Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,238 members, 7,811,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? (4912 Views)

Go Easy On Yourself (may Allah Have Mercy On You) / Babs787, Where Did Allah Ever Refer To Muhammad As "the Spirit"? / Prophet Muhammad in the Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by sosisi(f): 6:45pm On Jul 22, 2009
Allah says somewhere in the Koran that he sent down the Torah (OT) and Injil (NT) and confirmed them.
Muslims now claim the Bible that Allah sent has been corrupted such that wherever the stories copied into the Koran differ from the Bible,they tell you it's because the Bible is corrupted.

Can anyone tell us when exactly the Bible became corrupted

[size=16pt]Was it before Mohammed, during the lifetime of Mohammed or after the death of Mohammed.[/size]
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by olabowale(m): 6:51pm On Jul 22, 2009
You are really on a roll! Rite on. Just dont let the skid get you to lake of fire! I hope that you will wake up one day before too long and say that boy Olabowale and the others on nairaland are right. We will wait for you. Allah is AlGhafur Al Afuww Al Rahim! Wake up, girl!
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by sosisi(f): 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2009
From the Islamic holy book

Sura 5:46 Subsequent to them, we sent Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming the previous scripture, the Torah. We gave him the Gospel, containing guidance and light, and confirming the previous scriptures, the Torah, and augmenting its guidance and light, and to enlighten the righteous.

Sura 5.68 Say, "O people of the scripture, you have no basis until you uphold the Torah, and the Gospel, and what is sent down to you herein from your Lord." For sure, these revelations from your Lord will cause many of them to plunge deeper into transgression and disbelief.

so when again did Allah say the Bible was corrupted?
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by sosisi(f): 6:54pm On Jul 22, 2009
olabowale:

You are really on a roll! Rite on. Just dont let the skid get you to lake of fire! I hope that you will wake up one day before too long and say that boy Olabowale and the others on nairaland are right. We will wait for you. Allah is AlGhafur Al Afuww Al Rahim! Wake up, girl!

Answer the question ma friend!
How can you make baseless unsubstantiated claims?
It's obvious that at the writing of the Koran,allah didn't claim so,or did he?
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by banom(m): 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2009
$osisi:

Allah says somewhere in the Koran that he sent down the Torah (OT) and Injil (NT) and confirmed them.
Muslims now claim the Bible that Allah sent has been corrupted such that wherever the stories copied into the Koran differ from the Bible,they tell you it's because the Bible is corrupted.

[size=16pt]Was it before Mohammed, during the lifetime of Mohammed or after the death of Mohammed.[/size]
If stories from the bible were copied and pasted differently in the Koran, then those who pasted it on the Koran ae the ones that did the supposed corruption.
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by sosisi(f): 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2009
Âl 'Imran 3:93. * a group of Jews went to Mohammed and ask him to pronounce judgment on an adulterous couple. Mohammed asked for the Torah to be brought before him, and the couple was subsequently stoned, in accordance with the penalty laid down in the Torah. (see Sahih Bukhari Book 38, no. 4434) * This incident indicates that Mohammed deferred to the Torah for judgment. In the whole incident, there is no indication whatsoever that the Torah is not trustworthy.

so please when did the same Torah that Mohammed use to unleash his punishment get corrupted and by who?
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 22, 2009
na wa o - so abuzola's posts dey pain osisi like this ? grin grin grin grin

see as she is opening threads like a confused unfocused maniac grin grin grin
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by noetic2: 7:39pm On Jul 22, 2009
oyb:

why dont u answer her question?
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2009
^^^^^^^
how much energy do you think i have - your matriach is opening way too many threads  cheesy cheesy

seems to be a case of silence them by via shock and awe carpert bombing.  cheesy

ultimately all her recent threads amount to the same thing - a cunning interpretation of the Quran that ties in with her objectives - sort of like the way y'all interpret your scripture to suit your intentions tongue

as we speak, she is probably preparing three more threads. unlike both of you i'm not fanatical enough or blessed with enough free time to dedicate my energy to putting out all the fires our manic pyromaniac is setting.  cheesy cheesy

i'll just have to cherry pick  tongue tongue
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by Krayola2(m): 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2009
Because the OT has been shown by scholars to not be of divine origin, it is logical for anyone who believes the evidence they have presented to conclude that the Qur'an's claim is not accurate; and it is not of divine origin either. As in, God did not physically give any document to Moses on Mount Sinai, so th Qur'an is based on a man made document.
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by noetic2: 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2009
oyb:

^^^^^^^
how much energy do you think i have - your matriach is opening way too many threads  cheesy cheesy

seems to be a case of silence them by via shock and awe carpert bombing.  cheesy

ultimately all her recent threads amount to the same thing - a cunning interpretation of the Quran that ties in with her objectives - sort of like the way y'all interpret your scripture to suit your intentions tongue

as we speak, she is probably preparing three more threads. unlike both of you i'm not fanatical enough or blessed with enough free time to dedicate my energy to putting out all the fires our manic pyromaniac is setting.  cheesy cheesy

i'll just have to cherry pick  tongue tongue

in other words u are ashamed of allah's plagiarism?. . .right?
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by JeSoul(f): 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2009
Krayola2:

Because the OT has been shown by scholars to not be of divine origin, it is logical for anyone who believes the evidence they have presented to conclude that the Qur'an's claim is not accurate;
   What?    when was this study done that showed the OT is not "divine origin"? How was this study carried out & what were the experimental values investigated?

and it is not of divine origin either. As in, God did not physically give any document to Moses on Mount Sinai, so th Qur'an is based on a man made document.
Again how do you know this? didn't you just say on the other thread it is impossible to prove or disprove things like this?

. . . unless of course all the above is just your personal opinion on the matter  smiley
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2009
in other words u are ashamed of allah's plagiarism?. . .right?

yawn. . . .
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by sosisi(f): 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2009
oyb:

common will you answer the question
How can you compare me to that buzzing abuzola that's all over the place like a pit latrine fly
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2009
^^^^^^
sorry o - the only difference is that you have been here longer than him cheesy

abeg give us those lovely big letters now - maybe then i will find the energy to answer you, and enjoy your charming riffs about how you know my religion more than i do etal cheesy cheesy
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by olabowale(m): 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2009
@$Osisi: « #2 on: Today at 06:52:27 PM »  
From the Islamic holy book
Sura 5:46 Subsequent to them, we sent Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming the previous scripture, the Torah. We gave him the Gospel, containing guidance and light, and confirming the previous scriptures, the Torah, and augmenting its guidance and light, and to enlighten the righteous.
Once upon a time, before Jesus and the Injil given to him, there was a Messenger/Prophet from Allah named Musa (AS). Back then, in the time of Musa, his Book, the Torah was uncorrupted. But when he died, after is prophetic life, the Children of Israel entered what they entered. Jesus opinion was expressed about their corruption, which was what they entered, in letters and or in implementation of what shoud have been pure Torah of Musa! So in the time of Jesus, his Injil was to augument with the Toral, not disagreeing with it, but making it easier to observe, more robust! Its like a renaissance/reawakening! So when Jesus was lifted up, the people entered what they entered. Paul and gang had introduced Trinity, etc! Look at the post Gospel for example; Acts of apostles, Epistles an Revelations. Are these part of what Allah gave to His Messenger Isa bin Mariam? I dont even wanna dwell on the aditions and subtractions we have even in Gospels and the Torah and sabur!

Sura 5.68 Say, "O people of the scripture, you have no basis until you uphold the Torah, and the Gospel, and what is sent down to you herein from your Lord." For sure, these revelations from your Lord will cause many of them to plunge deeper into transgression and disbelief.
For if you had followed them, without the aditions and subtractions and twistings of words from their places, etc, when you saw Muhammad (AS) you would have had no option, but to follow him into his final chapter of Islam!

so when again did Allah say the Bible was corrupted?
Read what I wrote, above that should help you.  And if you do not believe it, then take it as prediction, which today is continously being fulfilled? Or is there an uncorrupted Bible? Show it to me, $Osisi!
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by Krayola2(m): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2009
JeSoul:

What?    when was this study done that showed the OT is not "divine origin"? How was this study carried out & what were the experimental values investigated?

Again how do you know this? didn't you just say on the other thread it is impossible to prove or disprove things like this?

No one can prove it. which is why I said "for those who believe the evidence". The Jewish community in general have accepted the evidence, and I'm assuming since it's their tradition to begin with, they must have good reasons. They are still committed to their tradition regardless, though.

Krayola2:

Because the OT has been shown by scholars to not be of divine origin, it is logical for anyone who believes the evidence they have presented to conclude that the Qur'an's claim is not accurate; and it is not of divine origin either. As in, God did not physically give any document to Moses on Mount Sinai, so th Qur'an is based on a man made document.
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by olabowale(m): 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2009
@$Osisi: « #3 on: Today at 06:54:44 PM »  
]Answer the question ma friend!
How can you make baseless unsubstantiated claims?
It's obvious that at the writing of the Koran,allah didn't claim so,or did he?
Whats obvious is that at the time the Verses that say your Bible; Torah, Sabur and Injil was corrupted, the corruptions had entered into it! Corruptions means diluted from purity. Also, if you think it was not corrupted then, ask yourself about what therefore becomes obvious, today! Either way, the Quran is correct! My position is that it was at least at the time of the Verses! I wonder why Jesus chastised the Torah scholars in his time, if there was no corruption or the vision that it will be corrupted? I also wonder why Jesus said that in the day of Judgement, some will come to him and say that they do much miracles in his name, yet he will say "I do not know ye?" You see how Jesus is agreeing with Muhammad?

Finally, is it not true that the maryianites/mites have called on Mary as an intercessor to Jesus, like the Catholics do today? And the whole of Christendom called on Jesus as intercessor to God/Eloi/Allah? Haa.

@JeSoul: Dont act as if you believe Torah is not corrupt? Afterall, search with the finest toothcomb, you will not find Jesus and Trinity in it! As a matter of fact you will not find Trinity in New Testament!Show me that word; Trinity and I will see you in Boston before the end of Summer!

Show me Baptism in the Jewish tradition. Then show me Bermitvah in Christian tradition? I wanna see a Jew get Baptised and a Christian get bermitvah? Yet you guys use the same Book, with different traditions? Did Jesus get Bermitvah as a Jew or get Baptised as a Cristian?

And Bermitvah is the rite of passage to adulthood at age 13! When did you do your Batism or was it bermitvah, like Jesus Bermitvah?
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by olabowale(m): 8:38pm On Jul 22, 2009
@$Osisi: « #5 on: Today at 06:58:34 PM »
Âl 'Imran 3:93. * a group of Jews went to Mohammed and ask him to pronounce judgment on an adulterous couple.
Now this is where the rubber meets the road; if it was cancelled by Jesus single act of forgiving the adulterous woman with "who ever did not sin, stone", then I personally wonder why about 600 years plus later, the Jews now asked another prophet the same thing they asked Jesus? far out!

Mohammed asked for the Torah to be brought before him, and the couple was subsequently stoned, in accordance with the penalty laid down in the Torah. (see Sahih Bukhari Book 38, no. 4434) * This incident indicates that Mohammed deferred to the Torah for judgment. In the whole incident, there is no indication whatsoever that the Torah is not trustworthy.
And I know you did not present the full ahadith! You think you can get one over? Nooo! The Jewish reader covered the part that spoke about "stoning" at first! (AS), asked that he removed his hand, and while a muslim was standing over the shoulders of the Jew, in the second read, he had to mention the stoning part!

Now tell, me, why did the Jews practised that part of their Toraic law, if Jesus already cancelled it by "throw the first stome story?" You see why I had asked you sometimes ago, how did Mary stay alive, if stoning was prescribed by Musa in the Torah before Isa bin Mary, except that Quran gave the explanation by Jesus' defense of his mother by his speech in the cradle?

What do you have to say about this? Am waiting!

so please when did the same Torah that Mohammed use to unleash his punishment get corrupted and by who?
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by Abuzola(m): 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2009
A muslim brother warned me of replying the likes of osisi. Hmmmm. But by replying many will benefit even the christians who are blinded by their pastor.

Compiled by Abuzola

Quran 4:163
verily, Allah have sent the revealation to yo you (O muhammad) as Allah sent the revealation to Noah and the Prophets after him. We (ALLAH) also sent the revealation to Abraham, Ishmael, isaac, jabob and the offspring of the twelve sons of jacob, jesus, job, jonah, Aaron and solomon and to David we (ALLAH) gave the psalms'

N.B DAvid was given psalm in the above psalm.

Quran 6:154
Then We (ALLAH) gave moses the Torah, to complete our favour upon those who would do right and  explaining all thing in detail and a guidance and a mercy that they might believe in the meeting with their Lord'.

Above the torah was revealed to moses.

Quran 5:46
And in their footsteps. We sent jesus, son of Mary, comfirming the Torah that had come before him, and We (ALLAH ) gave him the Gospel in which guidance and light and confirmation of the torah that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for the pious'

The above quoted jesus as been given the gospel.

If the gospel was revealed to jesus then  what happen to it ? Did it disappear or what ?  What made paul to write the scripture all over again.

Be the judge: page 85 of Da vinci code

constantine ordered the destruction of all works that contradicted the new religion (christianity), including all writings about jesus by pagan writers and even christian writers who lacked the foresight of how history was to be rewritten. This was conducted with efficient zeal with nearly all christian documents, especially those in Rome, disappearing to make way for their replacements. In 331 AD, Constantine seized the opportunity of conducting the whitewashing of history and ordered new versions of the new testament to be written.  

What this means is the new testament that we have today was written in the 4th century with political spin desirable to constantine
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by Marlbron: 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2009
We=Allah? How, Why, When
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by PastorAIO: 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2009
Why didn't Allah give us anything in Africa?

This is not fair!!!!! He gave Jews, He gave christians, He gave Arabs. But we africans, nothing. I bet if he had given us instead we would have preserved it intact for the benefit of all of mankind. You know how much we fear traditions and respect our elders. If any silly kid tries to innovate we will flog the living daylights out of him.
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by olabowale(m): 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2009
@Marlbron: Ask Pastor AIO, he will tell you that when a husband is honoring himself in front of his wife, he will say " sebi awa ni oko e?" (In english we are your husband). And this husband is obviously refering to himself, because the wife does not have more than one husband all at the same time. At least not in Yorubaland. The Kings do use plural for themselves! Its called Majstic plural> When I speak to my wife, I sometimes say, aa nba e soro. Oo de gbo nkon taa nba e soo. Pastor, educate this man called Marlbron.

@Pastor AIO: Allah used Muhammad (AS) to cover all lands, all peoples, all the time till the day of Judgement, from the time of Muhammad (AS) onward! This is one of the reasons you have Bilal bin Rabah (RA), the Muhadhin of Muhammad, being a black african. What else do you want when you have the best, already?

Bawo ni, omo onilee?
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Why didn't Allah give us anything in Africa?

This is not fair!!!!! He gave Jews, He gave christians, He gave Arabs. But we africans, nothing. I bet if he had given us instead we would have preserved it intact for the benefit of all of mankind. You know how much we fear traditions and respect our elders. If any silly kid tries to innovate we will flog the living daylights out of him.
Yeah I keep wondering why no prophet is African.
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by mazaje(m): 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2009
olabowale:

@Pastor AIO: [b]Allah used Muhammad (AS) to cover all lands, all peoples, all the time till the day of Judgement, from the time of Muhammad (AS) onward! [/b]This is one of the reasons you have Bilal bin Rabah (RA), the Muhadhin of Muhammad, being a black african. What else do you want when you have the best, already?

Bawo ni, omo onilee?

Allah used mohammed eh? Where you there when allah was telling mohammed to go and spread islam through violence or did you read it from the book that was written over 300 years after the death of mohammed?
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by PastorAIO: 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2009
olabowale:

@Marlbron: Ask Pastor AIO, he will tell you that when a husband is honoring himself in front of his wife, he will say " sebi awa ni oko e?" (In english we are your husband). And this husband is obviously refering to himself, because the wife does not have more than one husband all at the same time. At least not in Yorubaland. The Kings do use plural for themselves! Its called Majstic plural> When I speak to my wife, I sometimes say, aa nba e soro. Oo de gbo nkon taa nba e soo. Pastor, educate this man called Marlbron.

@Pastor AIO: Allah used Muhammad (AS) to cover all lands, all peoples, all the time till the day of Judgement, from the time of Muhammad (AS) onward! This is one of the reasons you have Bilal bin Rabah (RA), the Muhadhin of Muhammad, being a black african. What else do you want when you have the best, already?

Bawo ni, omo onilee?

E kurole egbon mi! I'm fine thank you. However I want to state that prior to honoring myself in front of my wife I first make sure that my wife is well and thoroughly honoured herself. After ensuring her satisfactory satiation I can then please myself as I wish. Hey, but that's just me.
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by olabowale(m): 11:48pm On Jul 22, 2009
Oko obinreen! thats Ijebu for you. Now, that I know that you know how to seduce your wife, tell me, can you use majestic plural to honor yourself by furthering your seduction? To satisfy a woman is a big task. Most men fall short of its accomplishment, so the woman never let him know how inadequate he his in the pre-intimacy department. pre-intimacy does not have to lead to sex, immediately, you know.

I want to hear about the majestic plural bit. Can you tell us how that is? Do you use it? I want you to take Marlbron to school on this issue!
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by PastorAIO: 12:04am On Jul 23, 2009
olabowale:

Oko obinreen! thats Ijebu for you. Now, that I know that you know how to seduce your wife, tell me, can you use majestic plural to honor yourself by furthering your seduction? To satisfy a woman is a big task. Most men fall short of its accomplishment, so the woman never let him know how inadequate he his in the pre-intimacy department. pre-intimacy does not have to lead to sex, immediately, you know.

I want to hear about the majestic plural bit. Can you tell us how that is? Do you use it? I want you to take Marlbron to school on this issue!

I didn't know that Ijebu could be so sweet until I saw this:
[center][flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0aE_dOYPx4&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]
[/center]

If not for subtitles I don't even think I would be able to understand anything.

I'll get back to you on the matter of majestic plurals.
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by Krayola2(m): 12:12am On Jul 23, 2009
haha. . .Ijebu sounds a lil like my native dialect.
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by Krayola2(m): 12:17am On Jul 23, 2009
@ Pastor. . . Have arranged marriages ever been a part of yoruba culture? I mean when parent choose the partner and the child has no say in the matter
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by littleb(m): 1:26am On Jul 23, 2009
@osisi

Was it before Mohammed, during the lifetime of Mohammed or after the death of Mohammed.

Yes, osisi, I will say previous divine books were corrupted!lo
Who was bible revealed to? There is no where in the  Quran where ALLAH says he revealed bible, it is TORAH to Moses and INJEEL to Jesus. Now tell me, which part of the bible constitute INJEEL and which part constitute TORAH according to what you belief in the bible?

expecting your response
Re: When Did Allah Say The Bible Was Corrupted And How? by PastorAIO: 9:24am On Jul 23, 2009
But the messed up thing is that we all know that Jesus didn't write any Injeel and that the letters of Paul were written before the Injeel. I presume that the injeel is the gospels, yeah?

In fact christianity was alive and thriving long before there was any Injeel, so how could Allah have revealed it to Jesus?

(1) (2)

Duties Of Brotherhood In Islam / It's 1st Day Of Shaaban. 28/29 Days To Ramadan! / Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.