Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. (23925 Views)

Free Flights To New Zealand Are Offered To Job Jeekers With IT Skills. / My Advice To Job Seekers With Waec Certificate Error / Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 19, 2016
truthalways:
Apply Apply Apply; i kind of disagree with this one. You just can't be applying to every job in your discipline na. You need to have your vision and what you are aiming for. Desperation is the mother of all disasters.
.and applying for a Job in your discipline is now tagged as Desperation?
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by kevoh(m): 5:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
DeeTus:
Who told you that?
No one told me that, I was once in that position before becoming gainfully employed. When you see crowds at Job test centers, 250000 graduates vying for only 50 trainee positions. What happens to the remaining 249950 graduates? What happens to the hundreds of thousand graduates that will finish NYSC and join the 249950 graduates months later? How do you manage to stand out from mammoth applicants?

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by NwaforAndrew: 6:00pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congratulations, I will tell my own story soon
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by NwaforAndrew: 6:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congratulations, I will tell my own story soon[color=#990000][/color]
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 19, 2016
kevoh:

No one told me that, I was once in that position before becoming gainfully employed. When you see crowds at Job test centre, 250000 graduates vying for only 50 trainee positions. What happens to the remaining 249950 graduates? What happens to the hundreds of thousand graduates that will finish NYSC and join the 249950 graduates months later?
Are you thinking about yourself or other people? In a job situation, you have to try your best and be open-minded. But the CV remains your greatest asset to scale through first till interview stage. You see, a lot of folks out there probably don't know how to be articulative and sound natural during the process of interview to win the heart of interviewers. There are a few tricks for that as well.

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by mamajaz(f): 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2016
henrydadon:
i thought u were going to say we shouldnt vote for buhari when next there is going to be a re election grin
Nut don loose.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Dannan: 6:32pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congratulationsto us all. Shalom. It is well Amen
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by babyfaceafrica: 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2016
Nothing new here at all....let me add ,connection is how majority get their jobs...divine connection or padipadi connection
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by kevoh(m): 6:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
DeeTus:
Are you thinking about yourself or other people? In a job situation, you have to try your best and be open-minded. But the CV remains your greatest asset to scale through first till interview stage. You see, a lot of folks out there probably don't know how to be articulative and sound natural during the process of interview to win the heart of interviewers. There are a few tricks for that as well.
You are still missing the point. There are little or no jobs out there! How do you know people are not taking both OP's opinion and yours and still not getting the job? How do you know out of 250 000 people vying for just 50 trainee positions, 10 000 took your opinion and are still left without jobs after the 50 are selected? What will make a Phd holder apply for a driver's position?

You can polish your CV, be articulate and sound natural from now till eternity just have it at the back of your mind that there are also tens of thousands of graduates with equally polished CVs(some with foreign qualifications), articulate and sounding natural also fighting for that same position as you. Infact, from 2011 till present, out of about 40 friends that I know got jobs, only 2 of them got jobs through their CVs others were through padi-padi connection. One even got job with Chevron through padi-padi connection. The same Chevron that thousands of graduates where fighting to enter back in 2012.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Jarus(m): 7:07pm On Mar 19, 2016
darkenkach:
I still don't know why I am yet to land my dream job. Maybe studying political Sci was a waste of my four years.

Did you make a 2.1?

Are you below 26?

Have you applied to professional services firms, banks etc?

Have you written any test? What was your performance if yes?
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by sirculynz(m): 7:12pm On Mar 19, 2016
kevoh:
Jobs are scarce for graduates without experience that is just the truth .

I didn't have much experience but I got employed. u as well can
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by sirculynz(m): 7:15pm On Mar 19, 2016
rheether:
Lol..Fool, i tot you had a job? fake ass pretenders every were. Go and look for a job and stop wasting on NL .

What is this one saying
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by kevoh(m): 7:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
sirculynz:

I didn't have much experience but I got employed. u as well can
Lol... I'm gainfully employed over 5 years now.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by octopusfreaky(f): 7:38pm On Mar 19, 2016
Thanks OP,ds is my year oo.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
kunlebco:

Continue tapping. That one Na job too

undecided
undecided undecided
undecided undecided undecided
undecided undecided undecided undecided
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
kevoh:

You are still missing the point. There are little or no jobs out there! How do you know people are not taking both OP's opinion and yours and still not getting the job? How do you know out of 250 000 people vying for just 50 trainee positions, 10 000 took your opinion and are still left without jobs after the 50 are selected? What will make a Phd holder apply for a driver's position?

You can polish your CV, be articulate and sound natural from now till eternity just have it at the back of your mind that there are also tens of thousands of graduates with equally polished CVs(some with foreign qualifications), articulate and sounding natural also fighting for that same position as you. Infact, from 2011 till present, out of about 40 friends that I know got jobs, only 2 of them got jobs through their CVs others were through padi-padi connection. One even got job with Chevron through padi-padi connection. The same Chevron that thousands of graduates where fighting to enter back in 2012.
Your mind has been programmed and so, it's a huge problem for you. Jobs are still available but it's hugely depends ability.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2016
kevoh:

Your mind has already been programmed and so, it's a huge problem for you. Jobs are still available but it's hugely depends on your ability.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by phibetakappa: 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2016
Thanks, that's inspirational.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by kevoh(m): 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2016
DeeTus:
Your mind has been programmed and so, it's a huge problem for you. Jobs are still available but it's hugely depends ability.
You are the one that is out of touch with the reality on ground and has a programmed mind! No one is saying jobs are unavailable, read all my posts on this thread, they all point to the fact while the FEW jobs are available the competition for them is very high for INEXPERIENCED graduates even with polished CVs.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2016
darkenkach:
I still don't know why I am yet to land my dream job. Maybe studying political Sci was a waste of my four years.
I won't advice anyone to study political science

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by IconicEagle(m): 8:57pm On Mar 19, 2016
banjo022:
I won't advice anyone to study political science
why?? Then apart from law which other art courses will u advice them to study
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Lahel(m): 9:09pm On Mar 19, 2016
Thanks Op, my dream job is on the way.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by nbolaji(m): 10:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
Am here Bro. Thanks for the tips and congratulations on your new job.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by butanep(m): 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
Until we stop having the mentality that we didn't go to school to start looking for jobs, graduates will continue to become a peasant before employers.

Since I stopped applying for jobs, I started discovering more about my hidden potentials.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by chymi(f): 1:44am On Mar 20, 2016
butanep:
Until we stop having the mentality that we didn't go to school to start looking for jobs, graduates will continue to become a peasant before employers.

Since I stopped applying for jobs, I started discovering more about my hidden potentials.
ehm please sir....what have u been using to sustain
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by SuccessJay(m): 2:20am On Mar 20, 2016
Amen...
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by butanep(m): 6:48am On Mar 20, 2016
chymi:
ehm please sir....what have u been using to sustain

I have been living very fine. I ve been sustaining with my hidden potentials I discovered that is now fetching me money and also having time for myself. By God's Grace that hidden potentials is earning me about 70 - 80k per month. It keep increasing with time. I left my parents house to start my life 3months after and it has been going fine but not easy. There re lots of challenges which is normal about life.

I ve stopped applying for jobs online. I don't believe it works. It get one de-stabilised and unsettled. Jobs of such nature can hardly pay more than 60k and then use my life to their advantage. The day I sat on my bed and concluded there is no job out there, I started discovering ways to make money. When the real job comes, it will locate me where ever I am... before then, let me continue to use my potentials to keep my life moving. Time wait for no man.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
butanep:

I have been living very fine. I ve been sustaining with my hidden potentials I discovered that is now fetching me money and also having time for myself. By God's Grace that hidden potentials is earning me about 70 - 80k per month. It keep increasing with time. I left my parents house to start my life 3months after and it has been going fine but not easy. There re lots of challenges which is normal about life.

I ve stopped applying for jobs online. I don't believe it works. It get one de-stabilised and unsettled. Jobs of such nature can hardly pay more than 60k and then use my life to their advantage. The day I sat on my bed and concluded there is no job out there, I started discovering ways to make money. When the real job comes, it will locate me where ever I am... before then, let me continue to use my potentials to keep my life moving. Time wait for no man.

What exactly are these hidden potentials?
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2016
Congrats Bro ,I believed thus is my year of major breakthroughs, I also wish every Nairalander the same.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2016
Congrats Bro ,I believed this is my year of major breakthroughs, I also wish every Nairalander the same.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by butanep(m): 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2016
Adaobi12:
What exactly are these hidden potentials?

Do you really want to know?
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by tolsijuade(f): 8:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
nice one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ways The COVID-19 Pandemic Will Affect Your Job Search / Npower: My Dashboard Has Been Showing This. Please Help Me. / Lorache Consulting Is Recruiting For Graduate Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.