Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Hottest Trends To Watch Out For In 2016; Clashing Prints - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Hottest Trends To Watch Out For In 2016; Clashing Prints (702 Views)

See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London / 5 Fashion Trends Any Girl Who Grew Up In The 90s Probably Rocked / Fashion Trends To Expect In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hottest Trends To Watch Out For In 2016; Clashing Prints by LasgidiOnline(m): 10:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
So I decided to do a series on 2016’s hottest trends so far and show y’all how I have been styling all the new trend I’ve spotted some of our hottest bloggers wearing. And the first on this series will be the clashing prints.

So this used to be a fashion faux pas, but it has been making appearances and without a doubt it is one of this seasons maestro, it is sort of a tricky thing to pull off so am going to be showing how I style clashing prints and also sharing a few tips on how you can style your clashing prints.

1. USE COMPLIMENTARY COLORS; this one is a no brainer. Just go back to the color wheel, match up opposite colors, while keeping it funky, alignment of colors will add sophistication.

2. SEPARATE THE CLASH; if you will be wearing an up and down, separating the clash with a belt will create a seamless look so that each print will have its moments without stepping on each others toe.

3. A NATURAL PIECE; clashing doesn’t mean your whole outfit is going to the party, oh yes, I know this is about prints, but throwing on a plain jacket or a plain scarf or hat will reduce the busyness and you can get away with a bold clash.

4. CLASH WITH STRIPES; who ever heard of clashing without stripes? Not me. Stripes are the ultimate clashing tie together; it is simple and can be easily paired with whatever other prints or patterns you have in mind.

5. CLASH IN THE SAME THEME; florals of different variety, block prints, tribal pattern mash ups, animal patterns? All good choices for clashing, they can all be the same and yet different.

6. MIX, NOT MATCH; remember prints clashing is all about breaking the rules, this is not a matchy matchy game, this is stepping out of the box, and having fun will doing that.

7. OWN IT; the aim of this look is to get attention without screaming too loud, so don’t be afraid, grab your animal print bag, hold your head up high and strut your stuff.

Source: www.tatafonaija.com/2016/03/hottest-trends-to-watch-out-for-in-2016-clashing-prints/

lalasticlala mynd44 seun
Re: Hottest Trends To Watch Out For In 2016; Clashing Prints by LasgidiOnline(m): 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
ok
Re: Hottest Trends To Watch Out For In 2016; Clashing Prints by jaylister(m): 10:39pm On Mar 19, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Get Rid Of Oily Face With Items From Your Kitchen / Five Footwear Every Man Should Own / See The New Face Of Jumia Fashion Online Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.