Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Our Daily Bread Saturday March 19 2016 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Daily Bread Saturday March 19 2016 (295 Views)

Rccg Sunday School March 19, 2017 / Our Daily Bread Saturday March 26 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Daily Bread Saturday March 19 2016 by HIbreed(m): 5:45am On Mar 19, 2016
[size=30pt]Ignore No More[/size]

By Dave Branon
Philippians 1:27-30 Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ: that, whether I come and see you or be absent, I may hear of your state, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one soul striving for the faith of the gospel;
28 and in nothing affrighted by the adversaries: which is for them an evident token of perdition, but of your salvation, and that from God;

29 because to you it hath been granted in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer in his behalf:
Philippians 1:30 having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.

*****The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
Psalm 19:8

[size=30pt]I[/size] [size=17pt]don’t know how these people find me, but I keep getting more and more flyers in the mail from folks asking me to show up at their events so they can teach me about retirement benefits. It started several years ago when I began getting invitations to join an organization that works on behalf of retirees. These reminders all serve to say: “You’re getting older. Get ready!”

I have ignored them all along, but soon enough I’m going to have to break down and go to one of their meetings. I really should be taking action on their suggestions.

Sometimes I hear a similar reminder in the wisdom of Scripture. We know that what the passage says is true about us, but we are just not ready to respond. Maybe it’s a passage like Romans 14:13 that says, “Let us stop passing judgment on one another.” Or the reminder in 2 Corinthians 9:6, which tells us, “Whoever sows generously will also reap generously.” Or this reminder in Philippians 1: “Stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel without being frightened” (vv. 27-28).

As we read God’s Word, we get vital reminders. Let’s take these seriously as from the heart of the Father who knows what honors Him and is best for us.
Thank You, Lord, for Your gentle reminders. We know that the things You tell us to do in Your Word are for our good and for Your glory. Help us to step up and do the things that bring honor to Your name.
Holiness is simply Christ in us fulfilling the will and commands of the Father.

***** The apostle Paul was concerned that believers in the Roman colony of Philippi live exemplary and holy lives. He prayed for their spiritual growth and maturity (Phil. 1:9–11) and exhorted them to “conduct [themselves] in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ” (v. 27). This was a constant reminder and refrain in Paul’s letters (Eph. 4:1; Col. 1:10; 1 Thess. 2:12). The life “worthy of the gospel of Christ” is characterized by steadfastness, unity, harmony, humility, and a willingness to suffer. Suffering for Christ is a gift and a privilege for the believer (Acts 5:41; Phil. 1:29; 1 Peter 2:21; 3:14; 4:16).[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Note These Facts / Do You Love God? / Not Impossible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.