Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

2bey's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2bey's Profile / 2bey's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

Romance / Re: A Poem About Bad Boyfriends & Husbands by 2bey(m): 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2012
Phizzie555: I didnt titled it a poem, Maybe somebody else edited it or something
Yes, sure the 'somebody' must have signed in with your user name and password. It's no crime if you just view other persons post even if u don't comment nor like, but letting your sour feelings get to u . . . Its politely a shame.
Romance / Re: A Poem About Bad Boyfriends & Husbands by 2bey(m): 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2012
Phizzie555: MUST READ[esp girls]!

if you dress nicely, he says you are a snob,

if you dress sexy, he says you are a slut.

if you argue with him, he says you're stubborn

if you're quiet, he says you're stupid

if you call, he says you are needy and clingy,

if he calls you, he says you should be grateful.

if you dont love him, he'll try to win you,

if you love him, he'll take you for granted and leave you.

if you don't make love with him,he says you dont love him,

if you do, he says you're cheap.

if you tell him your problems, he says you are irritating,

if you dont, he says you don't trust him.

if you lecture him, he says you are bitchy,

if he lectures you, it's because he 'cares'.

if you text him, he doesn't respond,

if you stop texting, he says what went wrong.

if he breaks a promise, he had to,

if you break a promise, you cant be trusted.

if you cheat on him, its over,

if he cheats on you, he expects to be given another chance
In what language does this qualify as a poem. May be to your feelings it does but in real poetry it doesn't.This is more like imitation cos I had sometime in 2008 seen this in a magazine.
Culture / Why We Exaggerate (1) by 2bey(m): 11:52pm On Jun 16, 2012
Like other functions of the human mind, perception and memory are
imperfect.When we tell a story about something that we witnessed, we
may intuitively believe that our recollection is accurate. However, several
factors bias our memories of events.To study this anomaly, let us look at
the three steps of memory creation: acquisition of memory, storing of
memory, and retrieval. At every stage of memory formation, distortion can
occur. At the first stage, acquisition of memory, events are perceived and
bits of information are prepared for storage in the brain. However, it is
impossible for us to remember every single thing we observe.Through
processes that are both conscious and unconscious, people determine
which details they will focus on.
Memory
In its second stage, storage, memories can become further distorted.
Over time, our memories degrade, as we forget portions of events. To
compensate, we may even creatively fill in the gap created by the
recession of long-term memory. Additionally, an individual’s memory can
be altered during the storage stage by intervening occurrences,which can
be subconsciously combined with previously stored
memories. Last but not least,we search our memory to locate
information. During recall, emotion also seems to play a part
in memory distortion. In sum, our memories may not be the
indisputable source of information that we would like them
to be.

Poems For Review / The Making Of Hello by 2bey(m): 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2012
Making the trip for the first time
Walking briskly was fine,
But on coming face to face with the house
Gruesome thoughts occur to her.

The silence is deafening
Not even the chirps of cricket,
With an unspoken chasm of distrust
She almost retreats.

Feeling bitter self –reproach at this idea
Half walking, half running
She thrives on to the unfinished business
Trying not to feel defeated so soon.

Eyes round with disbelief
Back hunched like a crooked board
Throat dry with suppressed shouts
Grandma rushes out to meet her.

And here comes spasms of great sobs
Mixed with bemused laughter,
Still in an embrace
The thoughts fleetingly flood back.

Who would have predicted such
Away with the hurt and bewilderment,
Comes the welcome of the prodigal
Not quite as upsetting as she had imagined.

For the old are no longer sharper-minded
The clouds of loneliness
And want of warmth
Make them to want to forget the pain.

The toothless grin and wrinkled smile
Speak volumes of great welcome
Alongside the burgeoning affection
The heart of a woman.

She thinks to herself
Why she hadn’t done this earlier
For it seems everything has fallen into place
Despite the former mood of black despair.

Oh no! Grandma is slumping
Her hands holding her chest
Panic is suddenly in the air
She is having a heart attack . . . .
Religion / Re: How Can A Christian Be Strong In The Lord? by 2bey(m): 12:01am On Jun 13, 2012
Good communication is the basic thing needed for any relationship to work, you get to know God through His word (the bible), his promises are there for you to tap into but first you have to be as sincere as a new born, for more details check out the book of James 4 and 5.
Religion / Re: How Can A Christian Be Strong In The Lord? by 2bey(m): 11:58pm On Jun 12, 2012
Good communication is the basic thing needed for any relationship to work, you get to know God through His word (the bible), his promises are there for you to tap into but first you have to be as sincere as a new born, for more details check out the book of James 4.
Education / Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Drag FG To Court Over Name change by 2bey(m): 2:46am On Jun 05, 2012
My dear fellow undergraduates, I must congratulate ur courage and entire lack of better things to do to help mankind. Wow, the judicial system (if they wont be so slow as in the case of the Late Abiola & his wife) will assist u to recite the Green White Green constitution and with the speeches lawbook crammers try vainfully to restore what is presently termed 'SWAG or Swagger' which u fink is lacking in d new name. If this nation were not facing more serious challenges, I bet u guys w'd have won so much applause. More importantly I personally salute ur guts without gifts. And by the special grace of GOD Almighty, I hope to attend one out of the several (to be agjourned) court cases, but that would be after my graduattion. See u guys in court and dont forget to come with ur former school emblem as evidence. Sh'd the power-driven pliticians sponsoring you make mistakes, u might want to ask them what their CGPA's were during their under undergradute days (am sure they were geniuses).

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Desmond Elliot And His Family Grace Genevieve Magazine Cover by 2bey(m): 1:40am On Jun 05, 2012
I wish to use this medium to stress the importance, the joy of commitment to those who choose to be players, it pays to settle down. To those still searching for a life partner, have faith in God, with Him the rain falls on all, just keep yourself where you sh'd be to get yours.
Politics / Re: Suicide Bomber Blows Up Church In Bauchi by 2bey(m): 2:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
For those who do want to point fingers, u had better point in the right direction, making careless, biased and sentimental deductions shows the height of ones irresponsibilty & stupidity. If u r scared of speaking the truth about such a plain matter staring u right in the face ( despite d annonymity this forum provides) why not just shut up and spare us ur infectious lack of good reasoning,
Politics / Re: Suicide Bomber Blows Up Church In Bauchi by 2bey(m): 1:51pm On Jun 03, 2012
Jenams: muslims can u pls stop bombing christians i beg u in the name of God. pls stop!
@jenams, i think u need 2 b informed, who begs a war 2 stop? Who pleads on both sides of the fence? If u can accept reality, this is preparing us christians 4 d endtime- which is no longer far away. Its very painful though, but I doubt if the perpetrators & sponsors are very attentive. He who kills shall b killed, its a matter of when - here or in eternity.
Family / Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by 2bey(m): 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2012
Family is CLASSIFIED
Nairaland / General / Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by 2bey(m): 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2012
The anonymity has offered an expensive privilege of spouting our thoughts no matter how painful it might sound to the listener, Seun will do well not to change it (personally I don't think he will). As regards knowing people more, that's kind of shallow, most Nairalanders do not want stalkers, chauvinistic or interesting (if such does exist)

1 Like

Literature / Re: Diamond Writers..join NOW!!! by 2bey(m): 10:41pm On May 31, 2012
Am so interested. tobykafotoby@yahoo.com is my E-mail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.