Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

On The FLYDUBAI Plane Crash. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On The FLYDUBAI Plane Crash. (1045 Views)

Plane Forced To Make Emergency Landing After Passenger Refused To Stop Farting ( / Flydubai Airplane Crashes In Russia, 62 Aboard Reported Dead / Sixty-two Killed As Flydubai Jet Crashes In Southern Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The FLYDUBAI Plane Crash. by Nobody: 5:33am On Mar 20, 2016
Why the hell did a trained pilot make a first fail attempt to land an aircraft, then hover around for 10times before making another failed attempt which led to the crash?

You don't do such in such a low altitude, damn.

I'm sure he might have been stressed out and frustrated but a pilot is trained to be at the helm of his mood at all times.

He had enough fuel to divert to another airport which I'm sure would have resulted in a query by his bosses but those crew members really pissed me off by tempting the Satan with that second approach.

Hovering ten times around the airport clearly shows they weren't quite familiar with the airport and I expected that with a fore-warning about the deteriorating weather, a good pilot would have called it quit.

A friend of mine has landed a stealth fighter jet in a commercial airport due to poor weather and nobody killed him for that so why didn't that guy put those 62 lives in consideration before taking his decisions. I'm so mad right now because I lost a colleague's fiancee.angry
Re: On The FLYDUBAI Plane Crash. by excellentmomma(f): 5:43am On Mar 20, 2016
Oh dear, op sorry about ur loss. RIP to the victims, they were almost home, oh God have mercy.

2 Likes

Re: On The FLYDUBAI Plane Crash. by Nobody: 6:34am On Mar 20, 2016
excellentmomma:
Oh dear, op sorry about ur loss. RIP to the victims, they were almost home, oh God have mercy.

I appreciate dear. My Pal's wedding was supposed to be in June this year, such is life. We are alive today only on borrowed time.
Re: On The FLYDUBAI Plane Crash. by otokx(m): 6:44am On Mar 20, 2016
Accept my condolence, a proper investigation should be made to avoid a reoccurrence in the future.
Re: On The FLYDUBAI Plane Crash. by Generalkorex(m): 6:58am On Mar 20, 2016
oh my
Re: On The FLYDUBAI Plane Crash. by pointstores(m): 7:03am On Mar 20, 2016
it is well
Re: On The FLYDUBAI Plane Crash. by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 20, 2016
otokx:
Accept my condolence, a proper investigation should be made to avoid a reoccurrence in the future.
Yea I heard the cockpit and flight recorders have been recovered so in a few days, a full report will be out.

They have to because it was a Boeing 737 and every airline has it in their fleet. If the crash was caused by a mechanical error on the plane, then air passengers around the world are in grave danger.

As a pilot though non commercial one, I know that Boeing is always preferable to Airbus in terms of safety, procedures and maneuvers.
Re: On The FLYDUBAI Plane Crash. by Boeing777pilot: 3:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
While I'm extremely sad at the loss of lives,

As is my standard practice, I would wait for further information before making any comment on the crash.

cry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help Looking For Work In Ireland. / Photo Of The Day!!! Somewhere In Kwara / Heavy Bill Board Falls On A Bus In Oshodi - Lagos, Killing 3 People On The Spot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.