Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,159 members, 7,953,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:20 PM

"Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? (10058 Views)

She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? / This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done / Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by firestar(f): 8:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
Is it the God who made me exist,
As a blessing to my parents~
Who have extended family~
As well as siblings~
And friends I know nearly my whole life?
Are also strangers who became closer than blood included...
They've got my back as stable as the 7th layer of defense...
No questions asked.
Or faithful pets trained from youth?
Or just people?
Or simply humankind?
That's family to me.
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2012
shymmex:

I understand what you're saying, bruv.. I was just playing with you. grin grin

Same here, I was a raised as the 'black sheep' in my 'family', and I have been independent since I was 16..

The widely accepted definition of 'family' is also bogus to me.. Though, I love my blood 'family' to death and would die for them, but my real 'family' would always be anyone who can shed blood and tears for me... Mutual feelings, brother.. cool

Did you say 16? Try 12yrs!!
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 02, 2012
Family to me= Nuclear, a little bit of extended, my 2 best friends.
I don't know what I'd do without them. They are my unconditional rock and support.
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by Murphy7h4: 5:26am On Jun 02, 2012
thanks a lot[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 02, 2012
To me family isn't any specific person.
Some friends can be much more trusted dan brothers..
To me, family is comfort. People dat make me comfortable.
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 02, 2012
Put your families far away and your enemies closer
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by Damilorlah(m): 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2012
A family constitute d original cell of d society. It is a place where moral are taught. It is also a place where social responsibility and solidarity are learnt. Also a place where spiritual heritage of religious community and cultural legacy of a nation are also transmitted.
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by 2bey(m): 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2012
Family is CLASSIFIED
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by dasparrow: 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2012
La Parisienne:      As we just passed that "time of year", some of us felt excited; others became sad and a little bittersweet.Some lucky people had gorgeous Christmas celebrations with their loving families/loved ones and others opted to stay on their own.

Whether we like it or not, we often spend time during this time of year reflecting upon the relationships we have with our families/loved ones.

So, what does the word “family” mean to you? Not just during Christmas, but overall. How do you feel about your family?

-Are they loving and supportive?
-Do they measure up to your expectations and more?
-Are you disappointed with them?
-Is there something about your family that bothers you and you wish it would change?
-Is Nairaland your only family?
-What's your remedy for a better child/parent or sibling relationship?

Here’s your opportunity to let it all out and share your loving stories and/or grievances with the rest of us.

Family means people who are there for me through thick and thin. People who encourage and support me. Family to me is more than just people who are related to me by blood or DNA. Anyone who has proven to me beyond a reasonable doubt that they have my back is considered my family. Shikena!
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 02, 2012
My dad, my mum, my sisters and brother. grin
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by Lisa1: 9:25am On Jun 03, 2012
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by Lisa1: 10:00am On Jun 03, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]Good luck!
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by Chubhie: 11:18pm On Jun 03, 2012
Some italians understands that very word much more than others, its nothing personal just bussiness. I do anything for anyone thats on that list.
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by Murphy7h4: 1:58am On Jun 04, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]sure thing
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by DICKtator: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2012
La Costra Nostra. This Thing of Ours
We Family
La Familia
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by DICKtator: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2012
La Costra Nostra. This Thing of Ours
We Family
La Familia
grin grin grin grin
Re: "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? by obowunmi(m): 11:10am On Aug 12, 2012
1. Judgemental

2. Angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? / My Maid Sees Me As The Wicked One While My Husband Is The Good One. / Silver Crest Blender Available For Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.