Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,944 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

#riversrerun: Early Results Emerge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge (56099 Views)

BREAKING: #riversrerun – Pdp’s Osinachukwu Ideozu Declared Winner In Rivers West / #RiversRerun: INEC Confirms Election Violence; Issue Press Release (Full Speech) / #RIVERSRE-RUN Early Results Emerge!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by Igwe9(m): 12:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
IamPatriotic:

I'm worried about how divided and polarized we are in this country, although, there is nothing wrong in political parties having strongholds, but the kind of strongholds we have in Nigeria which is usually referred to in the western medias as " Christians south and Muslims north" do not only portent danger for our electoral system, also our cooperate existence as a country. may God help us

Are patriotic to the government or to the people?
Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by sunshine1974(m): 12:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
IamPatriotic:

I'm worried about how divided and polarized we are in this country, although, there is nothing wrong in political parties having strongholds, but the kind of strongholds we have in Nigeria which is usually referred to in the western medias as " Christians south and Muslims north" do not only portent danger for our electoral system, also our cooperate existence as a country. may God help us
we are divided already, predominant muslim north and predominant Christian south......dats it, nothing can be done about it, if not the yoloba people wen be Judas for south wen dey practice d oda religion, d whole south wld ve bin Christians.......it will continue like dis till only God knows wen

5 Likes

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by onatisi(m): 12:20pm On Mar 20, 2016
Reference:

The threat of violence. Those pictures of beheadings and gun shot incidents must have been a big turn-off. Whoever wins has a flawed mandate. Its like US baseball calling its finals, 'world series'.
Honestly speaking even me I wouldn't have gone out to vote if I was there not even if my wife is contesting .
Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by tbliss22(m): 12:20pm On Mar 20, 2016
Congrats to all PDP guys in the house. But next time try do this like a perfect GENTLE men not with violence.

Let all the APC supporters just congratulate them already and accept this defeat in good faith.

3 Likes

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by Henovy: 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
GodpunishBuhari:

Consolation words of a loser
Consolation words of a loser? Please come on. Answer a simple question: why did all the votes not go to PDP? Sure there must be winners and losers but it shows that with all the noise there is a huge crowd of APC supporters.
Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by lacicrips(m): 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
onatisi:
"No. of registered voters = 18,426; No of
Accredited Voters = 2053; Total Valid Votes:

= 1924"

This is scary and this is the problem with Nigeria politics. Less than 20% of registered voters went out to vote and yet we complain of bad leadership
You can't blame anyone bro when their safety isn't guaranteed, although most Nigerians naturally feel too big to come out vote.

1 Like

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by IamPatriotic(m): 12:22pm On Mar 20, 2016
sunshine1974:
we are divided already, predominant muslim north and predominant Christian south......dats it, nothing can be done about it, if not the yoloba people wen be Judas for south wen dey practice d oda religion, d whole south wld ve bin Christians.......it will continue like dis till only God knows wen

Sorry, how old are you?

4 Likes

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by ajebuter(f): 12:22pm On Mar 20, 2016
Lemon12:
grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
What appen ? grin grin

I thought our southwest brethrens promised to deliver Rivers to Apc

Add online abokiii voters on Nairaland abeg.

I have always said the APC members that win elections in niger delta are based in southwest and north.

But the real voters in south south are south southerners.

Respect to Riverians for rejecting the broom zombies

3 Likes

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by castrokins(m): 12:23pm On Mar 20, 2016
In Case You've Not Heard, Amaechi Lost His Local Government. Learn To Fail Honourably By Accepting Your Defeats

NgeneUkwenu:
So where did PDP manufacture the results they were releasing yesterday?

ALL TOTAL
PDP: 818
APC: 532

APC = 703, PDP = 1192

Upon all the Killings by Wike and his touts?

I tot nobody will vote for APC in Obi Akpor...
Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by rlekam(m): 12:23pm On Mar 20, 2016
Like criously! Even d Pple who did not vote will stil cum out and start chanting "bad leaders"
Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by onatisi(m): 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2016
lacicrips:

You can't blame anyone bro when their safety isn't guaranteed, although most Nigerians naturally feel too big to come out vote.
This is another reason too,most Nigerians dont even value voters card and the only reason why they collect is when the state government mandates it as condition for salary payment

1 Like

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by Ekakamba: 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
This proves that form is temporary, class is permanent. FEE DEE FEE odds 1.12 to win all round, Ay FEE SEE odds 10,000.50 to win 5seats. grin
Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by ajebuter(f): 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2016
nnamdismart:
Hahaha, Apc how market?

Dem still get market to sell ni? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 20, 2016
PDP take am easy nah shocked APC tief ur fone grin

1 Like

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by Reference(m): 12:34pm On Mar 20, 2016
IamPatriotic:

It all started with the ACN which was a regional party that failed to nationalise before seeking and expanding power. Even the CPC which it merged with had a reasonable footprint across the Niger in the east. The PDP on the other had has always been a pluralistic party and even today has cross cultural and cross religious support reflected in the diversity of its office holders.

The APC is more sectional than the PDP. That's why the East and South are so hotly contested as territories to be conquered. And anyone saying the South-East are politically sectional is being dishonest. If they were they will have turned to APGA enmasse when the PDP lost the centre but they did not showing that they remain pluralistic and willing to work for a democratic country. I cannot see what the South East and South South are doing that the South West has not been doing since 1999.

After 300 years of independence and democracy the United States still has stronghold where the Republicans and Democrats hold sway, most based on cultural demographics, same with the UK, France, Germany, etc.

2 Likes

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by tinsel: 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2016
tbliss22:
Congrats to all PDP guys in the house. But next time try do this like a perfect GENTLE men not with violence.

Let all the APC supporters just congratulate them already and accept this defeat in good faith.

There is no result yet.
Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by DifferentBoy1(m): 12:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
emekamigo:

APC is in power while PDP is in charge-who is now the ineffectual buffoon?

let us watch what will happen at the reruns
Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

ALL TOTAL

APC = 703, PDP = 1192

That is the truth. The few that voted APC came out because of the military presence of Amaechi.

I think Amaechi deserves commendation for saving lives in this election. I believe the military presence in the state reduced the number of lives lost.

I still do not see APC winning the election and I would like APC to stand down at this time. This is a democracy and the people have chosen to continue the kind of government GEJ started.

If the people want thuggery and Cultism, who are we to deny them of their right. Even if we think it is crazy to allow such kind of misrule, it is a democracy and it is what they want.

I salute Amaechi for his campaign to bring people out to vote. His arguments to explain the captivity the people are under.

Sir Amaechi, you have fought a good fight. Many of us in Rivers State are proud of you. If the people want misrule, give it to them and hands off.
Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by kingofabia: 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Many of us in Rivers State is proud of you..

With this kind of English, I wonder what will happen if they allow people like u into govt

6 Likes

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by Orikinla(m): 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2016
Many people were scared of voting for APC to avoid being attacked and murdered by hired killers of the PDP.
PDP has been using thugs and hired killers to eliminate political opponents since 1999. Because, they have many shareholders in annual federal revenue allocations, contracts from multinational oil companies and taxes amounting to billions of dollars. Their bloody greed for power is the cause of the violence. If you want to stay alive and well, don't oppose them; from Odili to Wike.
This is not about Amaechi and APC, because even if you are not a member of APC and you challenge them, they will attack and eliminate you.
They are all demonic cultists. Human sacrifice is their ritual.

They will vandalize oil pipelines and cause spillages and then threaten the oil companies for compensation for the damages they deliberately caused and they will also demand for the contracts to repair the damaged pipelines.

On Bonny Island, the Nigeria LNG provides regular power supply and water supply and tarred all their roads and Shell built a big library for them which they don't use and the Nigeria LNG and other companies also give them regular jobs. But they have failed to use all these provisions to improve their lives. Majority of them still behave like uncivilized beasts and are naturally malevolent troublemakers. They pretend to be Christians, but they fear their juju more than God.
Just beware of them, because they are heartless people and some them still practice cannibalism.

3 Likes

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by tscw: 12:48pm On Mar 20, 2016
henroe2k2:
Some of the results from the rerun of the
national and state assembly elections in
Rivers State are emerging.

FINAL RESULTS FROM OBIO AKPOR WARD 13
- UNITS 001 - 023 (RUMUADAORLU,

RUMUOLA & RUMUOKWUTA) OBIO/AKPOR
LGA RESULTS FOR SENATE, HOUSE OF REPS AND STATE ASSEMBLY AS DECLARED BY INEC OFFICIALS IN THE POLLING UNITS.

SENATE
PDP (1173) APC (512)

REPS.
PDP (1270) APC (493)

HOA
PDP (1237) APC (494).

WARD 12 COLLATED RESULT

UNIT 1
REPS: PDP 33, APC26

SENATE: PDP 32, APC 26, 1 VOID

UNIT 2
REPS: PDP 26, APC 11, 5 VOID

SENATE: PDP 29, APC 12, 1 VOID

UNIT 3
REPS: PDP 39, APC 38, 3 VOID
SENATE: PDP 30, APC 41, 1 VOID

UNIT 4
REPS: PDP 48, APC 31, 5 VOID
SENATE: PDP 49, APC 32, 3 VOID

UNIT 5
REPS: PDP 49, APC 25
SENATE: PDP 49, APC 25, 1 VOID

UNIT 6
REPS: PDP 49, APC 21, 3 VOID
SENATE: PDP 54, APC 19

UNIT 7
REPS: 35, APC 20
SENATE: PDP 35, APC 20

UNIT 8
REPS: PDP 52, APC 20
SENATE: PDP 50, APC 22

UNIT 9
REPS: PDP 45, APC 32, 8 VOID
SENATE: PDP 46, APC 35, LP 1, 3 VOID

UNIT 10
REPS: PDP 35, APC 34
SENATE: PDP 33, APC 42

TOTAL
REPS: PDP 411, APC 258
SENATE: PDP 407, APC 274

ALL TOTAL

Ward 3 Total from INEC Collation sheet.

SENATE:

No. of registered voters = 18,426; No of
Accredited Voters = 2053; Total Valid Votes:

= 1924; Rejected Votes = 130, Total Vote
Cast = 2053; APC = 691; ID = 0; LP = 1;
NNPP = 0; PDP 1217.
House of Reps.
APC = 703, PDP = 1192

INEC Collation Officer (DR EZE WOSU)

na pdp get rivers wether amechi and buhari like am or not. pls, some body should tell this duo to senior up, there are behaving like kids
shocked shocked cool

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/riversrerun-early-results-emerge/
Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by akagson: 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

ALL TOTAL

APC = 703, PDP = 1192

For your info, the votes APC managed to muster is a reflection of the enormous effort they put into rigging the election. In a free and fair election, APC can NEVER get up to 10% of the votes of the Rivers electorates. Amaechi tried his best, but his evil was not good enough to give Rivers to APC.
TRY AGAIN NEXT TIME!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2016
kingofabia:

With this kind of English, I wonder what will happen if they allow people like u into govt

Thanks for the correction. It is a typo because I am multitasking. You can tell by the limited errors in my texts. I guess, you never made a typo.

3 Likes

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by excel101(m): 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

ALL TOTAL

APC = 703, PDP = 1192

You dey console yourself now, abi ur eye done clear now say........ PDP is the mainstay in Niger delta
Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by IamPatriotic(m): 12:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
Reference:

It all started with the ACN which was a regional party that failed to nationalise before seeking and expanding power. Even the CPC which it merged with had a reasonable footprint across the Niger in the east. The PDP on the other had has always been a pluralistic party and even today has cross cultural and cross religious support reflected in the diversity of its office holders.

The APC is more sectional than the PDP. That's why the East and South are so hotly contested as territories to be conquered. And anyone saying the South-East are politically sectional is being dishonest. If they were they will have turned to APGA enmasse when the PDP lost the centre but they did not showing that they remain pluralistic and willing to work for a democratic country. I cannot see what the South East and South South are doing that the South West has not been doing since 1999.

After 300 years of independence and democracy the United States still has stronghold where the Republicans and Democrats hold sway, most based on cultural demographics, same with the UK, France, Germany, etc.

You're not totally correct, I'm from the South West, the talk of the region being an opposition to the central government is more of a media creation, going back memory lane, in 1999, Gbenga Aluko was a senator from Ekiti, he was elected under the pdp, also pdp had a sizeable number of HoR members from the South West, fast forward to 2003, the tide changed Pdp swept to power in the south west controlling 5 of the 6 states in the region and also virtually all the Senate and house of representatives seats, the talk of opposition resurfaced with Tinubu's ACN and in spite of all the talks about it, there were handful of places in the south west that were being dominated by L.P. (a known heir to PDP) .
Take it or leave it elections are most keenly contested in the south west and it is always with nearly no lost of life, except in few cases of assassination big wits which is usually carried prelude to the main elections .

1 Like

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by egheleghe(m): 12:57pm On Mar 20, 2016
People should stop announcing fake results.this election is just a repeat of last year election with power in favour of minister.i expect apc to win majority as the best rigger carries the day.
Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by Reference(m): 12:57pm On Mar 20, 2016
Orikinla:
Many people were scared of voting for APC to avoid being attacked and murdered by hired killers of the PDP.
PDP has been using thugs and hired killers to eliminate political opponents since 1999. Because, they have many shareholders in annual federal revenue allocations, contracts from multinational oil companies and taxes amounting to billions of dollars. Their bloody greed for power is the cause of the violence. If you want to stay alive and well, don't oppose them; from Odili to Wike.
This is not about Amaechi and APC, because even if you are not a member of APC and you challenge them, they will attack and eliminate you.

They will vandalize oil pipelines and cause spillages and then threaten the oil companies for compensation for the damages they deliberately caused and they will also demand for the contracts to repair the damaged pipelines.

On Bonny Island, the Nigeria LNG provides regular power supply and water supply and tarred all their roads and Shell built a big library for them which they don't use and the Nigeria LNG and other companies also give them regular jobs. But they have failed to use all these provisions to improve their lives. Majority of them still behave like uncivilized beasts and are naturally malevolent troublemakers. They pretend to be Christians, but they fear their juju more than God.
Just beware of them, because they are heartless people and some them still practice cannibalism.

That is the problem with people like you. You see the South as territory to be conquered. If you are an indigene is this how you call your brothers. If you are a foreigner is this how you address your hosts. Can't the same be said about the north in many ways. The people you address that way have been agitating for resource control. They want the oil for themselves and they will view the APC as representing a position much further away from that objective and folks like you are not helping your party and the matter as a whole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by maslong(m): 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2016
Orikinla:

TRASH! TRASH!! TRASH!!!
FROM
ORI NKITA

1 Like

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by Kate77sexy(f): 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2016
ubaobi:
Early results can be misleading. But I still think PDP will thrash APC once and for all. Wish APC gets the message. The south South and South East are not interested in ur ethnic and religious ideologies. We don't want to be slaves, we don't want to be in bondage. Say what you want about PDP, it's the only party that guarantees our freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of religion etc. Leave us alone.
You enjoying the country i hope

1 Like

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:03pm On Mar 20, 2016
kingofabia:

If you think typos and grammatical blunder grades leadership, then you need to think again.
I will take a leader who makes grammatical blunders and typos but leads his people well to a grammar perfect leader with bad intentions.

Wike's Special Adviser arrested yesterday is an on air and TV personality with perfect grammar and diction. Look at what his bad intentions and choices led him to yesterday.

Disguising thugs in Army uniforms to perpetuate evil.

Re: #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge by LastProphet: 1:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
ubaobi:
Early results can be misleading. But I still think PDP will thrash APC once and for all. Wish APC gets the message. The south South and South East are not interested in ur ethnic and religious ideologies. We don't want to be slaves, we don't want to be in bondage. Say what you want about PDP, it's the only party that guarantees our freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of religion etc. Leave us alone.

and freedom to loot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Official Vehicle Of The Executive Governor Of Enugu State – Armoured BMW 760li / See The Weapons 'Recovered' From Shiite Muslims After Clash With Police In Kano / Amaechi Loses His Temper On A LoveFM Presenter Who Exposed His Hipocrisy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.