Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,994 members, 7,814,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland (25763 Views)

As A Self-published Author, How Do You Build An Audience Of Die Hard Readers? / Michelle Nkamankeng, The Youngest Published Author In Africa (PHOTOS) / If You Were Asked To Write A Book About Your Life, What Would The Title Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Harmonypublish: 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
Pecca:
I write crime fictions and I have a few manuscripts( completed & uncompleted) put away. My dream of becoming a published writer was cut short by Spectrum Books. Their conditions was quite discouraging then. give me your publishers' link. Who knows, I may just un-earth my manuscripts ie if their conditions are favourable. Thanks.
We can make your dream come true. Call us today. Thank you
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Maura1(f): 9:10pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congratulations, dear. Expecting more from you.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by janejive(f): 9:11pm On Mar 19, 2016
congrats girl, I celebrate u.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by RichEstate(m): 9:21pm On Mar 19, 2016
congratulation to NSG. go, succeed!
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Oruku: 9:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
I want to use this opportunity to thank those of you who always had nice things to say each time I published a post here. Especially those who thought I would make a good author someday.
Every time I post a 'job hunting experience', most of reprimanded me to stop wasting my time submitting job applications when I had something bigger in me, you urged me to monetise my talent. A few of you even called me 'Chimamanda' which is very flattering.

The good news is, I finally did it! Not only did I write, I got published which is every writer's dream. My book was made available in print this week and the reviews I am getting makes me really happy.

When I started out last year, I literally slept on Nairaland. This is where I came to look for information on Nigerian editors, authors, p graphic designers, publishers and the process of obtaining an ISBN number. Nairaland was truly one of my biggest sources for information and I could not help but mention it in a few chapters in my fictional novel.

Anyway, I don't want to trail from the purpose of this post. This is me saying a big thank you to everyone who supported me here. Moderators et all. (Including you, Seun).
I know a lot of budding authors are reading this I want this post to inspire them. I read something similar to this seven months ago that forced me to seat up.

If anyone has any questions related to self-publishing, ask and I'll try to respond to all of them.
...You didn't mentioned the title of the book
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by oluxy(m): 9:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
I want to use this opportunity to thank those of you who always had nice things to say each time I published a post here. Especially those who thought I would make a good author someday.
Every time I post a 'job hunting experience', most of reprimanded me to stop wasting my time submitting job applications when I had something bigger in me, you urged me to monetise my talent. A few of you even called me 'Chimamanda' which is very flattering.

The good news is, I finally did it! Not only did I write, I got published which is every writer's dream. My book was made available in print this week and the reviews I am getting makes me really happy.

When I started out last year, I literally slept on Nairaland. This is where I came to look for information on Nigerian editors, authors, p graphic designers, publishers and the process of obtaining an ISBN number. Nairaland was truly one of my biggest sources for information and I could not help but mention it in a few chapters in my fictional novel.

Anyway, I don't want to trail from the purpose of this post. This is me saying a big thank you to everyone who supported me here. Moderators et all. (Including you, Seun).
I know a lot of budding authors are reading this I want this post to inspire them. I read something similar to this seven months ago that forced me to seat up.

If anyone has any questions related to self-publishing, ask and I'll try to respond to all of them.

Congrats to you. I truly share in your success...
I write also but still find it difficult tonfind the path of editor, reviwer , or any publish house.
Please I need full details from onset to the end on how to get it published just like urs.
I also need ur number pls. Don't deny me this...
Pls find it please to send it to my email: cheyimoj@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by BabiousBlog: 9:34pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congrats NSG! Wow!#inspired.

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
Yeeee

Our NaijaSingleGirl finally did it.

Wow.

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Olubendeji: 9:54pm On Mar 19, 2016
Please may you help me with all information needed to self-publish a book. Email:OLUBENDEJI23@GMAIL.COM
Phone:08145579855
Thanks.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by bughead: 10:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:

hate reading novels angry
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by klenton(m): 10:11pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congras hun, d sky will be ur starting point

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:

Congratulations

My wife has been struggling to get her book published.

Perhaps you could share some information on how you did yours

My whatsapp number is 08171376796
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Niyinficient(m): 10:30pm On Mar 19, 2016
How person go do dis wonderful work and write him name as naijasinglegirl, Wat happen wen u marry in d future? Or wen ur grandchildren see dis book ?
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Hilaskee(m): 10:33pm On Mar 19, 2016
Great job I must say. Bravo NSG
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by williamsofficial(m): 10:37pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hello goodevening congrats. Send me a mail i have an offer for you Kcwilliams32@gmail.com
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by KLand(m): 10:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congrats NSG. You have done what many of us are still dreaming about.

You said we could ask you any question. here are two pls:

1) Did you get help with professional editors to do the editing for you? If yes, How much does such service cost in Nigeria?
2) To publish a 240 page book, how much should one budget for the first 1,000 copies?
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
Editors charge between 50kobo per word to 3 naira. It depends on how you are able to negotiate. Call my publisher on 07032212481 or send a DM to harmonypub on Twitter.
KLand:
Congrats NSG. You have done what many of us are still dreaming about.

You said we could ask you any question. here are two pls:

1) Did you get help with professional editors to do the editing for you? If yes, How much does such service cost in Nigeria?
2) To publish a 240 page book, how much should one budget for the first 1,000 copies?
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2016
Please whatsapp my publisher at 07032212481
Ganoderma:

Congratulations

My wife has been struggling to get her book published.

Perhaps you could share some information on how you did yours

My whatsapp number is 08171376796
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 10:59pm On Mar 19, 2016
DM @harmonypub on Twitter
Olubendeji:
Please may you help me with all information needed to self-publish a book. Email:OLUBENDEJI23@GMAIL.COM
Phone:08145579855
Thanks.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 11:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
Check the first post on http://www.naijasinglegirl.com
oluxy:

Congrats to you. I truly share in your success...
I write also but still find it difficult tonfind the path of editor, reviwer , or any publish house.
Please I need full details from onset to the end on how to get it published just like urs.
I also need ur number pls. Don't deny me this...
Pls find it please to send it to my email: cheyimoj@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 19, 2016
you go girl!! congratulations.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
Wow, Congratulations Naijasinglegirl. I appreciate your work.

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by KLand(m): 11:21pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
Editors charge between 50kobo per word to 3 naira. It depends on how you are able to negotiate. Call my publisher on 07032212481 or send a DM to harmonypub on Twitter.

Okay thanks.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by adenitemi: 11:22pm On Mar 19, 2016
Well done NSG!

Given me inspiration to finish my book! Thanks ma'am
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by chocolateniara(f): 11:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congrats babe, this is just the beginning. Can I get it 2 read on ibooks.?
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
I don't remember but thanks. smiley

...more grease to your elbows...
how do I get a copy?.... is there a way one can pay to read it online?....
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Maximus85(m): 11:41pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congrats. You've achieved a great feat some of us have been dreaming of for ages. Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by cococandy(f): 11:50pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congrats girl.
Way to go. Thumbs up.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by SirDavico(m): 11:59pm On Mar 19, 2016
Wow! Captivating excerpts and great cover design! Been tryna write a good novel since 10,000bc cheesycheesycheesy This sure is an inspiration! NSG, Methinks it'd be gr8 if u create a pdf copy and sell online.
Remain Blessed.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by parastatals: 12:31am On Mar 20, 2016
Seem like u will be a good writer, I think I have a good offer for u on dis regard. Send me ur email, or contact. Or u can contact me on my email ccokeke@yahoo.com or 07039322394
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by sleekymag(m): 1:16am On Mar 20, 2016
@OP,

When u get married, will u still be using the pseudonym Naijasinglegirl? I hope you don't revel in being single for too long.

By the way, congrats on your newly published book. More grease to your elbow.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by bodeemmy(m): 2:07am On Mar 20, 2016
how can someone obtain it now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? / All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / My University Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.