Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Journey To The Throne Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Journey To The Throne Of God (716 Views)

What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? / Reality Of The Throne Of God / Possibility To Accessing The Throne Of Mercy Through Grace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Journey To The Throne Of God by Kei144(m): 9:25am On Mar 20, 2016
Ge. 2:7 the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

When God created man, God had in mind to have a kingdom on earth. Human beings were to be the kingdom of God on earth; they were to be sons of God. When God breathed His Spirit into Adam, Adam immediately became a son of God. Unfortunately, Lucifer, the archangel and hence the leader of the sons of God in heaven, did not like what God had done with man. He apparently expected man to just be like other mammals, albeit with the highest intelligence among earthlings. Instead, God breathed His Spirit into man and thereby made man one of His sons.

It was this ill feeling towards Man’s sonship of God that made Satan to go against the will of God. Even though man had been made God’s son, man hadn’t yet received any inheritance as a son of God. Man therefore could not yet operate the divine power. Man would receive divine attributes as inheritance only if he shows some maturity by being obedient to every word of God. It was to this end that God gave man His word.

Ge. 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden;
Ge. 2:17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.”

As soon as man received God’s word, Lucifer went to the Garden of Eden to deceive man into disobeying the word of God. He succeeded and God took His Spirit away from man. That became the fall of man.
Re: Journey To The Throne Of God by Kei144(m): 9:27am On Mar 20, 2016
A New Man

After a number of millennia had passed, it was God’s time for His Spirit to get back into mankind. But the old man was not qualified, having been sold out to the devil. God formed a new man in the womb of a virgin. The new man was Jesus.

Mt. 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptised, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.

At the right age, God put His Spirit in the new man, during baptism by John the Baptist. Jesus was now at the same spiritual level as Adam before the fall. He was now a son of God, but had not yet received his inheritance as a son of God. In order to receive his inheritance, he needed to grow to spiritual maturity. The only way to grow in the way of God is by eating (or doing) God’s word.
Re: Journey To The Throne Of God by Kei144(m): 9:28am On Mar 20, 2016
Temptations by Satan

Mt. 4:1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil.

It was God Himself who drove Jesus to the wilderness where Satan tempted him. If Jesus chose to heed the words of Satan, he would fall like the old man. But if Jesus would choose to reject the words of Satan and heed the word of God, he would grow in the Spirit; which means that the measure of the anointing of the Holy Spirit in him would increase. Jesus rejected the words of Satan and held tightly to the word of God. This is a great lesson to all of us; it shows the principle of growing in anointing of the Holy Spirit. Hold tightly to the word of God and reject anything that is contrary to the word of God!

Lk. 4:13 When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.
Lk. 4:14 Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside.

Jesus successfully passed through temptation by Satan. God immediately promoted him by greatly increasing the measure of the Holy Spirit in him. That was when he commenced his great earthly ministry. The temptation did not end there anyway, as Satan only left him for an opportune time. All through Jesus’ earthly ministry, Satan continued to tempt him, but Jesus never yielded to the temptation. The final part of Jesus’ earthly ministry was to die on the cross in order to atone for the sins of the old man, so that all mankind could receive the Holy Spirit. Satan tempted him sorely to discourage him from dying on the cross, but Jesus chose to do the will of God.

Ro. 1:4 and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God, by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ph. 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death — even death on a cross!
Ph. 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name

God formally adopted Jesus Christ as His Son by resurrecting him from the dead. God exalted Jesus to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name. Jesus received great inheritance from God.
Re: Journey To The Throne Of God by Kei144(m): 9:29am On Mar 20, 2016
Jesus is our Example

1Pe. 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

Jesus is an Adam who succeeded where the old Adam failed. He offered his life as a sacrifice of atonement for the sins of the first Adam, thereby abolishing the alienation of the old man from God. Mankind can now receive the Spirit of God in the inner being. But receiving the Spirit of God is not an end in itself; it is rather the beginning of a long journey. After God breathed His Spirit into Adam in Ge. 2:7, He put Adam in the Garden of Eden, where Adam had to choose between the two trees at the centre of the garden. After God put His Spirit in Jesus at the River Jordan (Mt. 3:16), the Spirit drove Jesus into the desert where he had to choose between the words of Satan and the word of God.

Choosing to live by the word of God makes a person to grow in the measure of the Holy Spirit within. Choosing to live by the word or way of Satan grieves the Holy Spirit and could make the Holy Spirit to finally depart from a person. Adam finally lost the Holy Spirit by disobeying the only word given to him by God. Jesus consistently shunned Satan’s words and Satan’s ways and held firmly to the word of God. He continued to increase in the measure of the Holy Spirit in him. When Jesus obeyed the ultimate word of God concerning him, which was to offer himself as a sacrifice of atonement, God promoted him to sit on the throne with God.
Re: Journey To The Throne Of God by Kei144(m): 9:30am On Mar 20, 2016
The Spiritual Journey

Mt. 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in [Or into] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Mt. 28:20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

The journey to the throne of God begins with baptisms; baptism means immersion. The first baptism is into the name of the Father, which is God’s word. You must become very knowledgeable in the word of God and you must be interested in fulfilling the word in your life. You need to diligently study the Bible. You need to be tutored by people who know the word.

The second baptism is into the name of Jesus Christ. This is done through water baptism. The person that teaches you the word should baptize you into Jesus Christ.

The third baptism is in the Holy Spirit. The person receives the Holy Spirit in the inner being. The Holy Spirit is received through prayer (Lk. 11:13). A person that has the Holy Spirit belongs to the kingdom of God.

Having received the Holy Spirit, a person should grow in the measure of the Spirit in the inner being. That is only achieved by obeying everything that God commanded us through Jesus Christ.
Re: Journey To The Throne Of God by Kei144(m): 9:32am On Mar 20, 2016
Not by Human Power but by the Spirit

Zec. 4:6 So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty.
Zec. 4:7 “What are you, O mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become level ground. Then he will bring out the capstone to shouts of ‘God bless it! God bless it!’”

People have concluded that it is impossible for any person to consistently live by the word of God. But what is impossible with man is possible with God (Mt. 19:26). In order to consistently live by the word of God, you must train yourself to live by faith. Faith is regarding and calling the things that are not as though they are (Ro. 4:17).

Jo. 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

In Jo. 1:8 God teaches us how to consistently live by His word. We should often be speaking His word and His word should always occupy our minds. If we let God’s word always occupy our minds, all our speech and actions will proceed from the word of God in our minds and so will be in agreement with the will of God.

When I pray early in the morning and in the night, I say as follows: “I love you O Lord my God. By your grace, I will always love you with all my heart and with all my strength and with all my soul. And I will always love my neighbor as I love myself.” As you speak the word of God this way, you are feeding your soul with the word. Your life will be aligning with the word of God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journey To The Throne Of God by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 20, 2016
Kei144:
Not by Human Power but by the Spirit

Zec. 4:6 So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty.
Zec. 4:7 “What are you, O mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become level ground. Then he will bring out the capstone to shouts of ‘God bless it! God bless it!’”

People have concluded that it is impossible for any person to consistently live by the word of God. But what is impossible with man is possible with God (Mt. 19:26). In order to consistently live by the word of God, you must train yourself to live by faith. Faith is regarding and calling the things that are not as though they are (Ro. 4:17).

Jo. 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

In Jo. 1:8 God teaches us how to consistently live by His word. We should often be speaking His word and His word should always occupy our minds. If we let God’s word always occupy our minds, all our speech and actions will proceed from the word of God in our minds and so will be in agreement with the will of God.

When I pray early in the morning and in the night, I say as follows: “I love you O Lord my God. By your grace, I will always love you with all my heart and with all my strength and with all my soul. And I will always love my neighbor as I love myself.” As you speak the word of God this way, you are feeding your soul with the word. Your life will be aligning with the word of God.
Wow! Refreshing... GOD bless You @ Kei144
Re: Journey To The Throne Of God by Kei144(m): 11:30am On Mar 20, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
Wow! Refreshing... GOD bless You @ Kei144

You are richly blessed, @BlaqCoffee109.
Re: Journey To The Throne Of God by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 20, 2016
Kei144:

You are richly blessed, @BlaqCoffee109.
smiley Amen,same to You and thank you for sharing these wonderful insight.
Re: Journey To The Throne Of God by Kei144(m): 5:59pm On Mar 20, 2016
Mt. 25:3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.
Mt. 25:4 The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.

If you want to increase the oil (Holy Spirit) in your lamp (the inner being), put to practice what I have posted in this thread.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3116448/pg1
Re: Journey To The Throne Of God by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
God bless you
Re: Journey To The Throne Of God by Kei144(m): 6:40am On Mar 21, 2016
denzmark:
God bless you

You are mightily blessed, @denzmark.

(1) (Reply)

I Lied: ‘pastor’ Who Alleged GEJ Gave 7bn Bribe To Oyedepo, Oritsejafor / Easter: Nigerians Are Suffering – Northern CAN Tells Buhari / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/05/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.