Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,545 members, 7,861,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:53 PM

Obi, Most Fiscally Responsible Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi, Most Fiscally Responsible Governor (645 Views)

#SarakiCCT: Zakari Mohammed Responsible For Blackout During Saraki's CCT Trial / IGP Arase, Obi, Ahmed, Others May Be Sacked- Daily Trust / Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi, Most Fiscally Responsible Governor by Ijawman(m): 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2009
Okonjo-Iweala: Obi, Most Fiscally Responsible Governor

Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment

Managing Director of World Bank, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has described Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State as the most fiscally responsible governor in Nigeria.
This feat, she said, had enabled Obi to use public fund for public good ''which informs why there is need for Anambra people to rally round him so that the state can achieve its development objective''.
Okonjo-Iweala, who spoke at the weekend in Awka, the Anambra State capital, emphasised that “Obi is the most fiscally responsible governor in Nigeria. I discovered him when I was the Finance Minister. Then, my policy is that those who are fiscally responsible I would work with them.
''He is doing well, but people must be behind him. This is a state where there are so many industrialists and traders who are all over the world. So, all eyes are on you."
The World Bank MD, who delivered a keynote address entitled: “Anambra and the Role of Women” to mark this year’s Mothers’ Summit, the third in the series and preparatory to the yearly women August meeting, said she would continue to honour any invitation extended to her by the state government.
While describing Anambra people as hardworking who could survive without government, the former minister also charged women to work hard in order to achieve more.
"The message is come together, work together for the good of the state and the good of Nigeria,” she said.
Also speaking on the occasion, Obi announced that the state government had secured N100 million Faith Based Micro Credit to empower the women groups in the state.
According to him, everybody has the responsibility to make the state progress and not leaving everything to government.
He described women as the rock of the family system, saying “when there is a good family there will be a good society. There is a problem in our society and all should join hands to repair it.”
In her address, the state Commissioner for Women Affairs, Dr. (Mrs.) Ego Uzoezie, said Mothers’ Summit is the highest consultative interface between the state government and women leaders at the grass roots.
Uzoezie said: “Never in the history of the state have the hitherto vulnerable groups of women, children and the physically challenged persons been given an unhindered voice as in the Peter Obi administration. It was in furtherance of the inclusiveness’ philosophy of Anambra Integrated Development Strategy (ANIDS).
“We intend to strengthen the organizational frame work.”
Re: Obi, Most Fiscally Responsible Governor by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2009
**cough!!! *** cough!!!! grin
Re: Obi, Most Fiscally Responsible Governor by Afam(m): 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2009
Abeg, make person no get heart attack for this forum based on the nonsense some of these people put down.

I guess transferring N250M from Awka to Lagos (Obi's office) in the dead of the night is part of the fiscal responsibility Iweala is preaching?
Re: Obi, Most Fiscally Responsible Governor by Tudor6(f): 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2009
Afam why change your signature?
I was enjoying visiting your site, i even had thoughts of ordering an inverter for when i return home.
Change it now!
Re: Obi, Most Fiscally Responsible Governor by Tudor6(f): 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2009
I was enjoying visiting your site, i even had thoughts of ordering an inverter for when i return home.
Change it now!
Re: Obi, Most Fiscally Responsible Governor by Tudor6(f): 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2009
Change it now!
Re: Obi, Most Fiscally Responsible Governor by Afam(m): 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2009
Tudór:

Change it now!

The last time I checked, one of my account privileges included the ability to change my signature to whatever I want.

Return home? Please don't, stay put wherever you are abeg.
Re: Obi, Most Fiscally Responsible Governor by asha2: 6:00pm On Jul 22, 2009
Afam:

The last time I checked, one of my account privileges included the ability to change my signature to whatever I want.

Why now undecided
Re: Obi, Most Fiscally Responsible Governor by Tudor6(f): 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2009
Afam:

O.K since you say so, i will.
Re: Obi, Most Fiscally Responsible Governor by onyengbu1(m): 7:39pm On Jul 22, 2009
no be only for media Obi de perform.

go to anambra and you will judge for yourself.

That man sef.

(1) (Reply)

Ndic Indicts Okiro Over Bank Liquidation / How Do I Become A Wizard / Revealed-why Onovo Was Appointed As Ig Of Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.