Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. (37516 Views)

President Buhari To Kerry: Corruption Fighting Back Vigorously, But We'll Win / Corruption Fighting Back Vigorously, But We'll Win / Buhari To Kerry: Corruption Fighting Back Vigorously, But We’ll win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by shamecurls(m): 10:30am On Mar 20, 2016
Jirate:

How Come EFCC is just depicted as a wood pecker trying to decimate the Axe? A tooth less bull dog would have been better.

The judiciary is our problem and not EFCC.
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by tinktanker: 10:31am On Mar 20, 2016
247Dior:
I don't love him but like u said let's call a spade a spade.. take for example the budget padding, imagine how people would have reacted if it happened under GEJ but they are now saying the president was betrayed
na northern juju hold nigerians o. If they say gej was weak den buhari is a blind illiterate dullard who presented a so called padded budget proudly cos he cldnt read.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by tuscani: 10:31am On Mar 20, 2016
247Dior:
Corruption fighting back has been the thoughts of deluded minds, when mistakes where made under GEJ administration people called him a weak man but now same mistakes are been made they now say people are betraying BUHARI.. only God will judge all of u
My brodaaaaaaaa, the thing tire me

3 Likes

Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 20, 2016
.. Fp
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by dokunbam(m): 10:34am On Mar 20, 2016
We will not relent no matter what

The fight is on and it will continue
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by alaminjoda(m): 10:37am On Mar 20, 2016
Covers everything facing this country.
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by limitless777(m): 10:37am On Mar 20, 2016
I'm in the church don't disturb.
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by Btruth: 10:39am On Mar 20, 2016
cry
Afi ki Olorun gba waa lowo awon eniyan buruku gbogbo lorile ede yii oooo. The corruption had eaten deep into us like seriously.
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by tuniski: 10:42am On Mar 20, 2016
SmartMugu:

So, what is this one saying?

Come down to reality. Corruption is real and the noise going round now is mere politics. Corrupt people now singing anti corruption crusade and those jobbers flying #Istandwithbuhari corruptly!

Anti corruption war is a national war not a buhari's war. I am saying reality bro

1 Like

Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by ayindejimmy(m): 10:43am On Mar 20, 2016
247Dior:
I don't love him but like u said let's call a spade a spade.. take for example the budget padding, imagine how people would have reacted if it happened under GEJ but they are now saying the president was betrayed
under gej , the paddling wuld av been dismissed as plan of the oppositn jus like d kidnap of the Chibok girls and Ekitigate. The fact that this govt took responsibility and discipline the culprits is a sign of change
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/199953-breaking-budget-padding-buhari-removes-22-top-directors-budget-office.html
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by eddyroyal(m): 10:44am On Mar 20, 2016
Jirate:
What is your take on this Funny Cartoon from The Tribune?
It simply means that corruption is using EFCC to destroy the economy of the Nigerian state.

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by eddyroyal(m): 10:44am On Mar 20, 2016
Jirate:
What is your take on this Funny Cartoon from The Tribune?
It simply means that corruption is using EFCC to destroy the economy of the Nigerian state.
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 20, 2016
dragonking2:
But buhari that is strong presented the most corrupt budget in history... You are yet to brief us on it.

The difference is that under GEJ that budget would have been passed, the oversight function of NASS would have been compromised through dollar denominated Ghana must go bags and the people who padded it would have been promoted
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by Mbediogu(m): 10:47am On Mar 20, 2016
The woodpecker EFCC should let go the axe and attack the eyes of the tree cutter. A broken axe is easily replaceable but blinded eyes aren't.
If Buhari cannot do it I doubt if any other can. He should forget International restraints and do it once and for all. Eeemmmm Ghana! No Rawlings!

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by plaetton: 10:49am On Mar 20, 2016
banki:

How on earth could he allow such stealing under his watch?

Do you have any evidence, real facts beyond APC election propaganda, to prove that more were stolen under Jonathan than were stolen under Yaradua, OBJ, Abdusalami, Abacha ,Babangida or Buhari's first missionary journey ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:53am On Mar 20, 2016
247Dior:

Budget padding happened repeatedly under GEJ. It is just that corruption was so high under him that things like that were normal.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:55am On Mar 20, 2016
plaetton:

Do you have any evidence, real facts beyond APC election propaganda, to prove that more were stolen under Jonathan than were stolen under Yaradua, OBJ, Abdusalami, Abacha ,Babangida or Buhari's first missionary journey ?

Very simple. None of those governments earned like GEJ but they were able to increase our foreign reserves. GEJ despite the highest earning ever, Did not increase the foreign reserves but reduced it.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:57am On Mar 20, 2016
plaetton:

For comparisons, President Obasanjo met about $5 billion in foreign reserves, and the average monthly oil price for the 72 months he was in office was $38, and yet he left $43 billion in foreign reserves after paying $12 billion to write-off Nigeria’s external debt. In the last five years, the average monthly oil price has been over $100, and the quantity also higher but our foreign reserves have been declining and exchange rate depreciating.

“My calculation is that if the economy was better managed, our foreign reserves should have been between $102 –$118 billion and exchange rate around N112 before the fall in oil prices. As of now, the reserves should be around $90 billion and exchange rate no higher than N125 per dollar,” he said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175663-soludo-grades-jonathan-f-economy-says-administration-worst-ever.html

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 20, 2016
ayindejimmy:

under gej , the paddling wuld av been dismissed as plan of the oppositn jus like d kidnap of the Chibok girls and Ekitigate. The fact that this govt took responsibility and discipline the culprits is a sign of change
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/199953-breaking-budget-padding-buhari-removes-22-top-directors-budget-office.html

He only re assigned offices to the "padders", not removed. Say it as it is.
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by igwegeorgiano(m): 10:59am On Mar 20, 2016
Meehn, check out where corruption axed nigeria nah. i doubt it if naija go fit survive am o. only that him big axe na heavy gbege for naija. na prayers we need o
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by juman(m): 11:02am On Mar 20, 2016
The ultimate aim of the government should be building this messy backward undeveloped country.

Anti corruption is not "the end of the world".

But vitally needed also by the government as part of the ingredients essential to move through the milestones when travelling through the journey to reach the destination. The destination which is building the country.
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 20, 2016
wisemany2k:
The reason corruption is fighting back is because the populace that should be supporting the government in their fight against corruption are rather, celebrating and exalting corruption; even praying for the day when it'll be their turn to eat off the national cake undecided

this is our problem, Nigerians are their own worst enemies. Leaders are only as corrupt as a society that allows them.
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by beatmaker: 11:07am On Mar 20, 2016
NA so we see am o.....corruption is fighting back like hell.
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by emerged01(m): 11:09am On Mar 20, 2016
dragonking2:
But buhari that is strong presented the most corrupt budget in history... You are yet to brief us on it.

How did you know? A lot of corrupt budgets in the past,it is just that now corruption is fighting back. And don't forget, there is no smooth relationship between president and the Senate president.
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by biomanneymailcom: 11:12am On Mar 20, 2016
Pdp is presently the world worst opposition party. There main aim is for Nigeria total collapse.
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by turigee1: 11:12am On Mar 20, 2016
The pic is very true. Nice one.
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by ayindejimmy(m): 11:13am On Mar 20, 2016
mykl01:

He only re assigned offices to the "padders", not removed. Say it as it is.
removed? Did i say 'remove?' i tot d source said that. You said ,reassigned' Premuim Times said 'removed'
so now, shuld i believe u wit no link or PT
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by Lessonteacher(f): 11:19am On Mar 20, 2016
godoluwa:
All I have to say is that BUHARI HIMSELF IS CORRUPT
even more corrupt than the people he is accusing of same

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by hardychris(m): 11:27am On Mar 20, 2016
banki:

He was weak!
How on earth could he allow such stealing under his watch?

It's ok that some of you love him! Bbut let's call a spade a spade we earned a lot under jonathan and we wasted it

Yes we earned a lot and wasted them but now we can't even earn talk more of wasting them, I solidly support buhari in the fight against corruption because our past leaders almost wrecked our economy, and its not just GEJ's administration, our Economy is bad and PMB really need to look into that.

What we are suffering now is the case of sacking your manager who gets customers for you and makes enough profit for you but steals your money, and employing another manager that doesn't steal your money but doesn't make gain for you @all.

Our problem in this country has always been the type of opposition we have, they only find a way of pulling you down, they won't even praise you when you are getting things right. APC did the same to PDP when they were in power now PDP will also do the same, things will get right when the opposition apply constructive criticism.

God bless us and bless this country
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by plaetton: 11:30am On Mar 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Very simple. None of those governments earned like GEJ but they were able to increase our foreign reserves. GEJ despite the highest earning ever, Did not increase the foreign reserves but reduced it.

You selectively forget that Jonathan shared more money with the other tiers of government in the federation than Obasanjo.
Jonathan spent more because he invested more and commissioned more projects in Nigeria than Obasanjo.

Government doesn't exist to save money for you, but to spend for economic expansion.
Jonathan did exactly that.
Between OBJ and GEJ regimes, we witnessed the greatest expansion of the Nigerian middle class perhaps since Independence.
Our economy, after decades of military devastation, began to see year after year of double digit economic growth.
That doesn't come cheap, especially in non- diversified economy.

Lastly, the state governors, led by non other than Rotimi Amaechi as well as the head of the opposition, Bola Tinubu, kicked against and even sued GEJ administration to prevent him from using the excess crude oil funds to save reserves for the anticipated rainy day, such as today.

Still, Tinubu , Amaechi and his party are blaming GEJ for not saving.

Hypocrisy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 20, 2016
ayindejimmy:

removed? Did i say 'remove?' i tot d source said that. You said ,reassigned' Premuim Times said 'removed'
so now, shuld i believe u wit no link or PT

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/breaking-news-buhari-sweeps-off-184-top-officials-over-budget-padding/.

What more can I say undecided angry
Re: Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 20, 2016
angelo5uk:
Abeg make we hear word..
As if say na corruption be our only problem.
That's what APC wants Nigerians to believe.

Give us meaningful developments across several sectors like what GEJ did and stop giving us sorry stories about how you're fighting corruption....

APC is a total mess....
Buhari is a confused president
Typical mindless rant. Development dt Gej brought includes wasting 6 yrs of oil boom.
Hw do u live with ur level of stupidity?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was Called A Dog And Thug By Tinubu – Dino Melaye Fires Back / Charly Boy Mocks Reno Omokri / Most Boko Haram Weapons Are Stolen From The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.