Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Please Php Gurus, Help Me - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Php Gurus, Help Me (1051 Views)

PHP Gurus - Please Help With A Form. Thank You / Html Beginner Need Gurus Help / Php Gurus Help Me Out: What Is Wrong With My Code?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Php Gurus, Help Me by emmanuelatas(m): 4:59am On Mar 19, 2016
I just downloaded xamp with php 7 and my former php codes with older php version is not working like my connection to database leaves my screen blank. Any mysql command I give makes my page go blank, please what do I do. I need your urgent help, thanks.
Re: Please Php Gurus, Help Me by guru01(m): 8:58am On Mar 19, 2016
Display errors on the page by turning on error reporting and also try to use if and else or try and catch statement to detect where your code is faulty.
Re: Please Php Gurus, Help Me by larisoft: 10:42am On Mar 19, 2016
Seems like your connection parameters are faulty. You should post your connection code here, and just in case you havent tried this

you should end or all your database queries with "or die("eror occured here"wink;

for instance :

$conn = mysqli_connect("localhost", "root", ""wink or die("Error occured here ".mysqli_error($conn));

This should say why you can't connect to the database.

If that doesnt work, then you should also check xampp control panel...apache...config...php.ini..

look for

"error_reporting" and make sure its set to
"E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT".

Also make sure your xampp server installation is actually running and so is the mysql.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Was Dhtml18 Banned Today On Sunday At That? For Trollin', Gdevit Or What? / Train, Educate, Practice And Empower Yourself Through This Video Tutorial / Don't Ever In Your Life Say This To A Programmer !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.