Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Tram 83 Wins Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tram 83 Wins Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015. (608 Views)

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. / Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tram 83 Wins Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015. by tunderoc(m): 9:05pm On Mar 19, 2016
Truly a Grand Finale to remember! with loads of side attraction and appearances. The three-way literary battle on who will win Africa's most prestigious literature Prize went down tonight in Lagos. Check out the list of Winners at the 2015 edition of the Etisalat prize for literature. The shortlisted books are The Story of Anna P, as Told by Herself by South Africa’s Penny Busetto, Tram 83 by Democratic Republic of Congo’s Fiston Mwanza Mujila and What Will People Say? by another South African, Rehana Rossouw.

Winner of Etisalat Prize for Literature 2015:

Fiston Mwanza Mujila (Democratic Republic of Congo) for Tram 83. The winning author gets £15,000, an engraved Montblanc Meisterstück pen and a high end device. The winner will also attend the Etisalat Fellowship at the University of East Anglia under the mentorship Giles Foden.

FLASH FICTION CATEGORY.

Flash Fiction: Kuti-Ojuolape Modupe.(Nigeria) The winning author gets £1,000, High end device and a published e-book promoted online and vis SMS. See the winning story below:

GONE.
Her beauty was unfair, un-fair, an ebony thing, but that wasn’t the reason I loved her. It was not the way she curled her finger around her hair when she was nervous or how she flicked my nose when she was upset with me.
It was not her voracious appetite for trouble which seemed to always have a way of finding her, nor the way she always made me late for work with her morning shenanigans.
It was not even the soft feel of her hands when we touched or the butterflies I felt when when kissed.
No, it was that I had fallen for her at all. I wasn’t sure if I had fallen all at once or if I had like a thousand crystal shards of broken glass. It was the way she made me feel things I had never felt before. Love. A strangeness. An uncertainty. Yet, my love for her was a jumping thing, never stable, like her. And that was why when her cupboard was bereft save for a note, I already knew what it would say.
She was gone.

Runners-up:
Gets £500 cash prize (each), High end device.

Mehn i love that guy miming All of me in Fuji, Africans are truly talented and very creative. Thank you Africa, Thank you Etisalat.
- See more at: http://www.duketundesblog.com/2016/03/tram-83-wins-etisalat-prize-for.html#sthash.PRxNDSI2.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

What Happens After Death? / Fagunwa Day 2016 / The Adventure Of Corper : Part 1: Still Planning My Hibernation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.