Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

What Is Faith - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Faith (2288 Views)

Is Faith Incompatible With Reason? / What Is Faith? / Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Faith by grace5: 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2009
John 1
The Word(JESUS) Became Flesh
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but
the darkness has not understood[1] it.
Re: What Is Faith by Abuzola(m): 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2009
Smile.
Grace you didn't answer alimat question, where did jesus say 'I AM YOUR GOD or WORSHIP ME ?'
Re: What Is Faith by grace5: 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2009
10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not
recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to
become children of God-- 13children born not of natural descent,[3] nor of human decision
or a husband's will, but born of God.

[i]YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN.
BELIEVE JESUS COME FOM GOD,
HE DIED ON THE CROSS, HE ROSE AFTER 3 DAYS
HE IS NOW SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD.
HE LOVES YOU
[/i]
Re: What Is Faith by Abuzola(m): 4:18pm On Aug 10, 2009
We haven't started our debate here you are, pretexting ! Nawa o. Stop blabbing and answer the question, we give you more time to search from mathew to revealation and give us where jesus said 'WORSHIP ME'
Re: What Is Faith by grace5: 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2009
Abuzola:

We haven't started our  debate here you are, pretexting ! Nawa o. Stop blabbing and answer the question, we give you more time to search from mathew to revealation and give us where jesus said 'WORSHIP ME'

HOW I WHICH TO SEE YOU WHEN I COME TO NIGERIA,THE GOD WHOM I SERVE SAID I SHOULD NOT ARGUE WITH YOU,
BUT LOVE YOU,JESUS IS GOD HE LOVES YOU.YOU ARE SPEAKING TO A FORMER MUSLIM I HAVE BEING TO MANY MUSLIM COUNTRY.
SAVE BY HIS GRACE,THE ONE THAT IS AGAINST THE GOSPEL NOW PREACH THE WORLD OF TRUTH,
MY BROTHER IS NOT ABOUT ARGUMENT IS ABOUT ETERNAL LIFE WHICH JESUS GIVES FREELY.
END
Re: What Is Faith by Abuzola(m): 4:32pm On Aug 10, 2009
Hmmmm ! No arguement, thank you. How can you know the right religion when you don't analyse and do hypothesis. What a pity, a hindu will claim that his religion is the right path, you can only make him know the truth through interrogation/challenge.

Whether you are a former muslim or not is not my business. Does who converts to christianity were in the first place never a practising muslim, they convert to xtianity for worldly gain. Everyday in Europe and U.S people are finding out the truth and thats why you see many sites trying to discredit islam so as to ,,,,,
Re: What Is Faith by grace5: 4:38pm On Aug 10, 2009
Abuzola:

Hmmmm ! No arguement, thank you. How can you know the right religion when you don't analyse and do hypothesis. What a pity, a hindu will claim that his religion is the right path, you can only make him know the truth through interrogation/challenge.

Whether you are a former muslim or not is not my business. Does who converts to christianity were in the first place never a practising muslim, they convert to xtianity for worldly gain. Everyday in Europe and U.S people are finding out the truth and thats why you see many sites trying to discredit islam so as to ,,,,,
I LOVE YOU ,YOU ARE NEEDED IN THE KINGDOM.THE TRUTH WILL ALWAYS PREVAIL.SOULISH THINKING HAVE NO PLACE IN ETERNAL TRUTH
JESUS LOVES YOU.
Re: What Is Faith by Abuzola(m): 4:44pm On Aug 10, 2009
Where did jesus say worship me or i am god ? Simple question
Re: What Is Faith by grace5: 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2009
1In the beginning was the Word(JESUS), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

NOTHING IS GREATER THAN THE WORD I AM GIVING YOU,I AM REPLYING YOU because I AM EVEN WORST THAN YOU B4,
I LOVE YOU I HOPE TO HAVE YOUR PERSONAL CONTACT.
Re: What Is Faith by Abuzola(m): 4:51pm On Aug 10, 2009
So now you are saying jesus is God, am i right ?
Re: What Is Faith by grace5: 4:55pm On Aug 10, 2009
[quote][/quote]  

GOD THE FATHER ,THE WORD (JESUS) ,THE HOLY SPIRIT  THEY ARE ONE EQUAL IN POWER ,GLORY,MAJESTY.
IMAGINE I HAVE BEEN REPLYING YOU THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT,THERE  ARE
TIME I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY OWN THINKING REPLY BUT HE RESTAIN ME
YES YES YES JESUS IS GOD
Re: What Is Faith by grace5: 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2009
The great Babylon of world commerce and religion based on greed and wanton pleasure seeking must come down and may have now already begun to fall.

Rev 18:2: And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird!

Rev 18:4: And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.

Rev 18:8: "Therefore her plagues will come in one day; death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her.

Rev 18:10: "standing at a distance for fear of her torment, saying, 'Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! For in one hour your judgment has come.'

Rev 18:11: "And the merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her, for no one buys their merchandise anymore:

The glorious heavenly city of New Jerusalem must come forth to rule the earth with the ways of heaven and pure worship based on love, righteousness, peace, and joy.

Rev 21:2-4: Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

The power of Jesus Christ has come in holy people (mature sons) of God to cast down the works of the enemy and overcome him. In Christ there is power over all the power of the enemy. Let the mighty army of Christ in His people arise in the power of His love. Let the whole earth rejoice; our great salvation has come and the kingdom of our God has come in the power of His Christ. Glory to God! Amen.
Re: What Is Faith by Abuzola(m): 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2009
The fact that jesus never said He is God isn't a trouble for you then what about this

john 5:30
'i can do nothing on my own authority, as i hear, i judge, and my judgement is just because i seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me'

can God not do anything in his own authority ? Can God be sent by another God ? Must GOD be order to do something before he does, jesus said as he hear he judge.

C'mon lets not humiliate the alpha and omega, the superpower, All mighty and All knowing, you people are degrading God. On that Day eyes will bear witness that God is Almighty, right from ur grave
Re: What Is Faith by grace5: 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2009
14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the
glory of the One and Only,[4] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth

JESUS IS GOD IN FLESH TO REDEEM YOU
Re: What Is Faith by Abuzola(m): 5:25pm On Aug 10, 2009
You see what am saying. Why not find out the truth instead of blindly following a thing, the truth shall set you free in this life and in the hereafter.

You said jesus is God and i gave you the similitude of how can God be characterized with the sample i wrote.
May God open your heart amin
Re: What Is Faith by grace5: 6:08pm On Aug 10, 2009
14The man without the Spirit[i](natural,soulish man)[/i]
does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to
him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The
spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's
judgment:
16"For who has known the mind of the Lord
that he may instruct him?"[4] But we have the mind of Christ.
Re: What Is Faith by alimat2(f): 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2009
@Grace
I have nt come to argue but to know what i dnt understand

I think there is no verse in the bible where jesus said directly dat he is God, all he says is about 1 true God that sent him and all should worship including him(Jesus)

To the best of the written in the bible i never think jesus knows about the word trinity or him being God,it is people that misunderstand the parables of jesus, and jesus as said that only the wise will understand.
Calling jesus God is a what jesus is nt aware of.
Pls i want u to convince me where it is directly said by jesus that he is God, and if u can convince me enough this can make me convert to ur religion.

thanks
Re: What Is Faith by grace5: 11:21am On Aug 11, 2009
I Will Take Care Of You

Do not fear, little one, when the enemy comes into your like a storm.
You do not face him alone, for I stand there with you and I raise up
a standard over you.

The enemy of your soul wants to use fear and terror against you. He
will do whatever he can to make you afraid or to make you lose hope.
He wants you to despair, so that you will give up and stop trying to
walk out your destiny. He doesn't want you to accomplish the things
that I have created you to do.

Little one, his power over you is very limited and his power to do
you harm is not nearly as much as he would like you to think that
it is.

I, on the other hand, have all power. I am fully able to take care of
My own, and I am more than willing to do so. So, don't be afraid,
little one. I am here with you and I will indeed take care of you.
Put your trust in Me and fear not.
Re: What Is Faith by Abuzola(m): 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2009
Shame on you grace. How can you stupidly follow a religion which has no bases, you are not the only one, many christians like you follow christianity without knowing a tit, jesus never claim to be a god not to talk of his disciples worshipping him. Haa , all you do is put an excuse. Nawa o. Those who are following this religion section have realize the truth, i expect sooner that many converts will pervade
Re: What Is Faith by grace5: 10:09am On Aug 12, 2009
“Hearing” ~ A Precious Gift"

I work with elderly people and this afternoon I took one of my lady clients who is ninety-five years old to an ear doctor for an adjustment on her hearing aide. While in the waiting room I noticed a diagram of an ear with the entire auditory system on the wall. The picture showed the sensory system for hearing. Above the diagram was a huge sign which read: HEARING – A PRECIOUS GIFT. When I read that sign the Holy Spirit quickened this word to me. The doctor explained to me that sometimes the voices and noises around the patient are amplified with the hearing aide and it interferes with them tuning in to the voice of the person that is speaking to them. All the clamour around them can be so loud and disturbing that they have to learn how to tune out the outside distractions to be able to hear the person who is speaking to them. I thought to myself, what an awesome analogy for Christians that are having difficulty hearing the voice of the Holy Spirit. Before we can hear His voice we need to first filter out the voice of our soul (Our own thoughts), the voices of the people around us and the voices of the enemy. We can all learn to hear the Holy Spirits voice. This is His desire for us but we must be willing to submit to Him and tune our ears to hear. Jesus said in the book of John that His sheep know His voice.

John 10: 4 - 5
And when He brings out His own sheep, He goes before them; and the sheep follow Him, for they know His voice. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.

Hearing His voice is one of the most precious gifts that we can receive. Communication is always a two way street. It is important to keep a line of communication open with God. He can speak to us through a still small voice, an inner thought, an image, a dream or a vision, a feeling, a knowing, an impression, meditation (on Him) or whatever other way He chooses. The key is to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and how He is speaking at the time because He speaks in so many ways.

Job 33: 14 - 16
For God may speak in one way, or in another, Yet man does not perceive it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, When deep sleep falls upon men, While slumbering on their beds, Then He opens the ears of men, And seals their instruction.

Hearing His voice is not some mystical or spooky thing. You may have heard some people claiming that God said certain things that were totally absurd but don't allow that to turn you off from the genuine. It is imperative that you know the Holy Spirits voice for yourself so that you don't get derailed from the truth. His voice will always line up with His word. Learning to hear Gods voice is not something we learn instantly but it is a process. It is imperative to spend quality time with reading the Word of God and prayer to cultivate a personal relationship with Him. A person will take on the aroma of whatever they spend a lot of time around.

Isaiah 30:21
Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left.

The more intimate you become with Him, the easier it will become to recognize His voice. Although there are many voices out there that vies for your attention, tune in to His voice. The key is to become sensitive to The Holy Spirit. Ask the Lord to sensitize you to His voice and fine tune your hearing. Ask for clarification and discernment. He desires to commune with you.
Re: What Is Faith by alimat2(f): 10:22am On Aug 12, 2009
@ Sister Grace

Pls my question is straight and direct and i think the answer should be simple YES or NO. I just wanna know cos about to change to a xtian and i convertion depends on ur answer

If u can answer me then you hav win a soul for Jesus
Re: What Is Faith by grace5: 10:28am On Aug 12, 2009
I SAID NO ARGUMENT,THE GOSPEL WHICH IS FOOLISH TO YOU NOW,IS THE POWER OF GOD TO SALVATION.
JESUS IS GOD,HE CREATE EVERY THING NOTHING WAS MADE WITHOUT HIM.
THANKS

END grin grin grin
Re: What Is Faith by Abuzola(m): 10:47am On Aug 12, 2009
This Alimat nawa for you, are you a practising muslim ? Anyway is left to you to be a xtrian.
Re: What Is Faith by DMD(m): 11:07am On Aug 12, 2009
Faith is a supernatural magnetic force that always attracts the attention of divinity (Almighty God) to act and produce the desired result.
Re: What Is Faith by alimat2(f): 11:13am On Aug 12, 2009
@ Abu,

I can not serve the father and the son as two seperate God, if i do that means my God is 2, also i cant
  serve a  god   that is 3 in 1  cos my God is just ONE(1)

My God did nt begot niether  was he beggoten and does nt have a wife,My God did nt die and  raise again cos he is everlasting GOD

The reason why am asking the question is  to reply a xtian dat is preaching the gospel to me and if they can            prove to me that jesus declared himself as God then i will convert.  

(which cant be possible) grin grin grin
Re: What Is Faith by grace5: 10:35am On Aug 13, 2009
A Message From Jesus

I am Jesus, and I come to you as Lord and Master. Many choose to see
Me as helpless and powerless, as an infant baby wrapped in swaddling
clothes. I did come to you that way, I humbled Myself to be born of
man. But I did not remain that way. I grew and matured in the times
and seasons that the Father appointed for Me, and I rose up into
maturity to take My place and to fulfill My destiny.

I am not a helpless child; I am Lord over all of the earth. Yes, I am
Lord of the sea and of the storm, and even the tumultuous waves
obey My voice. I am Lord over all of creation, and that is why I was
able to multiple food and create wine out of water. I am Lord over
every sickness and infirmity, and no disease that I choose to heal
can stand before Me. I have been granted all authority in Heaven and
in earth. that is why the demons of Hell both tremble before Me and
obey My voice. I am the righteous judge, and all mankind will one day
stand before My judgment throne, for My Father has given Me power
over the final destiny of all creation. Yes, I am Lord over all of
humanity, and every man woman and child will one day bow before Me
and give Me My rightful due as Lord.

When you chose to believe in Me, I became your Lord and your Master.
I have a great love for you, but I also have the expectation that you
will obey Me because you love Me. I expect that you will make Me Lord
of every area of your life. It is time for you to take inventory and
to take store of the areas of your life where you are resisting Me.
It is time for you to lay them upon the alter and to give them to Me.
I fully expect to be Lord and Master of every area of your life--do
not hold any of them back from Me.

I also expect you to put your faith and your confidence in Me. Dear
one, since I am Lord of all of the universe, is there anything too
hard for Me? Do you have a problem that seems to big for Me to
handle or that seems like it is too much for Me to be able to take
care of? Make Me your Lord in this area as well; turn it over to
Me. Watch and see how I am able to tame the fiercest storm and
adversity in your life. Watch and see how I am able to provide for
your needs and to heal your worst infirmities, and how I am able to
bring My love and My peace into your situation. Watch and see how I
will bring My glory into your life, for I am indeed Lord of all and
nothing is too hard for Me.

Dear one, I am not the helpless babe of the Christmas songs, but I am
Lord of all creation. I want you to love Me with all of your heart,
and out of your great love for Me, truly make Me Lord and Master of
every area of your life. Commit in your heart to obey Me and to honor
Me, and then watch and see how My goodness and My glory will prevail
in every area of your life; for I am Lord indeed.
Re: What Is Faith by Abuzola(m): 8:53pm On Aug 13, 2009
Stop putting words in jesus mouth. You never quote to support your lies
Re: What Is Faith by grace5: 9:33am On Aug 14, 2009
I Am the Alpha & Omega

I am the alpha and omega; I am the first and the last. I am your breath
and your life. I am all that you were meant to be, so come and keep
company with Me.

As you seek Me, you will find Me. What you see in Me, you will have
also, for I long to give good gifts that come with joy and blessings.
These blessings will take root and manifest within your own heart. You
will discover them when you spend time with Me, that I make this deposit
of My Spirit in you. I give you more than you can think or imagine. I
give you My joy that persists in the midst of a trial. I give you My
love to carry you in the face of adversity. I have come to give you an
abundant life, and to share in that fruitfulness with others.

The door to My heart remains open to you, and you may enter into My
presence at any time. I have come so that you might share fellowship
with Me. So come, spend time with Me, for this is where you become
just like Me.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only
Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have
eternal life"
Re: What Is Faith by Diva1(f): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2009
Faith is that which we cannot see but believe and hope for.
Re: What Is Faith by grace5: 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2009
A New Level of Faith

I am taking you to a new level of faith. A level where you will learn to stand in the midst of pain and difficult circumstances, knowing they are not the reality of what I have spoken to your heart. Your faith will rise so that even when things don't seem to change, or even appear to worsen, you will know that what I say and what I do is TRUTH.

You will look beyond circumstances and not live by what you feel. You will know that you are healed even when you are in pain in your body. You will know I have a plan and purpose even in the midst of the chaos of circumstances, You will look beyond, as you go higher and over the obstacles Satan has puts in your path.

The seed of faith in you is growing. Plant yourself beside the waters and you will rapidly grow into a mighty oak, firmly planted-roots deep. I have given you eyes to see what I'm doing. Remove the veil of unbelief and flesh so your sight will be clearer.
Re: What Is Faith by alimat2(f): 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2009
Grace how are u grin grin grin grin grin wink wink wink[pre][/pre]
Re: What Is Faith by Abuzola(m): 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2009
Allah is God and Muhammad na him messenger

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Rational Case For The Existence Of God. / ONLY JESUS CAN SAVE, why Is That So? / Gospel Singer Steve Crown Sends A Strong And Important Message To Worship Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.