registrar for Non-Indegenes to pay N190,000.00 as School fees.

The Memo reads:-

FROM OFFICE OF THE SUG DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION, IMSU

Motto: knowledge is power but
Information supersedes.
Ref:SUG/IMSU/DIR OF INFO/SN12/VOL1
DATE:17/03/2016
TIME:10:40 pm

IMO STATE UNIVERSITY,OWERRI
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR

FROM REGISTRA TO THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY

SUBJECT::PAYMENT OF TUTION FEES BY STUDENTS OF NON-IMO STATE ORIGIN.

DATE:15/3/2016

Please be Informed that the University Council has approved the payment of under listed category of tuition fee by students of Imo state university who are not of Imo state origin,thus

FACULTY OF MEDICINE -N190,000.00
FACULTY OF LAW- N180,000.00
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING -N180,000,00
OTHER FACULTIES- N150,000.00

The payment of this Fees is with effect from the current 2015/2016 Academic session

By a copy of this Memo the University Bursar is to take necessary action to ensure strict compliance with this directive of university council

Thank you very Much

Signed:
Emeka Ejikonye
Registrar.

That tuition fee hike for Non-indigenes caused the strike actions amongst some other issues the school management has with the State Governor, Rochas Okorocha

SOURCE - TheImpulseNG.com
http://theimpulseng.com/imo-state-university-owerri-embarks-on-strike-after-convocation-ceremony/

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 11:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Vicboi1(m): 11:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Okoroawusa that man has and would continue to be a fool

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
Good thing cannot be sustain in hands of Okorocha.

He is a disgrace to APC

19 Likes

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by vivalavida(m): 11:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
Okorocha is surely competitng with Aregbesola for the positin of the worst governor in Nigeria.
Bad news came out today that osun got just 6M from the FAAC and Okorocha had to make sure that a bad news comes out of imo too

25 Likes

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Vision4God: 11:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Ebay14(m): 12:11am On Mar 19, 2016
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by obiapkor: 12:18am On Mar 19, 2016
he canceled the free education for non indigenes,because his counterparts in other states refused to embark on free education in their various states which was part of their discussion at the last meeting which the governors held in enugu,looking at the tuition fees,it is not different from what other students pay in other state,in fact students even pay more in Enugu and Anambara state universities.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Nobody: 4:00am On Mar 19, 2016
Ok.

I don't think such nonsense has ever happened before.
Why such a heart-renting world record.. ?

1 Like

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by brownjulie(f): 9:02am On Mar 19, 2016
ah! which can change be this?

3 Likes

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by GothamLuke: 9:03am On Mar 19, 2016
Hahahahahaha see okorochas
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by truthspeaks: 9:03am On Mar 19, 2016
Funny country . Dem no even wait make dem do convocation aftr-party grin cheesy
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by demarc001: 9:03am On Mar 19, 2016
Rochas is working indeed!
Imagine somebody mentioning this man as potential president.
God help Nigeria.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Pennsylvania: 9:03am On Mar 19, 2016
Lol......so fast? Convocation never even finish sef una don lock gate.

1 Like

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 19, 2016
190k for a thrash school? grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Sijo01(f): 9:05am On Mar 19, 2016
Okorocha, following the same part Oshiomole took as regard AAU. Nothing good can come out of APC governments.

9 Likes

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by ariesbull: 9:05am On Mar 19, 2016
APC governed state ..the only one in imo ..that shows you you that Rochas is a dry man

1 Like

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by lonelydora: 9:05am On Mar 19, 2016
Lol
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 19, 2016
But education is not cheap sha. That's why those private and church[code][/code] owned unis are expensive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by weyabblog: 9:06am On Mar 19, 2016
obiapkor:
he canceled the free education for non indigenes,because his counterparts in other states refused to embark on free education in their various states which was part of their discussion at the last meeting which the governors held in enugu,looking at the tuition fees,it is not different from what other students pay in other state,in fact students even pay more in Enugu and Anambara state universities.
pls say wat u knw. Lik u love stays as zombie

4 Likes

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Pascal181: 9:07am On Mar 19, 2016
...And my wife to be is heading 2 her final semester fa.
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by kenedy175(m): 9:08am On Mar 19, 2016
Lol... 190k to study medicine in that glorified secondary school? And they still graduate half baked doctors.

I no fit laugh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by pring: 9:08am On Mar 19, 2016
Rochas remains a disgrace.
Saw this in owerri, where a round about that cost N700m Is bulldozed for d 3rd time in an administration.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Sasuwa(f): 9:09am On Mar 19, 2016
Why nah?
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by jamesbanjo(m): 9:09am On Mar 19, 2016
Choi .... No be small thing o...

Meanwhile ,, diz is my 5th FP for today grin grin grin grin

Nd am dedicating it to those that only read comments .... D lord wil strengthen yur eyes cheesy[i][/i]
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Beehshorp(m): 9:09am On Mar 19, 2016
How can I explain to u all on this forum that okorocha is nothing but a sellout...
That man is a disgrace to Ndi Igbo..

1 Like

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by 5starmilitant: 9:09am On Mar 19, 2016
IMO state has gone bankrupt because of RochAss OkoroAwusa. Now the fat pig wants to generate money by all means.

Ben Bruce is right after all, they were chanting CHAINS, and the masses mistook it for CHANGE

2 Likes

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Richnero(m): 9:10am On Mar 19, 2016
190k...... Haba now that is way to outrageous
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by oboy3(m): 9:10am On Mar 19, 2016
When Rochas was busy Chanting ''Maltreating my people'',imolites were hearing ''My people My people''

8 Likes

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by metrodirect: 9:10am On Mar 19, 2016
ghen
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by lyterydim(m): 9:10am On Mar 19, 2016
Laf won kill me die 'odikwaekwu...I told them that apc will destroy all section of our economy but wailers don't Biliv me

1 Like

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by sidneyj(m): 9:10am On Mar 19, 2016
@m not surprise

my grandfather said "when a goat that does not eat yam start to follow another goat that eat yam, it will start eating yam"

that's Okorocha after joining APC

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nota Bene: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Admission Notice Board. / How JAMB Plan To Combat Exam Cheat In 2017 UTME / Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.