Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? (25732 Views)

My Favorite Author Just Replied My Email / Today, The Author Of ‘eze Goes To School’ Died / I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by BankyGee(m): 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
Literature Titans!
Who is your favourite author of all time? Foriegn or Local.

For me, Rene Raymond Brabazon a.k.a James Hadley Chase is my favorite author of ALL time!

He's the crowned KING of all thriller writers!

50 of his book have been made into films!
He's a legend. He's my mentor!

Keep the comments rolling in!

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Gentle0wavez: 7:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
William Shakespeare and Professor Wole Soyinka are my best playwrights, Edgar Allan Poe is my best poet. I don't read novels much so I don't have a best novelist but The picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde and the Alchemist Coelho Paulo are my best novels. My worst Novels ever are The old man and the sea by Earnest Hemingway and No longer at ease by Chinua Achebe. These books traumatized me from reading novels again, I hate them Sooooo much.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by badaru911: 7:27pm On Jun 27, 2020
Mine plenty but I'm gonna go for ken Follett ( Pillars of the earth)(Dangerous Fortune)(Third Twin)(Fall of Giants).... etc....
I also like Jeffery Deaver(his novels are bad..... Suspense)...
I also can't do with fantasy novels... Robert Jordan (wheel of time series... That novel is intriguing...)

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by BankyGee(m): 7:50pm On Jun 27, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
William Shakespeare and Professor Wole Soyinka are my best playwrights, Edgar Allan Poe is my best poet. I don't read novels much so I don't have a best novelist but The picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde and the Alchemist Coelho Paulo are my best novels. My worst Novels ever are The old man and the sea by Earnest Hemingway and No longer at ease by Chinua Achebe. These books traumatized me from reading novels again, I hate them Sooooo much.
I'll check 'em out grin

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by loiusdthird(m): 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2020
Dorothy dunneth for combining history and fiction

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Slawormir: 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Real niggarrrz don't do those novel, literature and story book Shit
They are for pussy asss niggarrrs
Real niggarrrz read real books that has meaning to life like maths, chemistry, statistics and dynamics, engineering mathematics, physics, machine language ( programming)

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by ajebuter(f): 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
Jackie Collins : Hlollywood Wives, Hollywood Husbands, The World is Full of Divorced Women, Rock Star, Lucky, Chances, Lady Boss, Lucky Vendatta, Dangerous Kiss, Hollywood Kids, Hollywood Divorce, The Stud, The World is Full of Married Men,

Sidney Sheldon : If Tomorrow Comes, Rage of an Angel, Master of the Game, Noonday Conspiracy, Naked Face, The Other Side of Midnight, Bloodline, Memories of Midnight, The Stars Shine Down, Stranger in the Mirror...

Danielle Steel: ( Daddy, Zoya, Malice, Lightning, Story of Nick,

John Grisham : The Street Lawyer, Pelican Brief, The Firm,

Jeffery Archer: Kane and Abel, The Prodigal Daughter

Other great authors are: Sandra Brown, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Barbara Kartland, Robert Ludlum, Dan Brown,

Wow! I love reading!

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Sirheny007(m): 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
This is akin to asking a father to choose which among his sons he loves best. A paterfamilias worth his salt will not do that.
I will list 5 of my favorite authors of all times.

1. Lawrence Block
2. James Hardley Chase (Renee Brabazon)
3. Peter Cheyney
4. Chinua Achebe
5. Dan Brown

This list can alternate anyhow and I would not mind

Ps: James Hardly Chase wrote 153 books and I have read all of them!

MODIFIED: I am surprized no one has mentioned Agatha Christie!! The most published author on the face of the earth dead or alive

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by OsuIgboIpob: 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
Soon, we'll start seeing:
Jesus
Muhammad
God
Blablabla

Which of these entities authored, wrote or published a book?

Simple question, NIGERIANS can't answer without showcasing mumuness.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by IfGodbeforus(m): 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
Jesus Christ, the author and finisher of my Faith..

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by wunmi590(m): 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
cool
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by ValCon888: 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
No1. Leo Tolstoy - The author of War and Peace.
No2. JRR Tolkien - The author of The Silmarilion.
No3. Fyodor Dostoevsky - The author of The Brothers Karamazov.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by OsuIgboIpob: 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
No other than the great philosopher!

All hail...... ALBERT EINSTEIN!!! cool

German-born theoretical physicist who developed the theory of relativity, one of the two pillars of modern physics. His work is also known for its influence on the philosophy of science....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by DenreleDave(m): 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
This man.. Odunlade AdeKola

He writes script for movies

37 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Skye231(m): 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by kalvoken(m): 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
GOD

He is the author and. Finisher.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Decibel: 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
1.Dean Koontz . A friend who is a medical Doctor introduced me to this author cheesy
2. Tom Clancy

6 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
prophet Muhammad(SAW),
nabiyyil ummiy,
the unlearned who teaches scholars.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by InventTech: 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
Chinua Achebe.

His works are prophetic in texture, ingenious in sequence.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by gnykelly(m): 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
Dan Brown and David Baldacci

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by NwaNimo1(m): 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2020

21 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Wrecxman(m): 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
John Grisham smiley

24 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by jumich1(m): 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
Kenneth E Hagin, E W Kenyon and Kynan Bridges.
Search for any of their books, read and thank me later wink
You are welcome cool

Modified

If anyone needs any of their books and other Christian books authored by anointed men and women of God in a PDF format FREE OF CHARGE chat me up on WhatsApp: 0 7 0 3 4 9 3 4 7 2 6

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by denikkybae(f): 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sidney Sheldon

9 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by techmo(m): 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
Harry Potter the novel author

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by OsuIgboIpob: 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
IfGodbeforus:
Jesus Christ, the author and finisher of my Faith..
Really?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by RenaissanceGuy: 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
More than one...
Chinua Achebe
Richard Wurmbrand

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by hipswrites(f): 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
1. Sydney Sheldon
2.Chimamander,
3.Hilary Clinton

7 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by skukimania(f): 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
Stephen king, Peter Straubs. (Horror Masters) and John Grisham.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by atikubaba(m): 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
JAMES Hadley Chase

10 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by YorubaKinging: 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
Enoch....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

As You Lay Your Bed, So You Lie On It. / I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / My University Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.