Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,283 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. (27517 Views)

My 6month Old German Shepherd Dog(queen) / Just Got A Caucasian Shepherd Dog. I Need Tips. / The Largest Caucasians Shepherd Dog In Nigerian (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by NiRfreak(m): 3:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
@op.....I can categorically say that you killed your dog yourself out of negligence and ignorance. It is hard to believe that a qualified vet would prescribe only the so called predlin in such an emergency case. You definitely called a quack cos of his cheap price....

Another proof of your negligence is that the pregnant dog had been sick for almost a week going by your post and yet you couldnt call a vet, if not for the sake of the dog , how about for the sake of the unborn puppies. you had to wait till no help can salvage the dog.

From the history you gave i would say: The dog most probably died of food poisoning. Still from your unhygienic way of keeping dogs, a proof from the condition of her cage.

Bacillus anthraxis is the tentative diagnosis.
others are Anticoagulant rodenticides toxicity, Salmonellosis , e- coli infection, parvo- viral infection etc.

You had better go to the hospital as advised earlier for antibiotics

disinfect the cage and your surroundings for your safety

and dispose off the carcass by burying in a 6ft deep ditch. do this with d aid of a vet or by protecting your self accordingly.
I hope you learnt a lesson

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by missyadorable(f): 6:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
It's because of dog you pple are full of "sorry bro"..if I didn't see the headline n read the story,would have thought it's somebody's mother or siblings or child....

God knows I hate dogs
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by JOOHEL: 6:28pm On Mar 20, 2016
LordRegalia:

Hello JOOHEL.

Really sorry about your loss. I know exactly how you must be feeling right now. But please do tell, how old was your GSD and what number heat was she on when you bred her?
. her third heat and she's was going to clock 2years old on may
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by nerilove(m): 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2016
Pdizzle:

Fresh dog. Got puppies?

Sorry OP
sorry no puppies. Na male dog.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by osomegbe(m): 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
Sorry for the loss. I can only imagine
Learn from it and move forward. Nothing you do now will bring the dog back.
Better luck next time.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by GhaliNaaba(m): 9:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
I almost lost my two dogs last week to a strange disease too, a buerbull and German Shepard.
I thank God Almighty for sparing their life,
It got to a stage that I started praying for them, the water they drink and the food they eat. Lol. when it became obvious that medical was having no positive effect on them (Thank God am a celestian church of Christ member) I noticed improvement on their health in about 4 hours after the serious prayers. lolz
They are now back healthy with their trouble.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Abidex35(m): 9:45pm On Mar 20, 2016
JOOHEL:
good morning nairalanders and pet section. I just lost my female Gsd yesterday march 18 2016. she died around 1am . OK. to cut the long story short. I and my family moved to ikorodu area of Lagos. January and she came on heat February . during her heat days I looked around ikorodu and surfed the internet for dog breeders. I got one online that stays at itamaga.. on the 22nd and 23rd of February I took her to itamaga to cross with the male Gsd full slant back. after 2 weeks I started seeing symptoms in her . she lost appetite and she vommitted. she headly eats starch ie indomie,rice etc she was only concerned about the meat or fish or biscuit bone or canned food mixed with the indomie. she continued this thing until Tuesday this week. on Tuesday morning I strolled with her in our estate because she was looking weak and dull. before I took her out she excreted blood mixed with her shit after coming back I cooked indomie and sardines she ate them and slept . later that night she was restless when I checked her . she didn't sleep well she was restless . the next day being Wednesday her tongue was red , saw blood on her nose . she didn't eat. I gave her her favorite food. ie egg meat yoghurt etc she didn't eat . any time she wants to sit down she'll groan and make noise. she started stooling blood . she stood almost throughout the 'Day she hardly sits . we called on the vet doc and said she's aborting the puppies. so he said we should buy predilin 2 times daily for 4 days. I bought the drugs and gave her that evening but the pain was still there. I took her to the cage and left water inside the cage. around 12:30 am she was fast asleep 12:45am she started making noise and died. she bled tru her mouth and nose and anus . now I've been asking myself what could have killed her . the vet said it's from her liver but I cannot go with it. photos attached

A similar way my dog died 4 years ago, you brought back the old painful memories

God shall replenish our losses
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by jolosola(f): 11:34pm On Mar 20, 2016
Sorry fr ur loss, I wil go partially wt wat @nirfreak said, definitely, ds isn't a case of antrax else (d writer won't b tellin d story himself cuz of d rapid sporulating xtic) ds looks more like a poisoning case (most probably from her food) nd ds poisonin looks like its bin building up overtym (PM can confirm that) d poison may as well b from d insecticides most food producing factories or stores use (warfarin). PM shd b able to give u a probable cause of death.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Nobody: 4:30am On Mar 21, 2016
jesussaves22:
So people can feed an ordinary animal with those mention food while hunger is killing the poor in his environs? Chai God help us.

People feed their dogs with not just food remnants but canned meals, canine biscuits and the rest because dogs are grateful and love you genuinely..They make their owners extremely happy, the feeling of them jumping and shaking my hands every morning is everything..

Some individuals can't count the number of people they have fed or clothed....And don't forget that these dogs are for protection, against who na? No be humans wey wan hurt their own fellow humans?

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by NiRfreak(m): 6:17am On Mar 21, 2016
jolosola:
Sorry fr ur loss, I wil go partially wt wat @nirfreak said, definitely, ds isn't a case of antrax else (d writer won't b tellin d story himself cuz of d rapid sporulating xtic) ds looks more like a poisoning case (most probably from her food) nd ds poisonin looks like its bin building up overtym (PM can confirm that) d poison may as well b from d insecticides most food producing factories or stores use (warfarin). PM shd b able to give u a probable cause of death.
well he mite have been lucky enough not to have contracted it if it was Anthrax......warfarin ingestion...can also cause anticoagulant poisoning
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by JOOHEL: 6:46am On Mar 21, 2016
Rashman578:
Well it seems ur dog died of a mix of nematode infections.
Toxocara canis in d G.I.T(gastrointestinal tract) dat explains bloody stool in anus n mouth accompained filaroides (a metastonglye infection) wch explains dat of d nose cos it affects d respiratory system..was she breathin fast prior to death? Wen last did u deworm her? Nd more importantly was her vaccination programm followed strictly?... However i'd advice u take it to d nearest vet clinic for autopsy.. Frm der u may b able to avoid future occurence..
Sorry for ur loss
she was dewormed last on January and her vaccine program was followed strictly
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by JOOHEL: 6:53am On Mar 21, 2016
NiRfreak:
@op.....I can categorically say that you killed your dog yourself out of negligence and ignorance. It is hard to believe that a qualified vet would prescribe only the so called predlin in such an emergency case. You definitely called a quack cos of his cheap price....

Another proof of your negligence is that the pregnant dog had been sick for almost a week going by your post and yet you couldnt call a vet, if not for the sake of the dog , how about for the sake of the unborn puppies. you had to wait till no help can salvage the dog.

From the history you gave i would say: The dog most probably died of food poisoning. Still from your unhygienic way of keeping dogs, a proof from the condition of her cage.

Bacillus anthraxis is the tentative diagnosis.
others are Anticoagulant rodenticides toxicity, Salmonellosis , e- coli infection, parvo- viral infection etc.

You had better go to the hospital as advised earlier for antibiotics

disinfect the cage and your surroundings for your safety

and dispose off the carcass by burying in a 6ft deep ditch. do this with d aid of a vet or by protecting your self accordingly.
I hope you learnt a lesson

yes we buried her in our compound far away from the building. we live on 3 plots of land . besides the vet said we should give her multivitamins and blood tonic until when this incident happened
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by JOOHEL: 8:42am On Mar 21, 2016
she gave birth to one puppy in her last delivery.. see her and her only son..

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by NiRfreak(m): 10:00am On Mar 21, 2016
JOOHEL:

yes we buried her in our compound far away from the building. we live on 3 plots of land . besides the vet said we should give her multivitamins and blood tonic until when this incident happened
hmmm. If he's a vet......I think he needs to update his clinical knowledge....
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by LordRegalia: 11:11am On Mar 21, 2016
pmadise:
Really sorry for the loss.
Its a clear case of parvovirus. My CO started the same symptoms yesterday and the vet is treating with injections and drip...we're hoping that he scales through.
Kindly find a space to accept our deep condolences.

So that was you that night? I wondered who it was. How is your CO doing now? Good thing he was diagnosed early. Let's hope he pulls through.

All the best

Cheers.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by LordRegalia: 11:17am On Mar 21, 2016
JOOHEL:
. her third heat and she's was going to clock 2years old on may

That's really sad. She had just scaled through all the toughest phases of dog growth and ownership, only to go out now. Really sad. Take heart. You will get over it in time. Just wait a few months and then get another dog.

Once again, sorry for your loss.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by temmybuhnmy(f): 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2016
hehya so sad take heart dear

it is well

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by arcbay(m): 11:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
So many silly comments, I had no choice but to read thru all. Anyways, that's what u get when a topic hits fp.

@OP, please accept my sincere condolences. And please that's definitely not parvo, stop treating ur headache with menstrogen. Parvo virus doesn't act that way. The victim's poo stinks and has blood stains, not an entire pool of blood. And clearly from the pic, I see no sign of dehydration on the dead kid. Parvo drains all body fluid leaving the dead with one third its original size.

I'll advice u tell ur VET to run a proper clinical diagnosis instead on doing a trial by error service on ur dogs.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by benjaminzach: 2:29pm On May 18, 2016
Blood test can make certain what happened. . But it shouldn't be far from Anthrax or Parvovirus..sorry for you loss..know exactly how you feel.. I cried (literally) when I lost my former buddy
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Martins97: 2:42am On May 19, 2019
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
This camera angle blew my mind.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2019
nirfreak:
@op.....I can categorically say that you killed your dog yourself out of negligence and ignorance. It is hard to believe that a qualified vet would prescribe only the so called predlin in such an emergency case. You definitely called a quack cos of his cheap price....Another proof of your negligence is that the pregnant dog had been sick for almost a week going by your post and yet you couldnt call a vet, if not for the sake of the dog , how about for the sake of the unborn puppies. you had to wait till no help can salvage the dog.From the history you gave i would say: The dog most probably died of food poisoning. Still from your unhygienic way of keeping dogs, a proof from the condition of her cage.Bacillus anthraxis is the tentative diagnosis. others are Anticoagulant rodenticides toxicity, Salmonellosis , e- coli infection, parvo- viral infection etc.You had better go to the hospital as advised earlier for antibioticsdisinfect the cage and your surroundings for your safetyand dispose off the carcass by burying in a 6ft deep ditch. do this with d aid of a vet or by protecting your self accordingly.I hope you learnt a lesson

tongue
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by NiRfreak(m): 10:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
donjaky:

tongue
donjaki..why now..lol..I dint even get the message you are passing. Besides, that thread is very old
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Specialjoe(m): 6:48am On Oct 09, 2019
Sorry bro for ur lost. Have also experienced it before when i lost my 4months old pup it d same thing that killed him so i know how u must be feeling take heart bro

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Specialjoe(m): 6:55am On Oct 09, 2019
Sori bro 4 ur lost. have also experienced it before when it happen 2 my 4months old pup it's the same thing that killed him so i know how u must be feeling take heart bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Identify This Snake? / Shivering Puppy Is Rescued After Being Swept Away From Its Mother By Flood (Pix) / Friendship Between An Infant And A Dog In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.